Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:13   #3196
BHPian

Hey folks,

I have completed 3000kms on my figo tdci.

the FE update is not promising now in city i got 11.8 and 11.6 kmpl (full tank to full tank auto stop)

I was getting around 12.5 kmpl before the service

I guess Figo tdci FE is not going help figo sales. i might have got this FE even with POLO petrol i guess !

Cheers.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:18   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hey folks,

the FE update is not promising now in city i got 11.8 and 11.6 kmpl (full tank to full tank auto stop)

I guess Figo tdci FE is not going help figo sales. i might have got this FE even with POLO petrol i guess !

Cheers.
Those are some scary figures!!

Did you complain about the same during your first service?

I get around 15-16 (with a/c 80% on) in city conditions and got 22-23 on highways!

So you should raise your voice if you are not getting those figures! Unless of course you are driving in saddest roads ever, which I doubt!

By the way, how much do you drive daily?
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:34   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Hey folks,

Cheers.
I feel there's seriously something wrong here. I get the same figures in my Figo petrol. Is the pump you are filling from a trusted one?
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:25   #3199
BHPian

Really scary figures
I would assume one must get 15+ in city conditions, the highway mileage may vary based on the conditions though should be higher than city.
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:33   #3200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try to fill at a different petrol bunk, if you have not tried this already

Also, how are your driving speeds in each gear ?
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:49   #3201
BHPian

I'm a sedate driver. I drive mostly in non-peak hours where traffic is light and not stop and go. I put my diesel from Indianoil and fill it to the brim. I check my air pressure every 2 weeks. I ensure I follow the 30 second rule(before journey start and idle & completed journey idle and stop).

I get about ~14+ in the city. Probably reduces because sometime I need to go through T Nagar where congestion is a guarantee. But in open stretches 15 is definite figure.

My earlier WagonR always gave ~12kmpl.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:48   #3202
Senior - BHPian

Here is the link that talks about solutions to a few of the problems in Figo!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ms-solved.html
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:01   #3203
BHPian

Fuel station : Kaveri pump near lalbagh (one of the most trusted unless someone says otherwise)

My driving pattern :
1. I keep the car in idle for 30 seconds, before driving
2. Every day to office and back home is 2.5 kms drive (yes office and home quite close and might be a problem for FE)
3. City traffic conditions quite bad speeds most of the time less than 50kmph. Most of the time i would be 2/3 gear.
4. Gear/Speed changes : I keep RPM in 1400 to 1800 band
5. AC usage 50%

With the above data not much hope for high FE i guess. But my concern is before 1st service i was getting 12+, but now i am getting 12-

1st service observation : i saw the engine old change done via CCTV. The guy poured 4-5 Litre of engine oil in 20 seconds. Is this possible? or i am wondering that he just topped it up, when i asked the service mgr he said yes 5 litres can be poured in 20 seconds ! Experts please advise. Based on your advise i might ask them to put new oil again, of course at my cost
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:18   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel station : Kaveri pump near lalbagh (one of the most trusted unless someone says otherwise)

My driving pattern :
1. I keep the car in idle for 30 seconds, before driving
2. Every day to office and back home is 2.5 kms drive (yes office and home quite close and might be a problem for FE)
3. City traffic conditions quite bad speeds most of the time less than 50kmph. Most of the time i would be 2/3 gear.
4. Gear/Speed changes : I keep RPM in 1400 to 1800 band
5. AC usage 50%

With the above data not much hope for high FE i guess. But my concern is before 1st service i was getting 12+, but now i am getting 12-

1st service observation : i saw the engine old change done via CCTV. The guy poured 4-5 Litre of engine oil in 20 seconds. Is this possible? or i am wondering that he just topped it up, when i asked the service mgr he said yes 5 litres can be poured in 20 seconds ! Experts please advise. Based on your advise i might ask them to put new oil again, of course at my cost
hey yamaha,

by any means its impossible to pour 5 lts oil in 20 secs since it will be more viscous than compared to any other liquid.. this might be possibly a top up. Engine oil change is a very easy process provided you should have care on the drain nut. These are all DIY stuff, but yeah it takes some time to get used to it, but you can very well try it in some other old vehicle till you get used to it. (only if you want to learn by yourself)

May be you can try out some shell or reliance once and try to check for FE. I hope you do the tank full to full method of checking for your FE. Sorry that i dont know abt the petrol station that you have mentioned, so cannot comment on that. Your driving is perfect to get gof FE, may be you can stretch upto 2.5K rpm to the max.. Yes as you mentioned, short distance is infact something to do with your FE.

Regards,
Rajan
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:32   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
hey yamaha,

by any means its impossible to pour 5 lts oil in 20 secs since it will be more viscous than compared to any other liquid.. this might be possibly a top up.
Rajan, can you tell approx how long it might take to fill 5 ltr? if its too far away from 20 secs, then i will surely get my oil changed again. i will tell the mgr to put the new oil in 20 seconds, if he cannot then i will not pay for the oil ! fair deal i guess. if one or two more experts can back me regarding the time regarding fill up it will help.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:22   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Rajan, can you tell approx how long it might take to fill 5 ltr? if its too far away from 20 secs, then i will surely get my oil changed again. i will tell the mgr to put the new oil in 20 seconds, if he cannot then i will not pay for the oil ! fair deal i guess. if one or two more experts can back me regarding the time regarding fill up it will help.
Even with a very good experience, it would take atleast a minute to pour 5 lts of oil as i can imagine since i have not noted this down.

Just try pouring water from a bottle, once you try to pour it fast, there might be some blocks coz of the bottle opening and the amount of flow. The same happens with oil too.

May be i can tell you the exact timing by tomorrow.

Last edited by informmaha : 3rd September 2010 at 23:25.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:16   #3207
BHPian

BTW, I got my front Bumber fixed for Free from Lathangi Ford. My experience with them has been fantabulous so far. I had a bumper dislodge on one end due to a biker who was desperately looking for car to commit suicide, he attempted with my car I guess joing a 3 lane one way road from a small junction at full speed and trying turn after he is in middle of the street! Buch gaya sala.

I had to drive to the body shop, far away on BH road. I didn't want to go for repainting for the minor scratch as I can live with that. So I requested for refixing of bumper and was pleasantly surprised when they didn't charge me for the 10 min job.

So my experiences have been on-par and at times better than Maruti (Mandovi) at Ford (Lathangi).

BTW, How is the experience in the forum who have claimed using the Bajaj Drive assure plan (twice a year claim & 100% coverage) ?

Quote:
1st service observation : i saw the engine old change done via CCTV.
Wow, Which dealer is this ? Did they show you the recoding or live via cctv ? The TDCi engine oil cap mount is pretty big so one can pour oil via a full bucket... you know what I mean.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 4th September 2010 at 09:18.
Old 4th September 2010, 16:37   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Yamaha,

Tested it today and min it takes 3 min to get that 5 lts into the engine, since the holes in the engine blocks are small, even if you try to pour more oil, it would just come out of the cylinder head cover, so its impossible for you to pour the oil in 20 secs. And moreover for you to check the oil with the help of the dip stick, it takes another 2 mins for the oil to get settled, so a total of 5 mins (minimum) is req to pour the fluid and check the level.

You can check it out with some other forums on this or if you get to have a garage nearby to your house, you can ask them, they can tell you or even show you practically if they have any vehicles in line for an oil change.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:08   #3209
Senior - BHPian

@Yamaha, You could go back to the service station, request them to drain the oil and refill it again in 20s.. You dont loose anything and if they are proved wrong, you know what to do!!
Old 4th September 2010, 20:50   #3210
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK these people use engine oil from a drum and "hand pump" it to refil. So .25 liters/sec (5L/20 SEC) is achievable or not is debatable, me thinks it may nOt be possible!

Last edited by anilisanil : 4th September 2010 at 20:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks