Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:47   #3061
BHPian

It should be either a manufacturing flaw with the component, or a mistake during assembly where the part was forced in the wrong way. Ford should replace it.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:17   #3062
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes chncar, Mutantx,

One thing which comes to my mind when the SM said "for this amount you will get only this". If this is true then - what about ABS & Airbag in Titanium
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:29   #3063
BHPian

"for this amount you will only get this" -> how could an SM say this? so does it mean that FORD manufactures substandard products for "this amount"? you should have asked me right away! such attitude is not arrogance, it kinda ignorance. The SM doesnt know how to "Sell" a product after the product is "SOLD".

If I were in your shoes, I would have given the SM an advice on how to talk & sell your product. damn!
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:44   #3064
BHPian

Agreed, that is one of the cheapest things a salesperson or service incharge can say. Not even a tea vendor selling a tea for 3 Rs (in which case it might actually be true) would talk like that.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:09   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Agreed, that is one of the cheapest things a salesperson or service incharge can say. Not even a tea vendor selling a tea for 3 Rs (in which case it might actually be true) would talk like that.
On a similar note, I remember I had asked the SM at Planet Ford, Pune - what if I get the USB cable and fog lamp fitted from outside? I am getting them cheap outside (Ford claims Rs. 4.5K for figo fog lamps and Rs. 1150 for USB cable). The SM replied me that if you are buying a car worth Rs. 5.6k, why would you want to save a few hundred bucks. I didn't argue with him that time as I was taking delivery of my vehicle but then it doesn't mean Ford can milk money from customers like this.
I am not sure about the quality of fog lamps we get outside but I am sure the cable is not worth that money (This is discussed somewhere on this site)

These are small issues, but Ford should take a note of this.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:28   #3066
BHPian

I also had a bad experience at the mpl ford. i had a small accident with a bike which had resulted in small dents on 2 of my doors(left side) and the front wheel arc(reported earlier on this thread). I went to mpl body shop to try to get it fixed. The guy gave me a bill of 16000 Rs for the doors and wheel arc. Also he said i will have to go and do the insurance formalities by myself and the body shop doesn't have any tieup or anything of that sort with the insurance folks. The attitude was take it or leave it kinds. I told him that i don't want to spend that kind of money, can we do some touch up or something?. The guy is like we only do a full job. no touch up etc. Again take it or leave it kinds. I had a kerala registration car and i thought that this attitude could be because the car is not from their showroom or something. but the other posts make me wonder. I finally didn't get it fixed at all and is planning to drive it to kerala this onam to get it fixed there.

In contrast when i spoke to the tvm kairali ford guy he seemed more concerned and asked to bring the car and that he will take car of all the insurance formalities/repairs etc.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 2nd August 2010 at 14:31.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:19   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Hey yogeshnaik, nice td report of Figo. Did you test drive petrol variant too. I did a test drive of both variants a few days ago. My observations were essentially similar. I would like to add that although Figo Tdci is lower on torque and power rating than the Fiat multijet, yet its more drivable and gets my vote as better of the two. Actually I am planning of booking a hatch in a few days. I wanted to test drive I 20 too, (although I am not too excited about it considering the lesser dynamic ability of this car vs its competitors, as already pointed out in this forum many times). But I could not test drive it yet, as no vehicle is available at two of the three Hyundai dealers in my city. :(
Hi RDB,
Thanks. I did not test drive the petrol version of Figo. Yes, the Figo is more drivable in city, but on highways the engine needs to work more. The Fiat multijets are far more superior and ahead on highway handling and not to forget on ghats sections, the Fiat multijets does it with an ease. The Punto is well built and feels solid. I felt safe to be seated in Punto. The i20 is premium hatchback, but I felt it lacks in power. You may watch the videos on Youtube from "Overdrive's ultimate hatch test Parts I, II & III", the links are as below:

These videos are superb and Overdrive Folks have done a good job. Also I felt i20 is overpriced. Have you tested Punto 90BHP which is released recently?

In all the diesels, the Multijet is a master piece. Good luck !
Old 4th August 2010, 13:05   #3068
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Good Response from Ford India

After sending one reminder mail to Ford, got a call from MPL to visually check my rear tail lamp crack. I took the vehicle today to service centre. PDI representative from Ford India and a representative from the spare part vendor were present along with service centre Floor Manager. They visually checked thoroughly and ordered for a replacement immediately.

Luckily MPL had a stock of the tail lamp and replaced it. Eventhough it took around 2 hours today morning, I am very happy that Ford responded and made a customer happy .

Meanwhile for the fuel lid boot misalignment, FM has asked to come leisurely as it may take 2 hours to check and realign.

After this I got a call from service manager, Rajshree Ford (where I took delivery) asking about the defect and do I need any help. I explained and conveyed my thanks.

The Floor Manager at MPL was very courteous and made regular follow up. Special thanks to him.
Good work by Ford India, MPL & Rajshree. Thanks a lot -A customer is retained
Old 4th August 2010, 13:14   #3069
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the warranty claim
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-warrantyclaim.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 13:16   #3070
BHPian

That was prompt. My figo's bonnet is mis aligned. On the right side, between the bonnet and the head lamp, i can easily insert my finger. on the other side i cannot. This was brought to the notice of service engineer at harpreet ford, but the car came back without this issue getting attended. They told me to come at leisure for getting this rectified. That's ford experience
Old 4th August 2010, 14:02   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes chncar, Mutantx,

One thing which comes to my mind when the SM said "for this amount you will get only this". If this is true then - what about ABS & Airbag in Titanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
"for this amount you will only get this" -> how could an SM say this? so does it mean that FORD manufactures substandard products for "this amount"? you should have asked me right away! such attitude is not arrogance, it kinda ignorance. The SM doesnt know how to "Sell" a product after the product is "SOLD".

If I were in your shoes, I would have given the SM an advice on how to talk & sell your product. damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Guys..chillout...at least members on this forum will be well aware that claims of SAs (Ford or any others) should be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
On a similar note, I remember I had asked the SM at Planet Ford, Pune - what if I get the USB cable and fog lamp fitted from outside? I am getting them cheap outside (Ford claims Rs. 4.5K for figo fog lamps and Rs. 1150 for USB cable). The SM replied me that if you are buying a car worth Rs. 5.6k, why would you want to save a few hundred bucks. I didn't argue with him that time as I was taking delivery of my vehicle but then it doesn't mean Ford can milk money from customers like this.
I am not sure about the quality of fog lamps we get outside but I am sure the cable is not worth that money (This is discussed somewhere on this site)

These are small issues, but Ford should take a note of this.
Am not sure of fog lamps but it has discussed to death before - the usb cable is not the normal one used to connect external hard disks...these are proprietory cables (pictures are avlbl in this thread somewhere) and definitely not the 100/- kinds.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:27   #3072
Senior - BHPian

OT: ford figo in dubai? the camoed vehicle is a 2011 Ford Explorer.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordexplorerdubai2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordexplorerdubai1.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 23:31   #3073
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I feel the Figo exported to Dubai has the 1.6 duratec engine from the Fiesta. The Indian Figo needs it desperately.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:16   #3074
BHPian

Ford has introduced the Figo in South Africa where it is RHD(and it comes with the 1.4 Duratec), but I did not read any news about a LHD Figo, so I wonder...
Old 5th August 2010, 13:34   #3075
Adrenalin

Hey, i had booked the Ford Figo Diesel Zxi model 2 weeks back. Yesterday, i got a call from from SP saying that the prices have hiked for all the figo models by Rs.3k-4k. I was unsure about the genuineness of the news.

Anybody booked figo recently or heard hike in price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks