Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 00:21   #10666
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Gave my 2011 67k km covered Figo petrol for suspension related work to FASS last week. There was a lot of knocking sounds and I knew before hand that the tie and link rod rubber seals were broken. I wanted to give my car to my regular mechanic but he's garage is under major renovation and the other one( Bosh Service) was too crowded.

Anyways, I also did following additional jobs at Ford in addition to the tie ends and link rod Replacement:
1. Engine coolant ( never replaced since 2011)
2. Brake pads ( replaced at 32k km with Bosh pads)
3. Checking to see why the fender indicator light wasn't working.

I was trying to avoid Ford due to the higher labor plus GST costs they charge vs a FNG but the quality of work was excellent ( personally saw it)and I felt worth the money spent.
One thing I noticed when the new suspension parts arrived was the lack of anti rust treatment. The new tie rod ends and link rods were all exposed metal,rather than the original black colored parts that came in 2011. I guess it's cost cutting but they will develop rust soon( not going to be a issue,but will look ugly)
Attaching pics.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20171114_112356145.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20171114_112313744.jpg

My right side fender indicator light wasnt working, which was traced to a rate bite. The wiper assemble had to be removed to reach the wire harness and reconect the bulb wire(Dam you rats!). this resulted in almost 700/- in labor charge. brake pads were 2500/- inclusive of labor and coolant charge was about 1300/- inclusive of 5L coolant and labor.
All in all very well executed by the service center, no complaints but if my FNG was available, would have got a bill below 10k.

This is the pic of the bill. Total came to 12700/- inclusive of tax
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20171122_235924.jpg

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 23rd November 2017 at 00:29.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:21   #10667
BHPian

@rambo101: Thanks for the insightful post!

My Figo's (petrol) just completed 41k km. I've just recently started hearing creaking from my front suspension, which will most probably be sway bar bushing degradation. No rattles, so I don't think it's the steering or the link bar bushes.

If it ends up being those, I will revert with my repairs, just so that we are both on the same boat.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:33   #10668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Finally went with the Yoko Earth 1 after much contemplation. Must admit they feel good, initial impressions. Went ahead after reading positive reviews on anther thread on Team-BHP. However was quite disappointed with the XM2.Got to know that lot people had similar issues with the XM2s. Although this is not part of this thread would like to highlight that this is not expected of such a premium brand. Now I feel that the Michelin’s are overrated.
I got my OE tyres, Goodyear, changed to Firestone. Been running them for over 3000km and no problems at all! We run Fireston back home quite a lot and have had no problems at all.

Quite smooth and no unusual car behaviour on Chennai roads. Something for other owners to consider maybe for their next purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I assume you have got the part from last pic changed. I think it is Tie rod end? If yes, can you post a bill copy asap? Have an appointment at Ford tomorrow and the estimate they gave mentions 'end spindle connecting rod'
The end spindle connecting rods refer to the steering tie rod ends, while the link rods are the sway bar link rods. Could you share the bill copy?

Seems like something that I'm going to have to change soon too
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:22   #10669
BHPian

Finally went with the much needed headlight upgrades for my old girl. At 71k on the ODO, felt like I should have done this a long time back. A new lease of life both aesthetic and functional.

Some photos

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-2.jpeg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-3.jpeg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4.jpeg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-5.jpeg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-6.jpeg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-7.jpeg

And the throw / beam pattern

Low Beam

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-8.jpg

High Beam

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-9.jpg

Unlit highway

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-10.jpeg
mi2n is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:57   #10670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Finally went with the much needed headlight upgrades for my old girl. At 71k on the ODO, felt like I should have done this a long time back. A new lease of life both aesthetic and functional.
These look great. Can you share more tech details and where you got this done from?
Old 24th November 2017, 11:31   #10671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
These look great. Can you share more tech details and where you got this done from?
This has been done from a reputed local installer, DVJ Autotech. The items are re-branded under his in house FE-RETROFIT brand. But from what I could gather, the main components are :

1. Koito Q5 3.5 inch square projectors
2. Luxpro 4300/4700k bulbs
3. Most probably a modified NHK ballast and canbus (not sure)
4. Switchback square halo rings
5. 2 yrs warranty on the setup

The projector shroud and the stock reflectors have been painted black.
Old 4th December 2017, 10:11   #10672
BHPian

Could anyone please suggest a good reliable accessories shop in Pune? I want to replace the front pair of speakers with a decent co-axial ones.

I had a bad experience of a neighborhood accessories shop who suggested a 6x6 Pioneer pair (model TS-G625) and just fitted them as is on the stock 5x7 speaker holes (without any spacer-rings/padding to cover the size offset or cutting the plastic shroud). They sound utter crap; they do not give good response for any frequency. Heck they just don't emit enough sound of any frequency (all I keep hearing is the rear door speakers when all four speakers are balanced). I'm not sure if they are unsuitable speakers for the HU or just badly set up. I plan to return these and go for someone who actually knows stuff.

TIA.
Old 5th December 2017, 20:46   #10673

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Hey mate,
Those look strikingly beautiful on your lady.
I was just wondering if we could get into the wrong side of the rule-book here, with respect to the MVD, if we have these modifications done. I had heard sometime back, from my friend, that once he was fined for fitting a DRL into a headlamp assembly. Your thoughts and experience till now? Its for me to contemplate on doing something like this to my red baby too.
Cheers.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:28   #10674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Hey mate,
Those look strikingly beautiful on your lady.
I was just wondering if we could get into the wrong side of the rule-book here, with respect to the MVD, if we have these modifications done. I had heard sometime back, from my friend, that once he was fined for fitting a DRL into a headlamp assembly. Your thoughts and experience till now? Its for me to contemplate on doing something like this to my red baby too.
Cheers.
Thanks!
Well, I'm not too sure about what the rule book prescribes but now a days most cars come with DRLs and projectors factory fitted on the top variants. Also, I do not have DRLs installed. The Halo rings are marked to parking lamps and indicators. Till date have had no issues with the cops.

Last edited by mi2n : 6th December 2017 at 12:44.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 12:52   #10675

AC is not working

I was going through earlier threads and saw quiet few of fellow team-bhpians had this issue with their cars.
So its very same here as well in below order.
  • Started hearing hissing sound about a month back.
  • AC started giving less cool air during my drive from Pune to Chennai
  • By the time we reached Chennai, only blower was working, no chillness.

Took car to service center and they told coil has failed and gas leaked completely. It will cost around 13k to replace the new coil and fill the gas + labour charges.

Service Center : Eureka ford service

Is the pricing is right ? Car is 7 years old so is it okay to take second opinion from local mechanic. Kindly help.
Old 15th December 2017, 13:20   #10676
Senior - BHPian

It should be cheaper and faster to take it to your local car AC mechanic for a simple job like this.
Old 16th December 2017, 13:50   #10677
BHPian

Hello fellow Figo owners! I was hoping that the brotherhood can help me with something.

My stabiliser bushes need replacement (I'm 90% sure its them). I have been having lots of creaking and groaning noises from my front suspension for a few weeks now. As of last week, there is also a fair bit of clanking when the wheels go into potholes/over bumps.

I've heard the creaks/groans last year too; the mechanics at Eureka Ford, here in Chennai did some adjustments with a crowbar and that temporarily halted the noise.

When I went back to them last week, the S.A. was keen on upselling his services to me. After a test drive, he agreed that it sounded like the stabiliser bush problem but his 'advice' to me was to dismantle the ENTIRE front suspension on both sides and both front BRAKE parts. Because my vehicle had done 42000km, he suggested its best that I change everything and the car would drive like new.

After getting back to the service center, I gladly shook his hand and walked away from at least a Rs. 30,000 service bill.

If there is anyone in this group who has had their stabiliser bushes changed, please let me know. Because its a Ford, I'm sure its extremely complicated or a pain to do

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st December 2017, 12:55   #10678
BHPian

From past 2-3 months, I'm observing the idling of my TDCi varies occasionally. The needle is below 1K and slightly goes up and down and even I feel the engine rpm is going up and down and some time I fear the engine may stop (never happened).

During my last service at Metro Ford, Blore in Nov'17, the same was told to S.A and during service, he called me and said that the instrument cluster is at fault and need replacement which would be Rs.10K + for which I said it is not required.

But now occasionally, the RPM varies (not just at instrument cluster, but also feel from the engine) Can anyone of you faced same issues and can you please let me know the reason ? Is there any clog in the injectors ? Please help
Old 21st December 2017, 14:32   #10679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
But now occasionally, the RPM varies (not just at instrument cluster, but also feel from the engine) Can anyone of you faced same issues and can you please let me know the reason ? Is there any clog in the injectors ? Please help
You can also confirm by putting the MID in diagnostic mode. There is post in this thread on how to do it. In diagnostic mode, you can see rpm number in digits. If it is not stable, you'd see it.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:16   #10680
kkg
BHPian

Hi all,

I am having trouble with Bluetooth pairing with phone in my Figo 2011. The system connects to the phone but no call can be made/received and no media can be played. Although both the phone and the car music system show that they are paired.

I have tried deleting and pairing many times, also did reset the sysytem by removing the -ve terminal of the battery. All this and the phone remains connected for the initial 10 seconds only.

Has anybody faced such a situation and can anyone tell me how to reset the OE music system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks