Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:39   #10606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My daughter's Figo was emanating foul smell last week at Bangalore, on the very day she was to visit Hyderabad in the evening. She had no option but to request her friend to have it checked at an FNG.

They found one live rat and two dead rats in the AC vents. This entailed removal of the dashboard and cleaning the vents, apart from fixing a mesh to prevent recurrence. Total damage was Rs 4500. I wonder why anti-rat mesh is not provided by Ford.
Old 23rd August 2017, 07:45   #10607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My daughter's Figo was emanating foul smell last week at Bangalore, on the very day she was to visit Hyderabad in the evening. She had no option but to request her friend to have it checked at an FNG.

They found one live rat and two dead rats in the AC vents. This entailed removal of the dashboard and cleaning the vents, apart from fixing a mesh to prevent recurrence. Total damage was Rs 4500. I wonder why anti-rat mesh is not provided by Ford.
Oh! I have been getting this foul smell when AC is running since couple of days too. Will have to check.
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:07   #10608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Oh! I have been getting this foul smell when AC is running since couple of days too. Will have to check.
Surprisingly she was getting the smell when the AC was off and just the blower on. Seems strange to me!
Old 26th August 2017, 11:53   #10609
BHPian

Lathangi Ford is replaced by JSP Ford. Heard only few old folks from Lathangi are retained. I got my 1,00,000 kms service done from JSP ford, BH road. Same top notch service continues.
Old 31st August 2017, 23:06   #10610
BHPian

Went to JSP Ford today to get my foot pedal rubbers replaced. After a 3 month search it ended at JSP. Was attended to promptly & the rubbers were replaced.
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:42   #10611
BHPian

Guys,

A leak has started in my Figo. Went below the car and checked it and took some pictures. Seems transmission oil is leaking from front left hand side transaxle. Any idea what part could be damaged and costs I might incur? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20170902_1148381.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20170902_1149341.jpg  

Old 6th September 2017, 06:07   #10612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys,

A leak has started in my Figo. Went below the car and checked it and took some pictures. Seems transmission oil is leaking from front left hand side transaxle. Any idea what part could be damaged and costs I might incur? Thanks!
Looks like the drive shaft oil seal is leaking. OE seal replacement should cost you roughly between 1500-2000rs. Your car might also need a top-up of transmission oil.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 02:38   #10613
BHPian

Got a mail from the Ford motor company regarding a week long monsoon service camp, being conducted from 04/09/17 to 10/09/17, in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry. Seemed that some good discounts were being offered.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_1.png

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_2.png

My three year old Figo TDCi - Titanium, had clocked almost 52,000 Kms, well past 50,000 Kms service-due mark. So decided to get it serviced during the camp, hoping to save a princely sum . Headed straight to M/S Lakshmi Ford, Tanjore for the service, yesterday.

The following were the works carried out on the car

1) 50K Km Service.
2) Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Drain plug gasket replacement
3) Battery Replacement
4) Suspension link rods replacement
5) Fog Lamp wiring checked for short circuit and insulated, Fog lamp fuse replacement.
6) Front wind shield Wiper blade assemblies replacement

The service center did a neat and timely job and met my expectation levels.

Below is the summary of the expenses incurred and the discounts offered

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-invoice_break_up.png

Well, Rs. 1319 was saved, definitely not paltry, if not princely.

The ball joints of the suspension link rods had worn out a long time back (Noted during 40K Km service itself) and were rattling badly. Were replaced for good to save some embarrassment from friends and relatives who used to think that the car is pretty old and is going to fall apart any time soon

This guy is pretty costly ! INR 2415 for a pair, to be precise.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-link_rod.jpg

The worn out ball joint
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ball_joint.jpg

And it was a good time to replace the failing battery too. Got INR 1000 discount for it. The battery is of Ford make. Amaron plan shelved for now.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-battery.jpg

The Vehicle Report Card. Fancy eh ? A good checklist though.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-new-doc-20170906.jpg

Overall very much satisfied with the service experiece. Total bill added up to INR 10,576. The CGST, SGST on parts and labour alone added up to INR 2049. Whoa !

N.B. Apart from regular services carried out at authorized service centers, the car had undergone the following major repair works/replacements in the past

1) Cylinder Head gasket replacement (Cause: coolant loss/Engine overheating)
2) ECU(or PCM as Ford calls it )replacement (Cause: Erratic behavior of ECU, Engine check light came on randomly and the car switched to limp mode every now and then)
3) A/C Evaporator core replacement (Cause: Failed evaporator core, Loss of cooling)
4) Upgraded to Yokohamas of spec. 185/65/R14 at 44K Kms from stock Apollos of spec. 175/65/R14.

At 52,000 Kms, she pretty much rides like a new car and I am falling in love all over again !
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:43   #10614
BHPian

Service update 90K km:

Given my Figo for Service at Wagholi Talera Ford(much better than all other SCs put together in Pune).

Stabilizer bar has been an issue since 30K, starts touching the underbody every 10K or so; finally replacing it. Doing a complete Clutch assembly replace including Cylinders; replacing the Front Disc + brake pads (have lots of markings); as well as the timer belt + pulleys

Quote is for 41 K; of which 8K is GST

To me, its the first major expense; the car has been phenomenal with the only recurring issue being the stabilizer bar scraping the body. Otherwise, the average svc charges have been at just 5-8K regularly. Currently in its 7th year, I think she deserves a bit of pampering
Paleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:14   #10615
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have a 2011 model Ford Figo Petrol and from the last two months, I am getting low mileage. I have tried calculating the mileage using the tank to tank method thrice and also by putting fuel worth 1k (almost 14lt).

I am always getting 11kmpl, whereas earlier I was getting 13-14kmpl, I believe. Both the figures are from 'in city' conditions.

I do not see any significant changes in my driving style, I am a sedate driver. Moreover, I am getting fuel from the same petrol pump. I tried using Abro injector cleaner and System G but none of them proved beneficial.

The car has run only 24000kms since Jan 2011 and the last service was done at 21000kms in May 2017. Actually, I am not very comfortable with Ford A.S.S due to bitter experiences in the past.

I am also interested in getting the ECU remapped or using a piggyback ECU but do not have any idea where can I get hold of someone in Delhi NCR.

Has anyone here installed a CNG kit on the Figo? Is it successful?
Old 11th September 2017, 13:26   #10616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Hi Folks,

I have a 2011 model Ford Figo Petrol and from the last two months, I am getting low mileage.
I am always getting 11kmpl, whereas earlier I was getting 13-14kmpl, I believe. Both the figures are from 'in city' conditions.

I do not see any significant changes in my driving style, I am a sedate driver.

I am also interested in getting the ECU remapped or using a piggyback ECU but do not have any idea where can I get hold of someone in Delhi NCR.
11 kmpl is not low for a old gen Figo petrol. I never got double digits figures in city on my petrol Figo.
Your driving habit may remain the same, the traffic and congestion has increased.
The most you can do is check the air filter and drive with an even lighter foot.

There is not much gain on re-mapping the ECU on this engine. From what I know it is hardly a 10 bhp increase claimed which by the time it is at wheel and being a car heavy car, you will not feel that happy about it.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 13:47   #10617
BHPian

Hi All, My Figo TDCi has clocked 75000kms. She is 5 yrs old now. While itch has started to upgrade, there is absolutely no reason to go for a new car. I am very much happy and emotionally connected to my car. So I am thinking to go for Pete's remap. Claimed power and torque figures are 92bhp and 200NM which are mouth watering! Discounted price is Rs 14250
I didn't find anyone on the forum who has Pete's remapped Figo.

Can anyone provide any feedback on the same?
Old 11th September 2017, 14:18   #10618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
11 kmpl is not low for a old gen Figo petrol. I never got double digits figures in city on my petrol Figo.
Your driving habit may remain the same, the traffic and congestion has increased.
The most you can do is check the air filter and drive with an even lighter foot.

There is not much gain on re-mapping the ECU on this engine. From what I know it is hardly a 10 bhp increase claimed which by the time it is at wheel and being a car heavy car, you will not feel that happy about it.
Actually, I use this car as my daily commuter to my office. And I do not see much traffic due to different working hours i.e. 6am to 3pm. Apart from that car is not used much.

Doesn't remapping ECU helps gain some FE? And since engine is not rev happy, I drive with a light foot anyhow though I will try to modulate that as well.

But I still have an itch to get some more performance out of this engine, be it by remapping, or ECU upgrade by Ford itself.
Old 11th September 2017, 19:53   #10619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Actually, I use this car as my daily commuter to my office. And I do not see much traffic due to different working hours i.e. 6am to 3pm. Apart from that car is not used much.

Doesn't remapping ECU helps gain some FE? And since engine is not rev happy, I drive with a light foot anyhow though I will try to modulate that as well.

But I still have an itch to get some more performance out of this engine, be it by remapping, or ECU upgrade by Ford itself.
Fuel economy normally increases on a diesel engine after re-mapping. On a NA petrol, it is a different story unless it is a big displacement engine in which the difference can be felt in terms of power.

The engine is not rev happy with the stock filter and air box. It's a little better with a open filter, but revs freely at the cost of efficiency. I had a stock size Cosworth air filter on my petrol Figo and it was any day better than the stock filter when it came to smooth revving. But my car had a free flow exhaust too.
Don't think of this as a fuel efficient car, Ford petrols were never that, rather enjoy the drive what the brilliant steering and chassis offers.
Old 11th September 2017, 20:06   #10620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Got a mail from the Ford motor company regarding a week long monsoon service camp, being conducted from 04/09/17 to 10/09/17, in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry. Seemed that some good discounts were being offered.

And it was a good time to replace the failing battery too. Got INR 1000 discount for it. The battery is of Ford make. Amaron plan shelved for now.

!
What is the warranty on the Ford battery? An Amaron Super Flo gets you a 2 plus 2 year warranty and costs around Rs 4500 in exchange for the old battery. And they don't charge for installation.

This apart, charging Rs 200 for wiper replacement as labor charges seems very high. I could do that job myself!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks