Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 12:21   #4126
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

A lot depends on the fuel too I presume. In our recent trip to Bangalore and back, our Figo returned 17 kmpl in the onward trip and about 19 kmpl in he return journey. Only notable difference was that the car was about 70 kgs lighter on the way back. Engine felt smoother in the return trip. Each of the 750 odd kilometer was done in approximately 10.5 hrs including 2 halts each for breakfast and lunch.
Old 12th April 2011, 12:29   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Nice fuel efficiency guys, but you could have got a lot more if you were travelling at constant legal speeds ie. 80 kmph and with a gentle foot, but then again, boys have to have fun.
Exactly! Even I got a FE of 17 on a drive to vellore last weekend, with constant speeds around 120 and 100% AC.
I usually get 17-18 on my frequent trips between Mysore-Bangalore.
Once I tried maintaining 80 (with lot of difficulty ), and the FE was 19.5.
From then on, I was happy that it can touch 20 under proper conditions, and never bothered trying it again
Old 12th April 2011, 13:31   #4128
BHPian

My petrol titanium is a year old now. On saturday i did a blr-mysore-blr and got 15kmpl. This was with almost 90% AC on.
Old 12th April 2011, 16:12   #4129
BHPian

I must say it does give a good FE! I took my new Figo (TDCI) to Udupi and I got a average of 19.8 per liter!! As the car had done only 580 kms I maintained an average speed of 90kms. At present the engine is little noisy and it filters into the passenger area too. I hope after the first service the noise level might go down a bit.

General quality of the suspension is OK but even the small ruts and cuts on the road can be felt inside as a thud or a shudder! It does not give confidence to push the car hard! As discussed earlier in this thread the stock wheels are not confidence inspiring stuff. My car came with Apollo tubeless tires and I am want to change them for sure.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:15   #4130
Senior - BHPian

At last i feel happy to hear similar figures to mine. I had almost lost hope in my car hearing those claims of 19 in city and 24 on highways. 16 average is kind of realistic. With the summer kicking in at full strength i have again started getting figures around 13/14. I guess Feb to april is bad for FE lovers.

OT: My friend was so impressed with the Fiesta Classic since the dealer claimed it would give him around 25km/l FE!!! Some things NEVER CHANGE!!
Old 12th April 2011, 18:40   #4131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
At last i feel happy to hear similar figures to mine. I had almost lost hope in my car hearing those claims of 19 in city and 24 on highways. 16 average is kind of realistic. With the summer kicking in at full strength i have again started getting figures around 13/14. I guess Feb to april is bad for FE lovers.

OT: My friend was so impressed with the Fiesta Classic since the dealer claimed it would give him around 25km/l FE!!! Some things NEVER CHANGE!!
I think the dealer is not actually guilty here, Ford itself claims 30 kmpl for the classic. No wonder if some dealers even claim figures exceeding that.

I don't know if it is a bug or not, but my fuel level indicator needle gets stuck somewhere 5-6 mm below the F mark for sometime (for around 150 odd kilometers) and then start behaving normally again. The DTE also behaves in accordance with this. There will be very little drop in DTE for the kms covered during this time. If I travel for 15 kms, the DTE might drop by 1 or max 2.
But after this period, everything works fine and normal.
It's a good feeling in one way too, when the car returns infinite mileage
Old 12th April 2011, 21:22   #4132
BHPian

Never thought this would be my first post in Team-BHP. I was actually in the process of composing an initial ownership report as my first post but then this happened.

I bought a Ford Figo Petrol in the last week of March and was happily zipping around in it. But yesterday, a Sumo hit my car on the Right front Fender.

There are a lot of scratches around the area. Have uploaded the pics as well below.
I am going to take it to either Lathangi or Cauvery Ford in Bangalore - I bought it from Cauvery but its too far from my office. The Service guys said they need to see the damage before thay can assess the total cost and if any interior parts also have any issues.

What I urgently need some info on is whether i can claim insurance for the damages(if they are major after the Service Person does his check) as i have not yet received the RC Book? The RC Book is supposed to arrive by post and it hasn't yet. I have also got the Cover Note of the insurance from Royal Sundaram.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-12042011174.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-12042011175.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-12042011176.jpg
Old 12th April 2011, 21:29   #4133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Never thought this would be my first post in Team-BHP. I was actually in the process of composing an initial ownership report as my first post but then this happened.

I bought a Ford Figo Petrol in the last week of March and was happily zipping around in it. But yesterday, a Sumo hit my car on the Right front Fender.
There does not seem to be any dent/breakage on the bumper, there are only scaratches, just get the bumper fitted and aligned and learn to live with the scratches as in a city like banaglore, such things are pretty common.

To fix the scratches, one needs to repaint the bumper which will cost you as paint is expensive.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:40   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
boys have to have fun.
so true mustang.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:42   #4135
Senior - BHPian

achilles, Welcome to Team-Bhp

Any Damage to the headlight assembly?
After the accident does the steering pull to the left or right ?
As my friend mustang has mentioned there doesn't seem to be any visible damage anywhere.
If its just the light scratches then a touch job and some rubbing compound should be enough.
Ford A.S.S charges a lot for painting the bumper. You are looking at Rs 3,000 + just the painting charges.
No point claiming Insurance for such a small job.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:44   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
There does not seem to be any dent/breakage on the bumper, there are only scaratches, just get the bumper fitted and aligned and learn to live with the scratches as in a city like banaglore, such things are pretty common.

To fix the scratches, one needs to repaint the bumper which will cost you as paint is expensive.
Thanks Mustang for the reply.

But will replacing the bumper cost less? The Service Person also said that the bumpers are a little delicate an he needs to check the headlamp casing as it may have undergone some impact. In that case should i go for insurance and i come back to my previous query - Can i claim it without the RC Book?
Old 12th April 2011, 21:46   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I don't know if it is a bug or not, but my fuel level indicator needle gets stuck somewhere 5-6 mm below the F mark for sometime (for around 150 odd kilometers) and then start behaving normally again. The DTE also behaves in accordance with this. There will be very little drop in DTE for the kms covered during this time. If I travel for 15 kms, the DTE might drop by 1 or max 2.
But after this period, everything works fine and normal.
It's a good feeling in one way too, when the car returns infinite mileage
Absolutely correct jayded. This might be because some of us (including me) tend to fill in the fuel to the brim, rather than stopping when the fuel filler stops for the first time.

It's really a great feeling to see the fuel needle stuck at one place when we are moving around.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:48   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
achilles, Welcome to Team-Bhp

Any Damage to the headlight assembly?
After the accident does the steering pull to the left or right ?
As my friend mustang has mentioned there doesn't seem to be any visible damage anywhere.
If its just the light scratches then a touch job and some rubbing compound should be enough.
Ford A.S.S charges a lot for painting the bumper. You are looking at Rs 3,000 + just the painting charges.
No point claiming Insurance for such a small job.
There's nothing visible from outside and the Service guy wanted to check the headlamp assembly before giving me an estimate. As per him the Figo's bumpers are a little delicate.
Old 12th April 2011, 22:34   #4139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Thanks Mustang for the reply.

But will replacing the bumper cost less? The Service Person also said that the bumpers are a little delicate an he needs to check the headlamp casing as it may have undergone some impact. In that case should i go for insurance and i come back to my previous query - Can i claim it without the RC Book?
Replacing the bumper will cost more.
You will have to pay for the new bumper + painting charges hence costing more. New bumpers come unpainted from the factory.

Anyhow get the car checked and get an estimate from the A.S.S. Its up to you if you want to repair it or can live with a small touch up job if nothing serious is damaged.
I'd recommend a apint touch up or take it to s smaller work shop and ask him to paint/fix only that part. Should be a sub Rs 1,000 job.
Old 13th April 2011, 02:12   #4140
BHPian

Note from Support. Posts merged. Kindly go through the Announcements section before posting further. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

I got myself the Ford Figo TDCI ZXi on Feb 7th 2011 from Pune and have already clocked 1500 kms. Have done 2 trips Mumbai - Pune - Mumbai and 1 trip Mumbai - Pune - Saswad - Pune - Mumbai.

Along this circuit the car gave me a constant 21 kmpl with 98% AC at second notch cooling. Maintaining constant speeds between 80 - 120 without many variations. While in the city with 50% AC it gives me 16-18 kmpl. I spoke to Ford India and they said that after the first servicing it should give more.

Ford Figo is a super saver for me especially with Petrol prices going up to 63 bucks to a litre, Diesel is working out cheaper for me. No wonder they call it the Most Awarded Car of the year 2011

I got a question -- the owner's manual for the Ford Figo TDCI says that we must take the car REVs to 3500 atleast once a week. Any idea why that should be ?

About 8 years ago I used to used to drive a Tata Sierra and a Fiat Uno never came across this instruction from the manufacturer.

I got another problem that has been worrying me for sometime now. The car came with factory fitted Kenwood Music system by Ford and has a Blue Tooth connectivity. I got two problems here.

1. I am unable to stream music from my Nokia N72, after connecting and synchronising it successfully with the music system when I try to swith to AUX it does not give me an option to select the phone to play music. However, my wife has an E63 Nokia and dad has an older Nokia 3500 Classic both these are able to stream mp3 music over Bluetooth.

2. This problem is weird, my Nokia N72 and Nokia N70 both lose Bluetooth connectivity from time to time and have to be reconnected manually. I tried to replicate this on any music system in my other car which has a Panasonic system and it works perfectly fine here.

Any Team BHPian facing similar issues ??

Some pics taken recently of my Ford Figo TDCI
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010147.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010113.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010115.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010112.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks