Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2011, 22:30   #4171
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Ford provides only 1 remote key with the Figo..the other is an ordinary key. So there is no way for me to test it to isolate the problem.
This is one aspect i never understood. I was equally surprised when i was given only one remote key! Anyone has explored for possibilities of getting a duplicate remote key for the figo? My key is starting to fail to open during the first try and the distance of oprating the key is also reducing.

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th April 2011 at 22:31. Reason: formating
Old 16th April 2011, 23:04   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can get another key programmed, but it will cost you 5K. Had one done for fusion about a year back.
Old 17th April 2011, 18:17   #4173
BHPian

5k for a key? That is a bit steep? Do all car manufacturers charge this much. Seems to go against the whole mantra of cheap spares and VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Yes you can get another key programmed, but it will cost you 5K. Had one done for fusion about a year back.
Old 17th April 2011, 18:21   #4174
BANNED

Quote:
5k for a key? That is a bit steep? Do all car manufacturers charge this much. Seems to go against the whole mantra of cheap spares and VFM.
Yes it is actually costly because a new key needs to be reprogrammed with the ECU, because simply a new remote key won't start the engine due to presence of the immobilizer, hence programming circuitry is added and programming is done. It is a small price to pay to prevent your vehicle from being stolen.

In fact ford charges lesser than most manufacturers for this, Check prices with other manufacturers and you will know.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:50   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
While taking Delivery of my Figo from the dealer - Cauvery Ford i had asked the Sales Person about the duplicate Key for Figo. He had mentioned that it would cost Rs 2500 and the car owner himself needs to order and get it from the dealer.

Need to check the cost once again though.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:05   #4176
BHPian

Thanks Mustang for elaborating on that...helps to understand the rationale and explains the initial cost.

Just few more questions to Mustag/Other experts to satisfy my curiosty -

- I don't understand why new circuitary is needed everytime a new key is added. The key just needs to be synced to the existing circutary right?

- I am guessing: If I lose my key then I will have to replace the circuitary and get a new key and will cost a bit? Unless ofcourse the existing circuitary can be reprogrammed.

- How does the non-remote key work in terms of interacting with the immobilizer? Is it also expensive to get a non-remote key made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes it is actually costly because a new key needs to be reprogrammed with the ECU, because simply a new remote key won't start the engine due to presence of the immobilizer, hence programming circuitry is added and programming is done. It is a small price to pay to prevent your vehicle from being stolen.

In fact ford charges lesser than most manufacturers for this, Check prices with other manufacturers and you will know.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:09   #4177
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Mustang for elaborating on that...helps to understand the rationale and explains the initial cost.

Just few more questions to Mustag/Other experts to satisfy my curiosty -

- I don't understand why new circuitary is needed everytime a new key is added. The key just needs to be synced to the existing circutary right?

I was referring to the cost incurred when one loses his remote key. The existing key can be reprogrammed but then it has to be sent to Ford India. The cost mentioned ie. 5K is for 2 sets of keys programmed, one is remote, other is normal.

- I am guessing: If I lose my key then I will have to replace the circuitary and get a new key and will cost a bit? Unless ofcourse the existing circuitary can be reprogrammed.

If you lose the remote key then you do need new circuitry, right?

- How does the non-remote key work in terms of interacting with the immobilizer? Is it also expensive to get a non-remote key made?

Non remote key also has a microchip in it for the ECU interaction, Remote key circuitry is however not provided.

Your questions have been answered in Bold.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th April 2011 at 13:10.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:52   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The existing key can be reprogrammed but then it has to be sent to Ford India. .
I think the IDS system that the A.S.S have can reprogram the key. But it will need some code to be received from ford india, which can be done through their website.
They had tried it with my key when I was facing the problem with the immobilizer.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:39   #4179
BHPian

Re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post

Coming to the part where one of our fellow BHPians have said that there is no arrangement for a seat belt warning, my Figo has this lamp in the instrument panel that glows when ignition is switched ON. Soon after the engine is started it just switches OFF. This lamp clearly shows a passenger sitting in a chair and the diagonal line across his chest -- I have also uploaded this in a photo.
Seat belt Lamp will come ON only if your seatbelt restrainer is not working properly and is not a seatbelt reminder lamp. For example,while wearing the seatbelt, pull the seatbelt forward hard and fast, you will notice that the seat belt will not come out fully but gets locked. If that locking mechanism doesn't work then the lamp will come ON and stay ON.

Sequential lighting up of lamps during turning ON is check up process. No need to worry about it

Last edited by scorpio07 : 18th April 2011 at 15:40. Reason: spelling
Old 20th April 2011, 09:10   #4180
BHPian

Hi,

Just got the front fogs installed. The switch was changed to suit the new functionality. Now on the dash I get two indications, one is in green and other is in yellow. I just wanted to know that on one pull of the switch the front fogs switch on and the green light on the dash glows. Then why is there another option to pull the switch for the second time coz nothing happens when I do it. The only thing that happens is that the yellow light glows in the dash indicating something which I am unaware of.

What I feel is that the second pull of the switch (which makes a yellow light glow in the dash) might activate the rear fog lights if they are installed. There is even a place to install to bulbs in the tail lamp panel. Don't know if I am right in this case.

Experts, kindly throw some light on this issue.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:22   #4181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
What I feel is that the second pull of the switch (which makes a yellow light glow in the dash) might activate the rear fog lights if they are installed. There is even a place to install to bulbs in the tail lamp panel. Don't know if I am right in this case.

Experts, kindly throw some light on this issue.
That is correct. The second pull is for the rear fog lamps which are not installed even as an accessory. There is no wiring going to those empty slots in the tail lamp.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:47   #4182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That is correct. The second pull is for the rear fog lamps which are not installed even as an accessory. There is no wiring going to those empty slots in the tail lamp.
Is there some specific reason why the rear fog option is not provided? If it were to control the cost then how much would it be? It makes sense to have the rear fog specially in rainy conditions when one is backingup.
Old 20th April 2011, 13:45   #4183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Is there some specific reason why the rear fog option is not provided? If it were to control the cost then how much would it be? It makes sense to have the rear fog specially in rainy conditions when one is backingup.
I can't think of any other reason apart from cost. If you look at the lamp there is no holder and no wiring coming into the unit for the fog lamp.

I'm still seeing what can be done.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:32   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
There is even a place to install to bulbs in the tail lamp panel.
Where exactly is this place in the tail lamp? I just checked and was not able to locate this.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:35   #4185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Where exactly is this place in the tail lamp? I just checked and was not able to locate this.
There are 3 slots in each tail lamp for a red light. One is used for the brake light and the other 2 are empty slots. The bottom most one is the rear fog lamp. In total each tail lamp has provision for 5 bulbs one reverse, one indicator, one rear fog, one brake light and one rear parking lamp. Out of these the rear parking and rear fog are blank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks