Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 17:25   #4096
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Thanks. I hope I can do it when the 1.6 is available.

Do Titanium owners have problems with the horn being hard to press? Does it get better over time? Or is there a work around to it? Thanks!
Yes, The horn is pretty hard in the titanium. It doesnt get any better over time, just that we get used to it
I usually press it at the tip of the steerting, its a bit easier.
Old 6th April 2011, 19:28   #4097
BANNED

Quote:
Do Titanium owners have problems with the horn being hard to press? Does it get better over time? Or is there a work around to it? Thanks!
Horn is hard to press in the titanium because of the airbag that lies underneath it. It won't get noticeably better with time.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:15   #4098

Got my Figo TDCi last Friday! I have already done 400 kms in 5 days. Really excited and satisfied with the car. In the beginning I was really apprehensive as I was wondering if getting a diesel car was a good option as my office is not very far from my home and I though I would not get enough miles (2500 km per month or whatever according to some experts). But I am really glad I took the diesel coz I am moving around in a very comfortable set of wheels without the fear of petrol prices.

Hats off to Ford for getting the price right!
Old 7th April 2011, 11:30   #4099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Horn is hard to press in the titanium because of the airbag that lies underneath it. It won't get noticeably better with time.
I never had any problems with hard horn per se. Indeed when I have to honk while turning the wheel I just press the horn with elbow and beeeeeeeeeeeeeep I get!!!
Old 7th April 2011, 11:33   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilcherian View Post
Got my Figo TDCi last Friday! I have already done 400 kms in 5 days. Really excited and satisfied with the car. In the beginning I was really apprehensive as I was wondering if getting a diesel car was a good option as my office is not very far from my home and I though I would not get enough miles (2500 km per month or whatever according to some experts). But I am really glad I took the diesel coz I am moving around in a very comfortable set of wheels without the fear of petrol prices.

Congratulation on the buy.
Dont worry abt the miles, the fact that you got a diesel will push you to do far more miles than you actually would have thought!
I never thought I'd cross 15k kms in less than 6 months
Old 7th April 2011, 11:49   #4101
BHPian

I guess you might feel the difference if you tried the horn on a non-Titanium Figo and tried it on yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I never had any problems with hard horn per se. Indeed when I have to honk while turning the wheel I just press the horn with elbow and beeeeeeeeeeeeeep I get!!!
Old 7th April 2011, 12:09   #4102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you might feel the difference if you tried the horn on a non-Titanium Figo and tried it on yours...
There is indeed a difference, but my intent was to tell that there are no problems in isolation, while in comparision there may be a few!
Old 7th April 2011, 13:57   #4103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilcherian View Post

Congratulations!
With the price difference over Rs 21/- per litre, I don't think you should consider the thumb rule of 2.5k per month. I am doing around 1200 per month since lI got Figo 9 months back and really enjoying!!
Old 7th April 2011, 20:47   #4104

hi,

has anyone changed the stock headlight bulbs to Ford's offering of "White Streak" or any other like Extreme Vision (same wattage)

If yes, would you be able to tell me the results? are they better?

I am seriously considering to change bulbs coz I travel a stretch on the highway everyday and its a nightmare to drive after dark.

Also, is there a thread where this is being discussed? would you point me there?

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th April 2011, 21:17   #4105
BANNED

^ I think you should contact member gemithomas regarding this. I think that he did get his car's bulbs changed.
Old 7th April 2011, 21:52   #4106

sent him a message on FB, lets see his reply.

Wonder why Ford is so indifferent to a major problem like this.
Old 7th April 2011, 23:33   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhumKetu View Post
sent him a message on FB, lets see his reply.

Wonder why Ford is so indifferent to a major problem like this.
You can check his thread for all the info.
Here's the link to the page where he has mentioned about the headlight upgrade

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...000-km-56.html
Old 8th April 2011, 00:16   #4108
BHPian

Regarding the horn, press at the edges, where the symbol is marked, and not in the center.
Old 8th April 2011, 17:24   #4109
BHPian

Thanks. I noticed that as well...pressing on the side helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Regarding the horn, press at the edges, where the symbol is marked, and not in the center.
Old 9th April 2011, 17:33   #4110
BHPian

hey all, i had earlier mentioned about a noise from the car, jayded suggested it could be due to a loose brake caliper. I went to the service centre on 2nd April, unfortunately that was the india vs SL and they had shortage of staff, so booked an appointment for 9th April.
Noise is like a metal to metal noise sort of distinct 'dunk' sound, i went to the service center and took a longer route since the noise tends to get audible after 5-6kms. I went to the Alwarpet service centre in Chennai, Sam was the person who drove the car and he said that it was the first time he is hearing it. He was not sure whether it was from the suspension or along the drive shaft. I was told to leave the car and if they were unable to resolve it, would have to take it to other workshop in OMR or Vadapalani.
They called me after a few hours saying that its been resolved.

I was informed that the stabiliser bar on the suspension had become weak and had to be replaced ( under warranty ). normally this would have cost about 968 rs. I had to pay for strap wiring tie 24 rs. Now there is no noise so far, will check it when i go to office and would have a better idea if the noise indeed has gone.

My question to fellow Figo owners , has anyone experienced this?

@mustang: This is the third part to be replaced under warranty. first was braking pad, then timing cable and now the stabiliser bar. Any idea why these parts would wear out so soon? its been a year and a day since i got hold of my car. Driven about 12500kms so far, and mainly within cities through proper roads and not on bumpy onesnor bad roads.
When i asked what could have been the reason, they didn't have a proper answer for all the replacements. I sincerely hope this is one off case and will be the last of replacements for worn out parts for me

On another note, i have seen a number of figo's with Apollo Acceler tyres on newer cars. Didn't they stop using Apollo tyres earlier due to some fault? i earlier had those but due to the pulling of the car it was replaced early on.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 9th April 2011 at 17:36. Reason: spelling mistakes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks