Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 21:17   #8641
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanks ramzsys, I'll try to get the old one repaired.
BTW the rear parcel tray of Maruthi Alto was Rs. 1500/-
Old 16th October 2013, 07:02   #8642
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who has replaced the tail lamp cluster knows how much they cost and if it is available as single or a set?
My car is going through a bad time. First the wheel bearing, now one side tail lamp has a hole in it thanks a ignorant fool on a two wheeler .
Also thinking of using this as an excuse and check if the new tail lamp cluster can be installed on the old Figo. The wiring needs to be swapped which I am sure the Service Center will make a scene of.

Regards
Old 16th October 2013, 10:11   #8643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Anyone who has replaced the tail lamp cluster knows how much they cost and if it is available as single or a set?
My car is going through a bad time. First the wheel bearing, now one side tail lamp has a hole in it thanks a ignorant fool on a two wheeler .
Also thinking of using this as an excuse and check if the new tail lamp cluster can be installed on the old Figo. The wiring needs to be swapped which I am sure the Service Center will make a scene of.

Regards

I don't know about the current prices, But 2-3 years back When some moron biker broke my tail lamp assembly I had replaced it with a new one from the A.S.S for > 1,000 and 100 as fitting charges.
They sell them individually.
Why would you want to replace the both the tail lamps when only 1 is broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
34 psi is just perfect for the Figo. I have managed not to bottom out even on the most unscientific speed breaker after the bump up in the tyre pressure.
Any Punctures maintaining at this PSI?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 16th October 2013 at 10:13.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 10:16   #8644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
They sell them individually.
Why would you want to replace the both the tail lamps when only 1 is broken?
I wasn't sure if Ford sold them as a single unit since most of their parts are sold in pairs or sets , like the mudflaps.
In this case I can go for the single piece and forget the new type tail lamp design.
Old 16th October 2013, 10:38   #8645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I wasn't sure if Ford sold them as a single unit since most of their parts are sold in pairs or sets , like the mudflaps.
In this case I can go for the single piece and forget the new type tail lamp design.
No, ford or any other car manufacturing company for that matter, do sell headlights and tail lamps in single units.
Old 16th October 2013, 10:47   #8646
Senior - BHPian

Tail lamps, Left & Right are available separately.
Mud flaps is an accessory not a BOM part.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 11:07   #8647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
We are maintaining 34 psi. (a stiff setup is an add-on for the already renowned handler) Mostly solo drive and using for 95% inside City. No more belly scrape.

Cheers!

Vinu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
34 psi is just perfect for the Figo. I have managed not to bottom out even on the most unscientific speed breaker after the bump up in the tyre pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Stiffness is there. But I like that much stiffness for cornering and braking. By the way we are riding inside city which have more or less well carpeted roads.

And less rolling resistance means less fuel burned/km.

Cheers!
For a city like Bangalore with less than carpet smooth roads, 34psi is rather on the higher side in terms of stiffness. Ride does get bone jarring at times at lower speeds. I usually keep 32 but tempted to reduce to 30 at cost of fuel efficiency. Another factor in play is the apollo acceleres on my car. They are definitely on the harder side. Upgrade to Michelins or any other softer rubber would certainly mitigate the stiffness.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:50   #8648
Senior - BHPian

@sameerg001, @kpzen: Ford fusion headlamps cannot be bought individually. I learnt this when the housing of the right headlamp had cracked and I had to replace both as they are provided only as a set. Maybe things are different with the Figo.
Old 17th October 2013, 00:05   #8649
BHPian

Booked a petrol zxi today! Yipee.
Primary concern was the low-slung nature for my folks. But all is well, as they tried it out and found it alright.
My heart was always set on the diesel, as I got a chance to drive one quite a bit in the recent past and loved it.
The petrol does not really set pulses racing, taking its own sweet time to get moving! But this car will be used occasionally + within city (no scope for speeding in Pune traffic anyway).
The overall package is brilliant - Compact yet spacious/solid build/balanced ride/decent features.
Will be inspecting the immediately available car in a day or two at the dealer's yard. Anything I should particularly look out for apart from the VIN and regular inspection?
Fingers crossed.
Cheers!
Old 17th October 2013, 07:43   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerband_rider View Post
Booked a petrol zxi today!...Anything I should particularly look out for apart from the VIN and regular inspection?
Fingers crossed.
Cheers!
Congrats on your new ride :-). Figo's dynamics is brilliant!!. Regarding PDI, go through this link, http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list. It covers everything :-).
Old 17th October 2013, 09:10   #8651
BHPian

Quote:
I went to Ford yesterday with my Boss's Figo for a wheel cap. 800 Rupees for a 2010 Wheel cover. They sell single not sure on the rates but.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:45   #8652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Congrats on your new ride :-). Figo's dynamics is brilliant!!. Regarding PDI, go through this link, http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list. It covers everything :-).
Thanks mate! The PDI checklist is such a help. Jai Ho Tbhp
Will be visiting the stock yard tomorrow. Its 35-40 Kms away from my place! Will be a road-trip in itself.
Old 18th October 2013, 09:46   #8653
BHPian

This is the second time the fuse is blown which powers the clock/display on the system when the car is started.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Old 18th October 2013, 13:32   #8654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
This is the second time the fuse is blown which powers the clock/display on the system when the car is started.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Not in the last one year of ownership. Yes, my car completed a year today, and has clicked 13200 kms so far.

The only issue I had was of a rear wheel bearing, that was replaced under warranty.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:32   #8655
Senior - BHPian

So, the engine check light flashed again and this time, it didn't went away easily. Earlier the issue used to happen every 500-600 kms and after 3000 kms, it never came. I thought could have been due to the rain, But as soon as i crossed 6000 mark on odo, day before yesterday.

It again came and this time even after restarting the car, It used to come again in 1-2 kms and when the light flashes, the car won't rev over 2.8k . So, finally after getting irritated, took it to service center early morning today, left the car at 11 and they diagnosed it as issue with one sensor associated with accelerator pedal, They said they'll replace it in 2-3 days, as they didn't had it in stock.

I took the car back at 3 PM drove around for 8-10 kms, The light came once but didn't showed up again. Now, waiting for the ordered part to be changed. Otherwise, car is working beautifully, the average consumption so far is 15.6, majority of delhi peak hour driving, with full AC. I am quite happy with the car and thanks to soild built, no rattles so far

I'll update once again, the said part is replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks