Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 07:55   #9961
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Came across a Ford display at a mall in Kochi. A Figo, in Smoke Grey color looked superb in those Smoky Stealth Alloy wheels, which is standard on Titanium (O) variant.
Appeared as body colored wheels on the grey car; perhaps, could evolve as a new concept.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th April 2015 at 08:12.
Old 17th April 2015, 12:12   #9962
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Present model Figo and Fiesta Classic will be discontinued this year. Next generation Figo and Figo aspire will be launched in their places.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46954888.cms
Old 17th April 2015, 15:29   #9963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Came across a Ford display at a mall in Kochi. A Figo, in Smoke Grey color looked superb in those Smoky Stealth Alloy wheels, which is standard on Titanium (O) variant.
Appeared as body colored wheels on the grey car; perhaps, could evolve as a new concept.
Yes, I think all the current titanium Figos are coming with grey/gun metal finish allows. When I recently sent car for service which is in the stockyard, all the new Figos had same alloys.
Old 17th April 2015, 16:39   #9964
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yup. I particularly like the Mars Red Figo with the smoked alloys. Looks really nice. Wish these options were available in 2013
Old 20th April 2015, 16:01   #9965
BHPian

After updating my Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android Lollypop, I have been finding issues with bluetooth connectivity in my Figo.
  1. I am unable to hear ringing for incoming calls on the music system speaker
  2. Same for outgoing calls, unless I switch the mode to Bluetooth audio
  3. I have to manually switch back to radio or CD mode after the call is completed, otherwise the system remains on BT audio mode

Has anyone else faced/facing this similar issue?
Old 20th April 2015, 20:03   #9966
BHPian

Guys, are there any advantages on using Hella Dynaedge wipers when compared with Bosch wipers? Is 22'' and 16"" the correct size for Figo?
Old 21st April 2015, 01:23   #9967
BHPian

Hello Peeps ! I have recently booked a Ford Figo Zxi - Diesel after getting emense information from you all. The knowledge gaining is just Awesome ! Just want to understand things which i need to remember while getting the car delivered. The other question is about Rear Power Windows, is it possible to have controls in front for the after market ones or is it possible to have all power windows directly from Ford? Has anyone ever checked about it or have gotten them installed?
Old 21st April 2015, 11:28   #9968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Hello Peeps ! I have recently booked a Ford Figo Zxi - Diesel after getting emense information from you all. The knowledge gaining is just Awesome ! Just want to understand things which i need to remember while getting the car delivered. The other question is about Rear Power Windows, is it possible to have controls in front for the after market ones or is it possible to have all power windows directly from Ford? Has anyone ever checked about it or have gotten them installed?
Dear Dev-gun
Congrats on your booking.
However, hope you are aware that the Figo is being replaced with the Aspire(Hatch).

The new car will have decidedly better interiors and a Aston Martin inspired exterior.
Additionally, it will have a factory fit rear power windows.
If you are not in a hurry, suggest you wait till the launch and get everything factory finish and additionally get a car which will have a better depreciation shield!!
Old 21st April 2015, 14:10   #9969
BHPian

Dear Arnabchak,

I have seen a lot about the new version of Ford Figo which is due for launch by July 2015. I didn't like the look of the Uplifted Figo, its like a combo of Fiat Palio and i20. Moreover, i got some fantastic discounts and offers for the Present Verion.
Old 21st April 2015, 15:18   #9970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Arnabchak,

I have seen a lot about the new version of Ford Figo which is due for launch by July 2015. I didn't like the look of the Uplifted Figo, its like a combo of Fiat Palio and i20. Moreover, i got some fantastic discounts and offers for the Present Verion.
Dear Dev

If you plan to keep the car for say 5 years, then the depreciation factor should not be a bother.
The only reason I was suggesting you wait was the added features and the new look of the upgrade.
If you are happy with the discounts and the current shape and not too bothered about the depreciation, then you can go ahead.

After market power windows will be Rs. 5K ish+ Taxes if you get it fitted from a Ford itself.
Old 21st April 2015, 16:35   #9971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Dev-gun
Congrats on your booking.
However, hope you are aware that the Figo is being replaced with the Aspire(Hatch).
Isn't Aspire the Compact Sedan? The hatchback from what I know is going to be launched later in the year., and probably will have a different name .
Old 21st April 2015, 16:43   #9972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Isn't Aspire the Compact Sedan? The hatchback from what I know is going to be launched later in the year., and probably will have a different name .
Yes Tharian.
Aspire is the Sedan.
The hatch is called Figo itself.
I used the nomenclature to differentiate it with the existing line up and hence used the (brackets) for mentioning Aspire.
Old 21st April 2015, 16:46   #9973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
After updating my Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android Lollypop, I have been finding issues with bluetooth connectivity in my Figo.
  1. I am unable to hear ringing for incoming calls on the music system speaker
  2. Same for outgoing calls, unless I switch the mode to Bluetooth audio
  3. I have to manually switch back to radio or CD mode after the call is completed, otherwise the system remains on BT audio mode
Has anyone else faced/facing this similar issue?
I have the same issue on my Nexus 5 running 5.1. However I think this is better as the song playing over the USB stops only if the call connects, makes me suspect this was done intentionally.

If you are playing songs over the USB, the phone does ring (I will check if the speakers ring too) and it does switch back to the USB once the call is done.

Since you have manually changed the mode to BT, I believe it will remain in BT even after the call is over.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 17:36   #9974
BHPian

Quote:
For the things to remember while getting the car delivered part, look no further than here :
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

As for the rear power window setup, I would say do not bother. The rear window does not roll down enough to justify the troubles in installing and living with an aftermarket setup. I do not think Ford has rear power windows for Figo as an OEM accessory. If the dealer is offering freebies, the OE Alloys, Rear Spoiler, Door Scuff Plates can be considered.
Old 21st April 2015, 17:46   #9975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I have the same issue on my Nexus 5 running 5.1. However I think this is better as the song playing over the USB stops only if the call connects, makes me suspect this was done intentionally.

If you are playing songs over the USB, the phone does ring (I will check if the speakers ring too) and it does switch back to the USB once the call is done.

Since you have manually changed the mode to BT, I believe it will remain in BT even after the call is over.
I don't use USB, but if radio or CD is playing and I answer call using my phone, the speakers don't switch to phone audio, I have to switch to BT audio to be able to hear the phone audio on speakers. Also it is annoying that you have to use phone to pick up the call as against earlier, I could just pick it up using the audio unit. Also, as you said, I need to switch the mode back to radio or CD. Not sure what can be done to reinstate the earlier settings!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks