Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 11:47   #11086
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Has anyone recently changed their front wheel brake pads? Especially the ones whose Figo is from 2010/11? Are they with clips or without clips at the back of pads?

I need to order aftermarket pads from boodmo and it shows the compatibility of pads without clips, but I have my doubts.

If anyone remembers, please reply.
Old 17th December 2023, 19:09   #11087
BHPian

Hello friends.. I'm new to BLR and stay near IIM. My car is a Diesel 1.4 Titanium and c12 yrs old with 230k on odo. A fuss free ownership so far I must say and a great experience with my recent service at JSP Ford Bannerghatta road branch. I'm told that the injectors need replacement as the pressure seems low in 1 or 2 injectors. When asked about servicing options I. Told that Ford does not recommend servicing Gen 1 Figo (they do for the 1.5 tdci). Can someone recommend a good independent Ford expert in Bangalore I can try? I read somewhere in the forum that Hema diesels did a good job of injector servicing but I need a good mechanic to help remove and reassemble. Also is there any recommendations on a good stage 1 or 2 tuners for the Figo? May be it is now time to explore what I couldn't in the earlier years .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20231216_175006.jpg  

Old 17th December 2023, 20:19   #11088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Hello friends.. I'm new to BLR and stay near IIM. .
Visit krithi car care, run by a bhpian here. Request him to remove the injectors and give it to you. Hand carry it and deliver it yourself to Hema diesels and bring it back to him once done. Fit it and start driving once krithi says all okay. I have got my brothers Figo injectors done there personally and 50k kms done on them so far.

For tuning, have heard good things about wolf tunes at engineering exponent in whitefield.

All these places are far from IIM. I cannot help you about places close to you

Last edited by Red Liner : 17th December 2023 at 20:27.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 21:04   #11089
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
? I read somewhere in the forum that Hema diesels did a good job of injector servicing.
You can take the car to Hema diesels and they will remove - service - refit. But workout a available slot which will not take multiple days. Their contact# +919980200839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
For tuning, have heard good things about wolf tunes at engineering exponent in whitefield.

All these places are far from IIM. I cannot help you about places close to you
EE does wolf moto tuning. But they said my Figo injectors needed service and asked me to get the injectors checked before going for tuning. I didn't pursue further. My Figo has done 1.3 lacs and I am not a car guy . Prefer to ride than drive. You can try code6 aswell. Heard good reviews from actual owners who got it done.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 21:08   #11090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
You can take the car to Hema diesels and they will remove - service - refit. But workout a available slot which will not take multiple days. Their contact# +919980200839
The issue with removing the injectors at Hema is the car will be parked outside in a very busy street until the injectors are sorted (can take upto 2 days depending on how busy he is). I prefer the car parked under a roof where it is safer.

Is good if Hema have started doing the fit outs themselves.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 08:20   #11091
BHPian

Thank you for the tip HTC and Redliner. Really appreciate. Krithika seems very far but I'll check.
Old 18th December 2023, 08:23   #11092
BHPian

Quote:
The issue with removing the injectors at Hema is the car will be parked outside in a very busy street until the injectors are sorted (can take upto 2 days depending on how busy he is). I prefer the car parked under a roof where it is safer.

Is good if Hema have started doing the fit outs themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Has anyone recently changed their front wheel brake pads? Especially the ones whose Figo is from 2010/11? Are they with clips or without clips at the back of pads?

I need to order aftermarket pads from boodmo and it shows the compatibility of pads without clips, but I have my doubts.

If anyone remembers, please reply.
I suggest you speak to the SA with Ford ASS. They should help you with part numbers which you can then order.
Old 1st January 2024, 17:40   #11093
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends.. I'm new to BLR and stay near IIM. My car is a Diesel 1.4 Titanium and c12 yrs old with 230k on odo. A fuss free ownership so far I must say and a great experience with my recent service at JSP Ford Bannerghatta road branch. I'm told that the injectors need replacement as the pressure seems low in 1 or 2 injectors. When asked about servicing options I. Told that Ford does not recommend servicing Gen 1 Figo (they do for the 1.5 tdci). Can someone recommend a good independent Ford expert in Bangalore I can try? I read somewhere in the forum that Hema diesels did a good job of injector servicing but I need a good mechanic to help remove and reassemble. Also is there any recommendations on a good stage 1 or 2 tuners for the Figo? May be it is now time to explore what I couldn't in the earlier years .
An update to my query above - I am glad to inform that my injector issue has been resolved and the servicing was performed at Future Diesel (Bommanahalli) and have been in the industry for many years as I was told. Spoke to Radha Krishnan (the owner) about my issue and he was glad to help ASAP since I had a travel covering 1000+ KMS during the Christmas and New Year holiday period. Do note, I have not dealt with Future Diesel before and I do not know them prior to this issue.

As you all know, I was told by Ford that there are issues with injector 2 and 3 and that it would be better to replace all 4 for consistent performance. The diagnosis matched at Future Diesel too except that they only needed cleaning. Apparently, Ford does not advice servicing the injectors for the 1st Gen Figo however, they recommend cleaning/servicing for the 2nd Gen Figo.

The best part is that the owner was inclined on changing the 2 nozzles since the spray was not as per the mark however, he also said first he will try to clean them manually (not via the UV process). The guy who worked was very meticulous, diligent and patient.

Now to the Cleaning Process (Uploading GIFs where possible to minimize file size)

Reference Readings (this is a pic below)

1. All Injectors are pre-checked prior to cleaning to identify the faulty injector
2. Manual Deep Cleaning including removing the injector sensors, nozzles, o-rings and smooth functioning of the injector parts)
3. Re-assemble and check the spray - Note, the readings across the test tubes you see (injection and return) should be around 750 for injection and around 550 for return.
4. The injector sensor (wire connector - black top) on top of the injector can be adjusted for optimal spray - Note you will see a GIF where there is nothing happening. This was one of the 2 faulty injectors and the only one needing the sensor adjustment.
5. Recheck for spray post adjustment

I have done almost 1500+ kms post the servicing and vehicle runs like a dream - I guess the next step is to get to a Stage 2 remap (hoping the vehicle holds up given the years she has served tremendously well) :
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-6-ref-injection-return-readings.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Ashwinbr : 1st January 2024 at 17:48. Reason: Had to correct some adhoc texts along my edits e.g. [\FONT] etc
Ashwinbr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:50   #11094
BHPian

Hi guys,

How do you reckon a 2010 Figo will serve for another 4-5 years? My brother’s friend is leaving the country and is willing to sell his 120k kms done Figo Diesel for real cheap. And my brother’s Nano and 800 have become very underpowered to take them around. So one of these two will be offloaded. Cosmetically, the Figo is in great shape. Last servicing was done in Aug’23 and it requires a suspension overhaul and tyre change after another 5-8k kms according to the said friend. Do weigh in with your opinions. What should be a proper watch-out for a car this old?
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 21:40   #11095
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi guys,

How do you reckon a 2010 Figo will serve for another 4-5 years? My brother’s friend is leaving the country and is willing to sell his 120k kms done Figo Diesel for real cheap. And my brother’s Nano and 800 have become very underpowered to take them around. So one of these two will be offloaded. Cosmetically, the Figo is in great shape. Last servicing was done in Aug’23 and it requires a suspension overhaul and tyre change after another 5-8k kms according to the said friend. Do weigh in with your opinions. What should be a proper watch-out for a car this old?
Depends on how much you are getting it for.

1st gen Figo's only acheles heel is the aneamic pickup till its turbo kicks in. Rest all is top class. Its handling is telepathic, It is very spacious for a small car, has decent boot space (remove the boot tray and you have amazing loading space), it has got amazing highway manners and the list will go on.

I would replace 800 and get the Figo. Check for injectors health and engine noise. If you get it, give it a code 6 or wolf tune to get rid of the initial slack in pickup. you will not regret your decision.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 09:00   #11096
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
An update to my query above - I am glad to inform that my injector issue has been resolved and the servicing was performed at Future Diesel (Bommanahalli)
Glad to hear.
How much did you end up spending for injector service?
Old 2nd February 2024, 07:25   #11097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Glad to hear.
How much did you end up spending for injector service?
All put together c.800 per injector and labour of c.1200. that's it. Vehicle still running smooth.

Last edited by Ashwinbr : 2nd February 2024 at 07:26. Reason: Typo correction
Ashwinbr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 16:06   #11098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All put together c.800 per injector and labour of c.1200. that's it. Vehicle still running smooth.
Hi Ashwin, i have sent you a private message about Future diesels. Kindly check and contact me. Adding this message here for extra visibility.
Old 8th February 2024, 18:50   #11099
BHPian

After 14 years decided to give the car a little makeover and sent it for fixing up the dents which were severe and all over. They were fixed and all four gates and fenders got a respray. Also, even after sending the injectors two times for service, cold start jerking and roughness continued, so got hold of a slightly used injector and changed it. The engine is stable now.

The steering rack is bad and the tyres need replacement now. Rear locking mechanism is also not working hence rear doors don't lock when central lock is activated. Odo is at 116000 kms.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20240208_184654.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20240208_184732.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20240208_184758.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20240208_184822.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20240208_184849.jpg

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 8th February 2024 at 18:52.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 22:53   #11100
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Ashwin, i have sent you a private message about Future diesels. Kindly check and contact me. Adding this message here for extra visibility.
Now I'm curious.
What's that pvt msg is about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks