Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 09:58   #10876
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I am seeing oil deposit on the air intake pipe connecting with the turbo charger, of my 2014 1.4 TDCI Figo. Also there is another smaller diameter tube (is it a breather tube ?), that is connecting with the air intake pipe, that is also covered with oil. There is no visible oil leak (like droplets) as such, but looks like finely sprayed oil. Is it something I should be worried about ? What could be the reason behind ? I am not experiencing any change in the acceleration or turbo kick in and she is running fine. My car is 80,000 km old and I do practice the idling rule, most of the times.

OIL DEPOSIT ON THE AIR INTAKE CONNECTING WITH TURBO CHARGER
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20190607_215927.jpg

OIL DEPOSIT ON THE SMALL TUBE CONNECTING WITH THE AIR INTAKE PIPE
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20190607_215849.jpg

A BETTER VIEW OF THE OIL DEPOSIT

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20190607_215418.jpg
Old 8th June 2019, 10:29   #10877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
I am seeing oil deposit on the air intake pipe connecting with the turbo charger, of my 2014 1.4 TDCI Figo. Also there is another smaller diameter tube (is it a breather tube ?), that is connecting with the air intake pipe, that is also covered with oil. There is no visible oil leak (like droplets) as such, but looks like finely sprayed oil. Is it something I should be worried about ? What could be the reason behind ? I am not experiencing any change in the acceleration or turbo kick in and she is running fine. My car is 80,000 km old and I do practice the idling rule, most of the times.
]
The small pipe is the PCV which in other terms is the crankcase breather pipe like you said.

My assumption is the piston blow-by would have increased which in turn creates more pressure within the crankcase which is let out via the PCV.
Or, the PCV pipe joints may be cracked leading to oil sweat over it.
Check if the oil level on the dipstick is decreasing too soon.

Too much oil through the PCV will clog the intercooler too over time.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 11:55   #10878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The small pipe is the PCV which in other terms is the crankcase breather pipe like you said.

My assumption is the piston blow-by would have increased which in turn creates more pressure within the crankcase which is let out via the PCV.
Or, the PCV pipe joints may be cracked leading to oil sweat over it.
Check if the oil level on the dipstick is decreasing too soon.

Too much oil through the PCV will clog the intercooler too over time.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Checked the oil level and it is OK now. Will check again in a couple of days.

Is there a PCV valve in this engine, or just a breather pipe ? If so, where is the PCV valve located ?

Meanwhile inquired at the Ford Service center, where they say such sweating is common

Anyway, the car is due for 80K service and planning to get it sorted out.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 8th June 2019 at 11:55. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 8th June 2019, 12:50   #10879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Checked the oil level and it is OK now. Will check again in a couple of days.

Is there a PCV valve in this engine, or just a breather pipe ? If so, where is the PCV valve located ?

Meanwhile inquired at the Ford Service center, where they say such sweating is common

Anyway, the car is due for 80K service and planning to get it sorted out.
Yes, there will be a valve. It should be on the engine side of the breather, inside. It is better to get it checked elsewhere although Ford says it is normal as later it may create issues.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 18:41   #10880
BHPian

Had a scary moment a week ago when the steering just locked up and went dead when slowing down and negotiating a s-curve.

A quick look under the bonnet revelaed that the accessory drive system was stuttering under regular load. Switching off the AC helped get back the power steering to life and was able to coast home thus.

Took it to the Ignite Garage yesterday and Raghav's initial observation was this could be the crank shaft pulley wearing out and unable to take the load. Incidentally, the accessory drive belt was changed only recently (2k KMs earlier) and he guessed this could have been the underlying problem causing the belt to wear out in the first place.

Post diagnosis, the update from him is that along with the crank shaft pulley, the tensioner assembly and the idler pulley also have worn out and needs to be replaced.

Estimated cost of replacements:
Crankshaft Pulley - 7200/-
Tensioner Assembly - 6800/-
Idler - 3400/-
Labor - 1500/-
Comes to around ~19K and with GST shoots up to ~24K

The car has clocked 69k on the ODO and I guess these are pretty much necessitated at this stage. Right?

Also here are a couple of video clips showing the drive-belt speed and the steering resistance with the AC switched on/off

Old 30th June 2019, 12:45   #10881
BHPian

I need help. I have an issue of leakage underneath engine. My car is clocking 80K Kms and about to be serviced on Tuesday. I am aware that this is small fibre box which contains the bush that helps in the shift of gears and just hope that the service advisor doesn't bombard me with any major issue taking into account the age of the car (8 years). The pictures attached. Any thoughts would be helpful.

[ATTACH=IMG_20190630_113602_HDR.jpg]
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20190630_113530_hdr.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20190630_113602_hdr.jpg  

Old 30th June 2019, 13:25   #10882
BHPian

^^ Did you feel if it is oil or water? Did you do any self maintenance on the car in recent past?

This box directly sits below battery. Did you get water topped up?
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 15:28   #10883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
^^ Did you feel if it is oil or water?
Thanks a lot indeed. This is oil, blackish. However, no drops of it are seen on the floor where the car is parked overnight. I didn't do any self maintenance during the last one year.
Old 30th June 2019, 16:41   #10884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin Kumar View Post
Thanks a lot indeed. This is oil, blackish. However, no drops of it are seen on the floor where the car is parked overnight. I didn't do any self maintenance during the last one year.
Any oil on top of this box. May be you can check
brake oil level. The same container supplies oil to clutch whose supply passes over this box.

If not then possibly this is a leakage from transmission oil. The seal might have given away.
Old 30th June 2019, 18:22   #10885
BHPian

Quote:
Any oil on top of this box.
I couldn't find any oil trace on top of the box. Brake oil level is intact. So, I too believe it is related to transmission oil and hopefully just a matter of replacing the seal
Old 30th June 2019, 19:28   #10886
BHPian

Quote:

OIL DEPOSIT ON THE AIR INTAKE CONNECTING WITH TURBO CHARGER
Attachment 1882947

OIL DEPOSIT ON THE SMALL TUBE CONNECTING WITH THE AIR INTAKE PIPE
Attachment 1882949

A BETTER VIEW OF THE OIL DEPOSIT

Attachment 1882948
I think this is a pretty common issue in TDCi engines. Happens in my 1.5TDCi Aspire as well but is minimal. Other cars which were there for service at the F.A.S.S. had some oil traces. I asked my SA about this and he stated this as normal saying "Sir it is there is every car. Nothing abnormal"
Old 3rd July 2019, 14:56   #10887
BHPian

Quote:
If not then possibly this is a leakage from transmission oil. The seal might have given away.
Exactly this was the issue, and I got the vehicle serviced yesterday. A new bush is fixed and all fine now.
Old 21st July 2019, 20:43   #10888
BHPian

Hello Bhpians – This is my first post here (not counting the intro), and right off the bat I have a question to ask regarding the music system.

I have a 2014 TDCi Titanium model Figo currently at 86k odd kilometres. I am having issues with the Bluetooth connectivity. The Bluetooth option is ON but whenever I try to access the Bluetooth menu or if I press the phone button, I get the “Bluetooth Waiting” message. I have tried with several phones, but the listing is not appearing in any, and I cant pair the phone.

I reset the music system by disconnecting the car battery and tried again, to no avail. Actually I tried two times. Then I took it to a local electronics shop, where the technician said it is possible that the number of paired devices has already reached the limit (5 i believe) and I will be able to connect only if some are deleted. This might be the case, but shouldn’t I still be able to access the Bluetooth menu at least? Is this a bug in the system?

Now to my real question: if this is the case, is there any way I can clear the list of all paired devices from outside the Bluetooth menu and try afresh?
If nothing works I might have to take it in to Ford service, which I am very reluctant to do so. Can anyone help me with this.
Old 21st July 2019, 22:05   #10889
BHPian

I assume you haven't erased the device list. Long press the menu button (2 to 3 seconds) and you'll enter in Bluetooth menu. You will get option to delete single device or the complete list. Just use the forward button to browse till you get desired option.
Old 21st July 2019, 22:55   #10890
BHPian

Quote:
I assume you haven't erased the device list. Long press the menu button (2 to 3 seconds) and you'll enter in Bluetooth menu.
See, that's the problem. Whenever I long press the menu button, I get the "Bluetooth Waiting" message only.

I can't enter the Bluetooth menu at all.

I tried after reset of battery also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks