Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 12:46   #10861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Figo 1.4 tdci owners. Has any of you faced an issue with the ABS warning light coming on at times? My daughter drove to Wayanad and back a few days ago, and she saw the light on a few times on the highway.

She'd got the car checked up before the drive at PPS Ford, Domlur, and they had found everything ok. So she called them today and asked about this ABS light. She says the SA told her that the ABS of the earlier Figo was problematic, and advised her to change to a new one for Rs 52000!

I told her to ignore it and we can take a look once we are back in Hyderabad next week. I'll get to drive the car and check if the ABS is working fine. She feels it is working fine.

How did any of you overcome this issue, if you faced it? Could it be a sensor? What is the cost?
Old 20th March 2019, 12:49   #10862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Figo 1.4 tdci owners. Has any of you faced an issue with the ABS warning light coming on at times? My daughter drove to Wayanad and back a few days ago, and she saw the light on a few times on the highway.

How did any of you overcome this issue, if you faced it? Could it be a sensor? What is the cost?
You could check if the battery is healthy if it has been a while. I remember the light used to pop up because of that.
Old 20th March 2019, 13:25   #10863
anb
BHPian

Quote:

I told her to ignore it and we can take a look once we are back in Hyderabad next week. I'll get to drive the car and check if the ABS is working fine. She feels it is working fine.

The same happened to me once. The reason was low battery, not abs sensor.
Old 20th March 2019, 13:32   #10864
BHPian

As suggested by others, do look at the battery health. One of the other cause might be the abs sensor of a particular wheel. Incorrect or intermittent data sent to the abs module might have ignited the malfunction light.
Old 20th March 2019, 16:42   #10865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The same happened to me once. The reason was low battery, not abs sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
As suggested by others, do look at the battery health. One of the other cause might be the abs sensor of a particular wheel. Incorrect or intermittent data sent to the abs module might have ignited the malfunction light.
The battery was changed only a week ago at the same FASS center. So that is ruled out. I guess it could be a sensor issue.
Old 25th March 2019, 14:44   #10866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Quick question. I feel clutch shuddering at first gear in stop go traffic esply when releasing the clutch slowly.. Changed the clutch assembly 2 weeks back and ASC told it needs sometime to bed in say 1k kms.. I ll be taking the car to ASC back probably next weekend to enquire again.. Any pointers?
Any pointers on this please. Im out of town yet to take back to ASC.
Old 25th March 2019, 15:39   #10867
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers on this please. Im out of town yet to take back to ASC.
I faced similar juddering with my 85K run Figo TDCi recently. However upon investigation, it was found out to be related to a broken gear-box mount and not clutch. The clutch assembly is perfectly healthy. The issue got resolved after replacing the gear-box mount. Please get the mountings checked.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 23:05   #10868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I faced similar juddering with my 85K run Figo TDCi recently. However upon investigation, it was found out to be related to a broken gear-box mount and not clutch. The clutch assembly is perfectly healthy. The issue got resolved after replacing the gear-box mount. Please get the mountings checked.
How much did that cost you?
Old 1st April 2019, 11:55   #10869
BHPian

Quote:
How much did that cost you?
Sorry for the delayed response. AFAIR, it costed somewhere between Rs 1000 and Rs 1300.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:05   #10870
BHPian

Started facing the injector issue again, so no help from addictive. I was out of town for a while so not able to take the car out, last week happened to drive at few instances felt the jerk at idle and also off-late i see a mild constant shake for say 10-15 secs at Traffic idling condition which i thought could be engine mount/gearbox mount related.
Went to ASC and did a TD, they ran the ECU diagnostic and found one injector reading above 1 and other one is slightly above 1. The ASC guy mentioned the two is faulty and needs replacement.

Im now in complete dilemma whether to take injector service route or change it.

Whether this is something i can post pone for say 2-3k kms and do it?
Never experienced any stall so far, all i see is shaky and jerk at idling condition and high engine noise which i see common in most of the Figo TDCI.
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:29   #10871
BHPian

Quote:
S
Went to ASC and did a TD, they ran the ECU diagnostic and found one injector reading above 1 and other one is slightly above 1. The ASC guy mentioned the two is faulty and needs replacement.
I was told the same when I had injector issue and even after replacing 2 so called faulty injectors, jerks and engine noise were still on a higher note albeit slightly reduced. I went to ASC very next day and asked to check for the other two again and end result replaced all four.

Quote:
Whether this is something i can post pone for say 2-3k kms and do it?
Never experienced any stall so far, all i see is shaky and jerk at idling condition and high engine noise which i see common in most of the Figo TDCI.
I think 2-3kms you can easily push for, however do note that engine noise will be quite rough and mileage and pickup will be low. So if you are ok with this pitfalls then you can wait for sometime.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 2nd April 2019 at 11:30.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:47   #10872
BHPian

Since last couple of days, I am hearing different sound from the engine. It is discernible on the inside than outside. It sounds similar to engine note but like hollow container sound. It is quite prominent at idling rpms but not that audible once you are around 1800 to 2000 rpms. Any idea what could be it? My car has run about 99 k kms.
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:36   #10873
BHPian

Check the gas of the AC. Since you are at it the AC system
Old 26th April 2019, 09:37   #10874
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question. I feel clutch shuddering at first gear in stop go traffic esply when releasing the clutch slowly.. Changed the clutch assembly 2 weeks back and ASC told it needs sometime to bed in say 1k kms.. I ll be taking the car to ASC back probably next weekend to enquire again.. Any pointers?
Try releasing in 2nd Gear for a week and do not use the 1st gear as much. It will bed in. I had this issue 30K ago but gone ever since i tried the 2nd gear starts 2 years ago.
Old 17th May 2019, 12:58   #10875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Update – I was able to strip the actuator and found that the 12v DC motor was the culprit. I cracked open the DC motor to clean the carbon deposit on the armature. Voila!! The motor started working fine and so is the actuator. Now, I just need to seal the actuator using super bond and install it back.

I feel bad about the exorbitant prices at which F.A.S.S sell these things, it's just a Chinese 12v DC motor which merely costs 100 bucks . To be on the safer side I will look for another DC motor and change the old one if it stops working again.
I am facing the same issue now. Were you able to find a new DC motor?

Also, is it possible for you elaborate steps to clean the current motor and reinstalling the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks