Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 01:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

Carry a can of oil on your trip. Better to be safe.
Thankfully the A$$ here did a good job in replacing the windshield.

Keep us updated
Old 10th November 2010, 10:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I do not feel any major difference except loosing the softness of the tires.
You have done ulta as front should be bit lesser than the rear.
Anyhow let me try keeping the same amount in both front and rear. Will do next time top up and I use nitrogen
Am I doing ulta?
I thought the front tyres should carry more pressure since the weight of the engine in front will put more load on front tyres!!
Old 10th November 2010, 14:01   #138
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays I maintain my tyres at 32 psi for the front and 36 for the rear set. These are the numbers recommended by Ford for a fully loaded car, but since my usage has an empty car with just the driver a lot of the time and 4 or 5 people in the car at other times, I keep it at the highest value all the time, changing the pressure for each outing isn't practical.

Initially I used to have all the tyres at 30 psi and I find that the increased pressure does help a lot in preventing scraping the bottom on speed breakers. And even with just the driver there isn't too much of bounce either.

The only bottom scraping that occurs these days is when you go over a really "vertical" hump when the mud flap hits the hump immediately after the wheel has passed it. The mud flaps have taken these hits pretty well so far, but one never knows when one will break off - they appear to be quite rigid.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:01   #139
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Oil level & Viscosity update

After my long drive to trichy & back the car has done 300kms and the odo stands now exactly at 7032.
So posting the photos of oil level and viscosity. Seems the consumption is very less compared from 4300 to 5600kms and seems to be stable
Tbphians can comment more and give the inputs.
Got a call from Customer Relationship manager and conveyed his apologies on the poor work of the windshield. He was explaining and told that "we are here to service you and please feel free to come at any time". Asked me to bring the car tomorrow for engine noise. He also told the reduction in oil level may increase engine noise level. Tomorrow planning to go to SC.
Good follow up by Ford.
First two snaps on oil level. After inserting the oil stick I rotate and taken the second one. Third one give the viscosity.

Will be posting the time difference of driving at 80kmph and 110kmph in highways. Luckily had all toll receipts. Scanned and will be uploading shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_156.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_157.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_159.jpg  

Old 13th November 2010, 19:48   #140
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Difference of time of travel

It is obvious, that when a vehicle is driven fast it reaches the destination earlier. But there are some arguements, if you constantly drive at a speed (eg 80kmph) the time of reaching would not be much more.
I drove my figo on 26th of Aug on NH45 to trichy and on 6th of Nov. Almost all the parameters are same except the speed.
On 26th Aug, my car has done 3300km approximately and never crossed 80kmph. There are six tolls in NH45 before reaching trichy. The total time taken for me to reach Trichy from the 2nd toll receipt (Athur) is 21.28-18.21=3 hours 8 min. Both are non-stop drives except a rough 10 min break. I am calculating from 2nd toll is because when driving on 6th Nov at 110-120kmph, I had a break between 1st toll (paranur) and 2nd toll (Athur). On 6th Nov, my car has done around 6000km and am crossing 3 digits for the first time in my new figo.
On 6th Nov, the total time taken from 2nd toll (athur) to reach Trichy is 11.52 - 9.41 = 2 hours and 11 min.
So the approximate distance between 2nd toll and Trichy is 200km.
So when you drive around 120kmph you cross 100km per hour.
Not to say if India builds real access controlled expressways, then these figures may be seen on the lower side of high speed driving. 100km per hour is equal to 62.5 mph which is kept max speed (between 55 - 65 mph) in various US interstate highways.

During my trip I saw many SUV's and corolla's zooming past me... Need to really thank Shri Vajpayee for his vision of constructing dedicated lanes.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-26aug.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-6nov.jpg  

Old 20th November 2010, 20:27   #141
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Ill Luck continues

I dropped my car on 15th Nov for checking my engine noise which heard more inside the cabin at MPL Perungudi.
They noted my inputs and did these following steps
- changed the drive belt No difference in sound, so replaced back to my original one
-Found some diff in fuel injector pressue between 1 and 3rd cylinder and interchanged and called me
-No improvement. I told that i will wait but check and do thoroughly. The technicians really listened to my observations
- Called ford and ordered for new Injectors
- Got after 1 day. Tried replacing one by one and found improvement in the noise and fixed.
- Reinstalled the ECM software fully as directed by Ford. Everything was reset (it was not refreshing)
Called me on Friday morning - Went there
Observed these things
- Extra noise have come down, but the real noise inside the cabin after windshield replacement is still there. Now I am totally confused.
I am thinking of taking my colleague's figo with mine and ask them to compare.
I see also a increase in sound when the turbo opens around 1300 rpm.
I think MPL have tried all options with respect to the engine.
The noise was never there before 4300km exactly before changing my windshield. I doubt whether the OEM sealant for fixing windshield has more sound proof quality which is missing when done by the dealer.
I sent one mail to write2md@ford. Got a call immediately from MD office.
I told this," Let Ford give a handholding to their dealers to these kind of critical and different issues and not the dealer do a trial and error method". But so far no Call from Ford Manager or any body. Want to talk to them and tell clearly what I am exactly looking.
But one thing I can prove is the engine noise is more inside the cabin than it was..
- Meantime while doing a test drive they broke my right OVRM and replaced it, but I found a scratch (paint gone) in the right front wheel arch. They told that they will do it free of cost... I think ill luck continues.. Could not understand when things will settle and just enjoy driving..
- Technician advised me to drive 1000km more carefully as ECM was reinstalled. They said, it stores all the data of the 1st 1000km driving and configures itself.
- One thing - MPL ford Perungudi really concentrated on my work and updated me Their response and focus on the task is to be appreciated. They assured their support always. They were courteous. I think this will give a good impression about Ford service the technician is also good. I think they need Ford assistance to these kind of critical jobs will help to trouble shoot fast.
-Went through all the job card what they have done. Gave a good feedback about them
-That smoothness seen before 4300 inside is somehow missing. Ok let me see...

Last edited by RGK : 20th November 2010 at 20:40.
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:29   #142
BHPian

RGK,
Did you try talking to the workshop manager about the issue? They are usually helpful.
Any other issues? The brakes on my car start screaming on light breaking. Makes horrible sounds.

I am also facing this issue on light braking, my car has done only 2000 kms and this noise has been there since starting. I dont know what solution is possible?

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th November 2010 at 12:38. Reason: Fixed the incorrect quote tags
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:05   #143
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I have not. Spoke to Service Advisor and he is taking it up accordingly. I will talk to workshop manager shortly. Braking noise comes some times. I have not concentrated on that because of my main issue.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:50   #144
Senior - BHPian

The turbo sound could be just because of the reset. The turbosound was much more for my initial 600-1000km. Maybe the ecu learns to manage the turbo after that.

Why dont you ask them to remove the front glass and fix it back with new rubber and glue. Maybe it might just help.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:15   #145
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The turbo sound could be just because of the reset. The turbosound was much more for my initial 600-1000km. Maybe the ecu learns to manage the turbo after that.

Why dont you ask them to remove the front glass and fix it back with new rubber and glue. Maybe it might just help.
Spot on Gemi. Exactly I too thought the same and spoken to the Service Advisor to take up with the body shop. Yes I think the sealant(glue) would not have been applied enough to protect the sound coming inside.
Now a days I feel i hear outside Auto sounds more inside the cabin - may be perception.
Will update the status.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:27   #146
Senior - BHPian

^^ why dont you get a decibel meter and get it checked with a few figos, just to rest your concerns if they are just perceptions. If you are nokia phone user I guess there are a few softwares which you can download, otherwise ask ford to supply the garage with the decibel meter.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:35   #147
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Anil - thats should be the last option for testing. Let me check on the softwares available. One interesting thing was found yesterday by my friend when he drove. He says the horn sound is heard more inside.
If this is true, then the windshield sealant is not done enough to protect the noises from outside.
The first thing I took the car immediately after my windshield change to the body shop and asked them to check. But the Service incharge totally refused that is not because of this.
Now it seems the fault is getting pointed to that only after doing lot of engine fixing rather lot of tamperings (hope that is not done any harm in the performance of the engine). I am going to strongly take up with the service centre. So far no call from Ford after many mails. Going to send a strong one now.
Old 25th November 2010, 08:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

^^ it is a general complaint in figo that horn is heard more inside! i read one or two such complaints on this forum!

but do an extensive check and suggest you change the sealant again before you play with the engine settings again!
Old 25th November 2010, 16:27   #149
Senior - BHPian

The horn getting heard more inside the cabin is a Ford trademark i think. Atleast its the same on our Fusion and Figo.
Old 27th November 2010, 22:04   #150
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Gemi & Anil - Yes I agree for your valid points.
I got a call from Ford and asked me to take to SC where both mechanical and body shop is available. Taking the car on Monday. Took my car along with colleague's on Friday for comparison. The SA and the technician agreed that the noise is more inside in my car. They also advised to relook at windshield sealant.

As per TSB's two things are fixed
- C pillar - squeak was fixed by new clips
- some additional wiring was done for brake sensors as per new TSB's - Figo owners please contact your dealer to get this done

Really the special feature of rear squeak is so far not heard in my car or may be due to other problems, I would not have noticed. Hope that is fixed permanently in next TSB's released by Ford.
One thing - MPL ford response and support is very good so far...
In Fords reply they have mentioned that " your all concerns would be addressed and resolved to your satisfaction". So far, eventhough there is delay from Ford side, the A.S.S is very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks