Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 17:50   #226
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club

Went to SC - MPL Ford OMR for some steering noises on 9th September. The Test technician took the car for the TD and found suspension is OK, but found U clamp bend and noise in the steering.
First we suspected some issue in the horn spring. But the technician said steering rack may be faulty. Left the car there to fix the issues
I called the SA for delivery, but he said the car is under diagnosis. Went there and did not argue with the SA. The SA is new and the priority is given more for the Free and Paid services. Met the manager and he just accepted the mistake for the delay. Immediately he called the technician to fix the U clamp issue.

The stabiliser bar on the front has a U type clamp (designed like that) at both right and left ends under the lower suspension arm. Due to low GC this U clamp hits any object first before the other parts. Due to this the clamp bends and scratches the lower arm and produces a sound "kar kar" when driven in potholes or speed breakers.
The car is lifted and the U clamp is pulled to the straight position with the help of a steel rod.

Fixed an appointment on 14th for the remaining issues. Gave the car around 9 am and asked the SA to check thoroughly. Informed the manager also. As usual there is no call till the evening, I very well understood nothing is done and remained silent.
Next day morning, I spoke to the CC manager and asked the status. He is a nice person and updated that steering rack needs replacement and they are waiting for approval. In the evening got a call from the SA that the car is ready.
Eventhough the spare (steering rack - cost would be around 8k + power steering oil - around 500 per litre) are replaced under warranty, I am scared now about the quality of the parts in the car.
This is the 4th replacement done in my car
1. Tail lamp
2. 3rd stage Injector
4. AC condenser
5. Steering Rack

I conveyed my apprehensions to the manger, but he assured that nothing will happen and extend help any time.

I feel that my car was not properly QCed during the manufacturing process. Four critical parts replaced in 15months with 15k of odo shows the standard of the quality check done for each vehicle.

A new car owner should have a peaceful ownership of the vehicle. It is certainly missing in my case. Wrote to Ford about the replacements and the what can I do if these things happen post warranty period. Asked for 4th year Extended warranty. I think Ford is working on the extended warranty part for Figo. Have requested Ford to do a complete QC on my vehicle.

The parts which has to run 1000's of kms are failing prematurely. No doubt Toyota's & VW's are rated high because of their stringent quality processes and no nonsense ownership experience.

VFM is OK, but the critical ingredients of a vehicle should be of highest standard. Switches, door handles can fail due to sub standard quality (mostly seen in Tatas), but not steering racks & condensers.

The good part is the attitude of the SC. The managers and the technicians explained the problem and I see more transparency now. I thanked the entire service team personally.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:03   #227
e46
BHPian

Congrats man!
one question though! From your thread heading, it seems you got the 1.4 TDCI EXI, but i saw that the tacho is there in ur front console. From trim level chart in ford website, only ZXI onwards have it.

could you explain that? I am inclined towards EXI but dont wanna curtail tacho and driver seat height adjust, which are there in ZXI.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Old 1st November 2011, 13:44   #228
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Congrats man!
one question though! From your thread heading, it seems you got the 1.4 TDCI EXI, but i saw that the tacho is there in ur front console. From trim level chart in ford website, only ZXI onwards have it.

could you explain that? I am inclined towards EXI but dont wanna curtail tacho and driver seat height adjust, which are there in ZXI.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Sorry Abhishek for my delayed response.
Yes I have Diesel EXi. In latest EXi's - no tacho & no audio.

Tacho is useful to note the engine performances and idling speed. I dont see any major value add in driver seat adjust (just the inclination position is raised or lowered).

Tacho cannot be fitted in the after market as you need to open dash etc and result in warranty violation. Better go for ZXi. If budget is not a constraint, then Titanium is the best choice and real VFM.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:45   #229
BHPian

Somehow the stock audio in my Figo is showing "Enter Code - - ". I do not remember setting any code. Any one knows how to reset it? Currently nothing linked to the audio setup vis-a-vis CD, Tuner, pen drive, bluetooth works. Any help is really appreciated
Old 30th November 2011, 11:21   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Somehow the stock audio in my Figo is showing "Enter Code - - ". I do not remember setting any code. Any one knows how to reset it? Currently nothing linked to the audio setup vis-a-vis CD, Tuner, pen drive, bluetooth works. Any help is really appreciated
It should be on the first page of your music system's manual on a sticker. If you fail to find it contact your service center, they should help you to get the code. How to enter code is clearly written in the user manual!
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:13   #231
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Have given my car for 3rd Service (20k) due to the earlier completion of time period even though I have done only 18.5k.

Checked with the SA regarding the software upgrade (ver 76.6) eventhough I did not have stalling issue(only once so far that too in 2nd gear). He recommended to go for it.

The list of problems told to check:
1. ECM software upgrade if recommended
2. Beeding came out of cowl due to improper windshield fitment. To check and fix a new beeding.
3. Rear window rolling down - Reoccuring
4. Dash vibration
5. Front door vibration noises
6. Rear left side squeak
7. To check all shocks
8. Power steering oil leak seen on top of the lid eventhough the oil level has not gone down.
9. Some noise in the drive belt
10. Parcel try moving sideways.

Given three full days to do the job. Hope they would complete the tasks as expected.

Given to MPL - perungudi. The Manager and SA are very courteous and listen the problems. Infact I know a few people there so expect better attention to the problems.

Even after opening a new service centre, this place is crowded again. Ford has to open more SC's otherwise the waiting period in the service centre would increase and lead to major dissatisfaction to the customers.

Will do the post service update on Monday.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:26   #232
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Got the car on the third day evening. (Gave enough time for the service team to work)

1. ECM software upgrade if recommended
Done
2. Beeding came out of cowl due to improper windshield fitment. To check and fix a new beeding.
Cowl was replaced under warranty
3. Rear window rolling down - Reoccuring
Done
4. Dash vibration
5. Front door vibration noises
Both Done
6. Rear left side squeak
Done
7. To check all shocks Done
8. Power steering oil leak seen on top of the lid eventhough the oil level has not gone down.
Says it is because of oil evaporation
9. Some noise in the drive belt
Need to check
10. Parcel try moving sideways.
Not done. Problem persists

After service the engine noise has become more. It was kind of raw noise as if the oil is not circulating. The senior technician says it is due to the ECU upgrade and will become normal after driving few kilometres. He said the injector open duration is reduced after the software upgrade and will get set soon. He is a knowledgeable person and will not misguide.

The major problem of the car is the belly scrapping on large size speed breakers if I dont do a diagonal crossing.

The Manager and the service team was excellent and my service experience at MPL-OMR was topclass this time also.

Will observe after doing few hundred kilometres and update the thread.

Last edited by RGK : 6th February 2012 at 22:27.
Old 30th June 2012, 16:05   #233
RGK
Senior - BHPian

On Thursday night my car was banged at the back by a great Taxi wala (driving Ford fiesta) in the Nandam Signal. The bike going in front of me stopped, so I need to brake suddenly and heard a big sound at the back and the car jerked. ( I could not swerve due to vehicles on both sides of Mount road and also bit close to the bike)
I went down and found my boot (below to Figo, Tdci emblem) gone inside including the bumper. Luckily the boot is locking and no glass break.
Now a days we have come to a mindset that "nothing big has happened" and I tried to console myself.
Went to the body shop and the guy advised to change the boot door for Rs 11,000/- (through Insurance). I asked to do tinkering and paint. He said, " Sir you will not get finishing. If you still wish to go for it the total amount would be around Rs 6500/-". I said OK and came back.

Extremely surprised to see the advisor at the SC suggesting for a boot door replacement.

Looking for good tinker and painter and hope the cost will be around 3-4K if done outside. I could not understand why the SC's charge a lot.
Due to exorbitant cost quoted by the dealers, the insurance premium has gone sky high and ultimately the vehicle owners are the sufferers.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-bootdamage.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks