Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 13:23   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club

Thanks for the detailed update. ENJAY!
Old 27th January 2011, 14:03   #197
Senior - BHPian

Regarding tyre balancing and alignment. The tires are to be rotated at 10k for free, doesn't wheel rotation include alignment and balancing? If yes then you are duped, check with them again.

What is the issue with bot lock? Sorry if I missed it before, kindly repost it
Old 28th January 2011, 12:00   #198
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gemi.
Anil - let me check with them. Did you get it aligned/balanced free of cost.

I need to force the boot to get it locked. But in other cars, just a normal close does the job. But Service Centre says," normal only sir".
Old 28th January 2011, 12:18   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Gemi.
Anil - let me check with them. Did you get it aligned/balanced free of cost.

I need to force the boot to get it locked. But in other cars, just a normal close does the job. But Service Centre says," normal only sir".
I am not sure about balancing and aligning, but I got my wheels rotated (excuse my ignorance but I do not know if they balance/align when they rotate), but they do have to rotate all the 5 wheels every 5000/10000 kms.

Even I faced similar issue with my boot door, but that was after I had to replace it after a non-major non-minor accident. The problem is with the door alignment, every time they say no problem sir, ask them to compare the same with existing figos there, this strategy works for me!!
Old 29th January 2011, 22:24   #200
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Rotation has to be done at regular intervals. In Figo's case i think it is every 10k.
Alignment need to be done. Regarding balancing, I think it is not necessary if the wheel discs are not damaged or bend. Damage mostly happens due to speed driving in bad roads or unnoticed big pot holes.

Another problem started:
Suddenly My ac is not powerful as it was. Issue noted especially after 10k service. My friend who drove the next day said this, but I neglected completely as I saw terrific performance so far but I noted today. The level of cooling was less even when I kept at maximum. Suddenly it became normal after driving 10 kms. Spoke to SA, he said may be gas leak or fan failure.... Before taking there let me analyse completely the issue...

I think my car likes service centres more than me

Last edited by RGK : 29th January 2011 at 22:26.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:27   #201
Senior - BHPian

RGK, I think your car has fallen in love with another Figo at the service center?
Coming back to the car, How is the AC doing ? Checked the under belly of the car to see if any fluid is leaking ?
Old 6th February 2011, 16:09   #202
RGK
Senior - BHPian

ha ha.. I checked the compressor and all the tubes and could not find anything abnormal.

Gave the car for AC service at MPL perungudi. The SM and SA observed the AC problems. It cools intermittently and some times it works well. If you switch off and on it is not working. I thought it may be due to some loose connections or switch malfunction (as I do change the thermostat setting a lot and also the speed as the AC performe was superb). The grill temperature showed 15 degree. It was 5.5 at the time of 2nd Service. The value should be between 4.5 to 7 ( my old AC expert shared this info long back)

Got a call from SA that there was a very minute leak (the available gas was around 100gms) at the pipe at the side top of the condenser due to the close position of the condenser screwed in the body or the frame. The pipe got a small hole due to jerk or rubbing of metal parts. They ordered for a new condenser and fitted it. Gas was filled and the car was ready at 7 pm. The SA and SM was very prompt in follow up and updated the service status. They really felt on my situation as I am one of very few regular vistors to the SC across 70000 users of Figo. They assured their support. I conveyed my hearfelt thanks to them.

They did a brief checkup on the car and found OK. Now the car is fine.

My car had these free replacments so far . Car has done 12k km after exactly 8 months and 12 days.

1. Tail lamp - right side
2. 3rd Stage - Fuel injector
3. AC condenser

Sometimes I feel the product is not a real quality one and more issues are expected to crop up after driving 40 to 50k kms. My previous car (Maruti's) did not have any quality problems and only visited SC's for regular maintenance and periodic spare replacments (eg brake shoes, spark plugs etc). Infact they are old cars.
It is bit premature to come to this decision as Gemi & Joe has not faced any problem (touch wood) even after driving more KM. Only time will tell. May be I am unlucky.

Regarding all the previous issues I have asked for compensation from Ford to increase my warranty by 1 year. They refused but accepted to give a labour free service at 20k. I have asked them to extend for 30k as well. They are not accepting for this which I could not understand . The labour charges would come around 1500/- for a service. Was Ford expecting more parts need to be changed at the time of 30k service and hence extending free labour at that time is not viable or already this (my) car has consumed lot of replacements (around 22k) and extending further will add more loss.
I have written that extension of free labour for 30k service is needed primarily to enhance more confidence and trust rather than saving few thousand rupees. Let me wait.
Will post the photos of the new condenser and also a doubt. Let me post that also.
Old 20th February 2011, 21:55   #203
RGK
Senior - BHPian

So far no reply from Ford regarding my compensation...
Car is OK now. Doing only city drives. See lot of Figos now a days in Chennai...

Not yet rotated the tires. Car has done 11500 exactly.

Earlier DTE showed 120. Filled Diesel for Rs 1000 comes around 24.5 litres.
DTE went up to 550. So 550-120= 430/24.5 = 17.4 km/litre.

No other sounds (touch wood) so far...
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:05   #204
BHPian

Hi RGK, Nice thread and very sorry to see you suffering from niggles due to bad A.S.S. I hope you have been able to enjoy your car through all this.

The mat job on your car looks neat. Some questions:
- Where is sun combines located?
- How much did it cost to get this done?
- Do you use carpet mats on top of this? If so do they slip?
- Do the mats help with reducing road noise i.e. is there any insulation etc. installed?

Thanks and good luck!
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:54   #205
BHPian

When is the second service due?
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:05   #206
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Hi RGK, Nice thread and very sorry to see you suffering from niggles due to bad A.S.S. I hope you have been able to enjoy your car through all this.

The mat job on your car looks neat. Some questions:
- Where is sun combines located?
- How much did it cost to get this done?
- Do you use carpet mats on top of this? If so do they slip?
- Do the mats help with reducing road noise i.e. is there any insulation etc. installed?

Thanks and good luck!
--Sun combines is on the RTO office road exactly backside of Hotel SKP (which also does car accessories). Need to turn right from avinashi road coming from peelamedu at the UMS junction and drive around 300 metres and take a small left lane and you find Sun combines at the right side immediately.
Really the job was very neatly done. I checked with many and picked them.
Real professional work.
-- 2400 including boot mat. Just bargained and got it for 2200.
-- Yes. Your are right - It slips. Since my OEM carpet mat is useless, I need to change. But I do not like the poda mats (widely available) due to its design. It accumulates more dust and mud. I saw a tray type mat in chennai and trying to find the availability.
-- Certainly reduces noise especially the road noise. But I have done a quoting of 3M Professional Grade Rubberised Undercoating. I did this because of underbelly scrapping which scratches the centre chassis. My cousin sent me from US. I think you can source from there and do it. I asked a wash station guy to spray underneath except exhaust pipes. Unfortunately I bought only 3 cans (453 gms each) and not sufficient.

Eventhough I faced lot of issues, I am satisfied with the car due to its overall features. Swifts/Vistas/Punto outclass Figo on its sheer engine performance.

Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
When is the second service due?
10000 kms or completion of 1 year from the date of purchase - whichever is earlier.
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:23   #207
BHPian

hi RGK - I have faced this slipping mat problem a couple of times before.

Just FYI, I solved it by sticking small bits of velcroe on the mat and then putting the OEM/Carpet mat on top of the velcroe. That should take care of the slipping. I am talking about really small bits, maybe 1 in each of the four sides should more than adequate. And if you do get a bigger/better rubber/carpet mat, it should easily go on the velcroe without any issues.
Old 12th March 2011, 13:46   #208
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rohing. Let me do by pasting velcroe's in each corner especially for the front mats.
Old 20th March 2011, 19:41   #209
RGK
Senior - BHPian

No longer drives done recently. Planning to do after kids exams. Just doing city drives. Car is OK. But GC problems are more when driven in bumpy mud roads.
Old 2nd April 2011, 09:39   #210
BHPian

I did the full carpeting and then added a pair of regular rubber mats. Just FYI, even the rubber mats slip and probably have to give them the velcroe treatment as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Rohing. Let me do by pasting velcroe's in each corner especially for the front mats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks