Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 12:44   #3706
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Having driven Figo for almost 1 month during my annual vacation, i came across the following issues.

1) Couple of time fan happens to continue working even after switching off the ignition.
2) Rattling sound from the Corner which got rectified from the Ford service station.
3) Brakes got jammed while moving slowly in the first gear.

Is those issues a common thing among figo owners?

Iam curious to know about the solutions.

Thanks
Highway patrol
Highway Patrol,

Problem no 1 is normal. If the engine has breached a particular temperature limit, the fan keeps running after the ignition is switched off till the temperature drops to acceptable levels. That is the reason one is advised not to touch the fan or fiddle with it even if the ignition is switched off. This typically happens after you have driven the car for some time.

The other two problems are not normal .
Old 15th January 2011, 23:10   #3707
Senior - BHPian

Took second test-drive of Figo Diesel today.
My wife indicated that the middle seat portion on the rear bench is raised significantly.
This is not good for three passengers to sit together.

Also, this is apparently not a good thing for small kids to lie down and take a nap.
That brings up a question in my mind:
How are others managing their kids at the back on long drives? Do they really sit in baby car seats?
Old 16th January 2011, 00:44   #3708
Senior - BHPian

My baby's very comfortable in a car seat. She's less than 10 kg so I've fitted the car seat in rear facing mode. She plays in it and then sleeps off.
It's dangerous for an unrestrained child to sleep in a moving vehicle.
Old 16th January 2011, 12:59   #3709
BHPian

Installed AUTOFORM seat covers and Packy Poda Universal mats in my Figo. The guy who did the seat cover work did a decent job in my opinion.

Couple of pictures

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn0271-2112-x-1584.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn0275-2112-x-1584.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn0311-2112-x-1584.jpg
Old 16th January 2011, 13:16   #3710
BHPian

I have a query and would like some advice:

finally had the car loan cleared and paid to the dealer. Now the dealer says he will need 4 days for RTO registration, CRTM etc which is fine with me but he says he will take the car to the RTO for passing and then get it back to the showroo. Im not too okay with this as that would mean some nut will drive it for about 80 kms (to and fro from Nerul to Thane and return).

I helped buy a friend an innova last year and dont remember having taken the car to the RTO at all. Infact drove off with a temp number from the showroom (Madhuban Toyota, Kurla) and he gave a form 19 which was to be shown to cops if they stopped us. Basically the form allowed you to drive around for a week i guess.

This dealer now says that rules have changed and the RTO wont let you drive like that and hence he will only deliver the car after he gets a number from the RTO.

Can anyone confirm?
Old 16th January 2011, 13:28   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
I have a query and would like some advice:

finally had the car loan cleared and paid to the dealer. Now the dealer says he will need 4 days for RTO registration, CRTM etc which is fine with me but he says he will take the car to the RTO for passing and then get it back to the showroo. Im not too okay with this as that would mean some nut will drive it for about 80 kms (to and fro from Nerul to Thane and return).

I helped buy a friend an innova last year and dont remember having taken the car to the RTO at all. Infact drove off with a temp number from the showroom (Madhuban Toyota, Kurla) and he gave a form 19 which was to be shown to cops if they stopped us. Basically the form allowed you to drive around for a week i guess.

This dealer now says that rules have changed and the RTO wont let you drive like that and hence he will only deliver the car after he gets a number from the RTO.

Can anyone confirm?

I drove off with a temp number and got my vehicle registered w/o my vehicle present there. This was legal procedure.

I am from Pune and did this in July, so I presume it should be same in thane
Old 16th January 2011, 16:10   #3712
BHPian

In Chennai, the dealer drives the car to RTO to get it registered. One of my friend took the delivery of car before registration as it was an auspicious day for him. Even in that case, he had to give it back to dealer for half a day for registration purpose.

My suggestion for you is, instead of some dealer person driving the car, you can take delivery and drive the car to RTO directly for registration on that particular day/time that dealer informs.

I have noticed what happens in RTO, on a particular day/time, all the new (& old) vehicles to be registered are gathered at one place and the RTO officials comes and checks the VINs, etc and asks the person to pay the fee at office. Only for this inspection purpose, the vehicle is required to be taken to RTO (or their designated place).

-JK
Old 16th January 2011, 19:30   #3713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Had a weird problem with my Figo. A couple of days ago, the pick-up dropped drastically (by atleast 70%) for about 10 minutes when I refueled (at this point the DTE was showing 35) and then it was back to normal. During the time the pick-up was down, the car's rear part was vibrating as if it was accelerated intermittently.

During this entire episode, the DTE did not increase inspite of refueling. The 'Engine problem light' on the dashboard was also ON during this period. I turned the car off a few times and restarted and then the pick-up, 'Engine Problem Light' and DTE were back to normal. There have been no problems since.

Any ideas why this happened? Am taking it for a check over the weekend.

I don't know, but i had this problem with my i20 diesel. After a refill, the vehicle's pickup went down, especially when I accelerated suddenly, rather than the turbo come on, it appeared like the engine was dying down. I had the scare of my life, because i was in the process of overtaking. The fuel filter lights came on. later i learnt that the fuel filter sensor was activated due to vapour which probably was from some contamination in the fuel. When the fuel filter was cleaned it was alright.
Old 16th January 2011, 19:41   #3714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Also, I have observed that during lower gears in b2b traffic, when I am driving with clutch and brake, I have this feeling of acceleration while braking, is this normal?

Initially I thought I will have to settle with the car, but it's not like that, it happens all the time only in first and second gears (may be I don't observe it otherwise)
I thought that was common to all diesels. All my cars actually move at around 10kph, even on an inclines with no accelerator activity, aka driving on brakes and clutch. Especifically when crawling the vehicle in 1st gear, you feel that the vehicle is actually moving on it's own accord and you have to control it by playing the brakes. after doing a couple of thousand kilometres in all my 3 diesel cars, i am now used to it. Probably diesels have a higher idle RPM to keep the engine from stalling. Experts enlighten us.
Old 17th January 2011, 01:07   #3715
Senior - BHPian

About the registration, It is true that the vehicle has to be inspected for temp. regn. which is valid for 1 month during which permanent regn. has to be done.
In Tamil Nadu, the cost for temp regn. is ~Rs.1000 and the showroom charges 4000. Not sure what the overhead charges for perm. regn are.
Old 18th January 2011, 08:24   #3716
BHPian

Can someone tell whether rear seat 'Pillows' in Figo actually serve their purpose of supporting head?
Old 18th January 2011, 10:34   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Can someone tell whether rear seat 'Pillows' in Figo actually serve their purpose of supporting head?
The Figo could certainly do with a bigger head rest for the rear bench. It's ok for short-medium people, but a tad small for the taller guys. I guess most ladies wouldn't complain about the head rest height though.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:48   #3718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The Figo could certainly do with a bigger head rest for the rear bench. It's ok for short-medium people, but a tad small for the taller guys. I guess most ladies wouldn't complain about the head rest height though.
I agree. The overall height of the seat + head rests is just enough for people around 5 feet 5 inches.
Beyond that, you would have to make some adjustments while sitting.
Also, the rear bench is not long enough for three people (could realize the difference after sitting in Ritz and Figo back to back.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:01   #3719
Senior - BHPian

^^ Figo and Ritz have same width of 1680, however Figo's(2489) wheelbase is bigger than the Ritz'(2360), so I am not too sure how and why you felt Ritz' rear seat longer than the Figo. I agree with the headrest thing though; also taller people (like yours truly) hit the roof often when the car's going through rough patches!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 18th January 2011 at 11:02.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:12   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ Figo and Ritz have same width of 1680, however Figo's(2489) wheelbase is bigger than the Ritz'(2360), so I am not too sure how and why you felt Ritz' rear seat longer than the Figo. I agree with the headrest thing though; also taller people (like yours truly) hit the roof often when the car's going through rough patches!!
I'm not sure why you said a longer wheelbase translates into wider rear seat, but yeah, I was thinking Figo had wider seats than a Ritz. Still have not sat on the rear bench of a Ritz though. I would indeed be surprised if the Ritz seats 3 more comfortably that the Figo.

Last edited by jayded : 18th January 2011 at 11:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks