Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 07:37   #3751
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Test drove the Tdci Figo and boy was I impressed. Almost felt as easy to drive as a petrol car. The steering was typical ford, precise, fast and superbly weighted. Interior space was quite good, infact much better than the Punto. The Punto had a better turbo pull but the figo was so linear in its response that it could have easily passed off as just another petrol car. The Punto felt a lot heavier and quite a bit of trouble to drive in the city. The major thing I noticed that not many reviewers have failed to mention, is the impressive and a commanding view of the road in front. Probably I have become used to the small front view along with an obtrusive side view of my Spark, hence I immediately noticed the difference. But this was way better than all the other cars I have test driven recently such as the Punto, Linea, City, swift and the Ford Ikon i regularly drive. Guys whats the best price ex Navi Mumbai, that I can expect for the Titanium Figo? I mean what are the discounts expected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Absolutely the best visibility that I have come across. Gives lot of confidence while driving.
The on-road in Pune is 6.21 Lacs (includes 3rd year extended warranty).
New Mumbai might be more by a few thousand, I guess.

No discounts in this part of India.
Go ahead. Lot of bhpians have mentioned about the road view. Since this is a very long post, late joiners tend to miss the whole thread. In my ownership thread I have clearly mentioned about this. The biggest positive of this car is the brilliant road view even though the A pillar causes a bit hinderance and need to be careful while doing ghat road driving especially blind right curves. As said, better go for Titanium - the best choice in the Figo Diesel stable.

The price diff is around 20k more than last year as per OTR at Pune.

GTO's review & offcourse this active thread is going to be 1 year old (25th Jan 2010) tomorrow... This thread is definitely a silent & aggressive Sales Person for Ford...
Old 24th January 2011, 11:01   #3752
Senior - BHPian

I get a pungent smell around the car when I cold start it, the smell is out side and ocassionally creeps inside the cabin too, anyone else with similar observations?

Completed second service, the SA is still not able to solve squeaks!! They are bluffing and I am getting pissed!!

Mileage figures seem to be settling at 16.5-17.5 in the city and 19-21 on the highways. These are the readings after 10K kms.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:02   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I get a pungent smell around the car when I cold start it, the smell is out side and ocassionally creeps inside the cabin too, anyone else with similar observations?

Completed second service, the SA is still not able to solve squeaks!! They are bluffing and I am getting pissed!!

Mileage figures seem to be settling at 16.5-17.5 in the city and 19-21 on the highways. These are the readings after 10K kms.
Haven't observed any such smell.
Did you check gemi's thread on how to solve the rear squeak? I heard from my SA that ford india has circulated the solution to all the dealers!

btw, Those are excellent mileage figures I should say!
Old 24th January 2011, 20:24   #3754
BHPian

Diesel Figopians, have you used IFTEX SYSTEM D when filling up your car? Have you observed any difference in terms of performance or mileage?

Some earlier posts say it is just a recommended thing, and not mandatory. So, I would like to know if there is a considerable advantage to use it on the Figo diesel?
Old 25th January 2011, 03:22   #3755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey anilsanil,
Your Figo's already done 10K
It seems like yesterday when we met at Satara and your car was brand new(well almost) and it was on the run back from Kaas to Satara that the first squeaks came in and now not only are you pissed but your car too is being used as a pissing post by one of the neighbourhood dogs Sorry, young friend just could not help it but that is what that pungent smell is and really there is no real cure for it except that you can try and park in a different spot.
Old 25th January 2011, 04:30   #3756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey anilsanil,
It seems like yesterday when we met at Satara and your car was brand new(well almost) and it was on the run back from Kaas to Satara that the first squeaks came in and now not only are you pissed but your car too is being used as a pissing post by one of the neighbourhood dogs Sorry, young friend just could not help it but that is what that pungent smell is and really there is no real cure for it except that you can try and park in a different spot.
if that problem were true it would be a quick fix!
anilisanil, have you filled in fuel from any different pump recently? try going to another pump and see if the problem persists. I assume no other additives there
Old 25th January 2011, 12:16   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey anilsanil,
Ha ha ha...I definitely face this problem
Every morning while removing the car cover, it will be wet near the tyres
Any easy solution for this?

Last edited by Zappo : 28th January 2011 at 00:42. Reason: Edited out the extra smiley. Stick to 2 smileys per post please.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:14   #3758
BHPian

@ Anilsanil : your mileage figures are baffling ! Excellent I must say. My figo at 7000 KM is still struggling with 14~15 average mileage. (City & Highway - split 75-25).

I don't know if its the car or the city - considering the inching traffic in mumbai.

@ all others : Any dedicated thread for Figo Mileage? please let me know
Old 26th January 2011, 20:50   #3759
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. I do get. I think it is because of overnight diesel stored in the fuel injection pump. The smell goes off before the engine reaches normal temperature. Hence this observation. Heard long back that even Honda New city customers too had some bad smell.
Need to try with other fuel pumps. Not yet tested HP even once. planned to do shortly.

If you have time, just do a check under the body in a local water wash centre. One SA told that once the car is clean the squeak disappears and comes back after dust/mud accumulates. Bit surprised Ford has not still come out a clear solution on this.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:03   #3760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. I do get. I think it is because of overnight diesel stored in the fuel injection pump. The smell goes off before the engine reaches normal temperature.
If the diesel is impure, you would get this smell - try a different fuel station.

The lower cetane [diesel] / octane [petrol] rating of the fuel causes this.
Old 26th January 2011, 23:32   #3761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. I do get. I think it is because of overnight diesel stored in the fuel injection pump. The smell goes off before the engine reaches normal temperature. Hence this observation. Heard long back that even Honda New city customers too had some bad smell.
Need to try with other fuel pumps. Not yet tested HP even once. planned to do shortly.

If you have time, just do a check under the body in a local water wash centre. One SA told that once the car is clean the squeak disappears and comes back after dust/mud accumulates. Bit surprised Ford has not still come out a clear solution on this.
The Honda never had a diesel engine. Besides, why would diesel in the fuel injection pump alone let out a smell at this rate all fuel pumps and all diesel vehicles should smell.

@anilsanil after what you explained over dinner earlier this evening I will talk to a few diesel mechanics that I know and get an answer. In my mind's eye though it still has to be a dog aiming for your radiator /condensor and when the fan turns sucking the air inwards a bit of odour creeps in to the cabin. Any way let me dig some more.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:42   #3762
BHPian

Guys, How do I get T-BHP stickers for my Figo? Can we request/order it from this site or do we get it done elsewhere?
Old 27th January 2011, 15:42   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Guys, How do I get T-BHP stickers for my Figo? Can we request/order it from this site or do we get it done elsewhere?
Hey Snazzy

The link to the Team-BHP Store from which you can order the stickers - The Team-BHP Shop

and once you have got the stickers on your car dont forget to post the pics on : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html

Cheers
Uday
Old 27th January 2011, 16:23   #3764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you asked the same question here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2186313

Quote:
TBHPians, How do I get a TBHP sticker for my car and what is the behavior code when we meet other TBHP cars?
It was answered by libran here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2187375

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You can buy the T-BHP stickers here :
The Team-BHP Shop

Instructions on how to purchase are in the FAQ section.

When you spot another BHPian, stop and say hi!
Old 27th January 2011, 19:22   #3765
BHPian

Had the 3rd service done for my Figo at 19000 odd kms from kairali ford tvm. Went to the service guys because the Figo had developed a throaty growl. This was not very prominent and noticed it only because i was also regularly driving the fiesta at TVM which was very refined in comparison to the Figo. Went to the service guys and they diagonised the issue as an idler failure in the powerbelt. This was rectified under warranty and service done. The total bill was 3047. The throaty growl has gone away after the fix.

The ford service guys did a good job of diagonising the issue and the experience was pleasant.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 27th January 2011 at 19:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks