Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 15:49   #6316
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have been ding this consistently for the last 2 years. Have not faced any issue. I think that is the only way to get some usable light from the Figo headlamp cluster. IMO anyone can continue using this without any kind of issues.
Gemi, you would just be reducing the bulb's lifespan. No issues as such. I have read this note of caution in my owner's manual, that both beams should not be used simultaneously for more than 30 seconds. (When both High and Low beam filaments are in the same bulb; Eg:Type H4 bulbs)
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 16:23   #6317
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there are radio advertisements announcing Figo's second birthday being celebrated throughout the month of March. Any idea what offers are running at the dealerships?
Old 15th March 2012, 17:02   #6318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Has anyone fixed a Cargo lamp in their Exi/Lxi? Does the wiring exist?
Would be of help to current Exi / LXi owners and prospective buyers too. Thx!
I also feel the need of a boot lamp and noticed a rubber cap. I thought to fit the LED bulbs which are available on dealextreme etc, but the main problem is the wiring harness and the switch. Ford doesn't sell it as an accessory.
Old 15th March 2012, 18:57   #6319
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I also feel the need of a boot lamp and noticed a rubber cap. I thought to fit the LED bulbs which are available on dealextreme etc, but the main problem is the wiring harness and the switch. Ford doesn't sell it as an accessory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Has anyone fixed a Cargo lamp in their Exi/Lxi? Does the wiring exist?
Would be of help to current Exi / LXi owners and prospective buyers too. Thx!
I got a battery parcel lamp (battery size 2X CR2025) fitted on the rubber cap. It illuminates well over the boot area. The images are in my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-club-13.html (post no 187,191 & 192)
The light was bought at Staples by my friend in US.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 20:31   #6320
BHPian

That's a cool and useful addition for your car. EXI owners would better understand the importance of it. Also, it looks flush and in sync due to the color and size. Please intimate us if you get any lead of such thing being sold here in India.
Old 15th March 2012, 22:03   #6321
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate, do post up the pictures once you take delivery of the car.

As for the bit about the utility of fog lamps, I would say that they do help. The difference is visible especially when the road ahead is not all that well lit.

But the price quoted for fog lamps is high, it should be 3K (all inclusive). The dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you, he could give reasons like they have to remove bumper etc & that entails a labor charge. But that's utter crap, you are buying the car from him & getting all of this stuff done at delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

Read comments that “figo lamps are not so powerful”. Adding bumper lamps (so called fog lamps) will help?

I am getting Figo EXI next week.

For fogs (bumper lights) quote was 3.8K
Old 16th March 2012, 01:43   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, there are radio advertisements announcing Figo's second birthday being celebrated throughout the month of March. Any idea what offers are running at the dealerships?
offers in only on petrol Figo. Free insurance for non LXI petrol vehciles. Thats all i heard from SP other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
But the price quoted for fog lamps is high, it should be 3K (all inclusive). The dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you, he could give reasons like they have to remove bumper etc & that entails a labor charge. But that's utter crap, you are buying the car from him & getting all of this stuff done at delivery.
Thanks blackfire. i have one easy trick to do. I call up Bangalore Cavuvery Ford and ask "what is the offer/price" they say the price and i will negotiate with Mangalore Branch. Even while buying i did that. They dint offer me first corporate offer of 4K. Called BLR branch and asked for offer. Called back to Mangalore dealership and asked for same offer saying "your Bangalore branch offers it". i will use same trick for this as well, lets see how it works.

SP told, sir for 4K we will fit garware sunfilm. i know that was a joke. Silently went to accessories dept when SP was attending some one and asked what is the price of garware, i want for my car. He told 2K odd. I told how about 3M. He said 3.5K. i told "ok then have 3M fitted to my car"

BTW i read that after market speakers dont fit in figo properly. i asked for the quote and dealer said 1.5K per speaker (6K for 4). Are they good? I need simple music system setup no high bass woofer etc.
Old 16th March 2012, 09:46   #6323
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate,

First of all, this dealership seems to be running their operations just about any way they see fit. Why aren't they letting the consumer know the correct prices first-hand & why do you have to go back to them after checking at other places?

I suggest that you report this matter to Ford India & ask them for an explanation. Also, isn't there some other dealer in your locality? This looks like daylight robbery, imagine what would happen tomorrow when your car goes in for service & routine repairs.

Anyhow, about the question on speakers, after-market speakers are available for the Fords as well. You just need to check which companies manufacture models in 5*7 & if they are available at your place or not. Kenwood makes these sizes & it is Kenwood only that's provided as OEM in Figo. This would be the best VFM speaker you could get for the Figo since other brands such as ID, GZ etc could come in quite expensive.

Also, get the speakers outside, you would get them much cheaper. But what about the HU? Does the EXI have it already? And then what about the wiring? Is it laid down so that all you need to do is affix the speakers at their positions in the doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
BTW i read that after market speakers dont fit in figo properly. i asked for the quote and dealer said 1.5K per speaker (6K for 4). Are they good? I need simple music system setup no high bass woofer etc.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 10:04   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Are you sure the wiring does not exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I got a battery parcel lamp (battery size 2X CR2025) fitted on the rubber cap. It illuminates well over the boot area. The images are in my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-club-13.html (post no 187,191 & 192)
The light was bought at Staples by my friend in US.
That is really neat RGK. Any idea what the application of these lights may be? That would help us search for it in the Indian market.I may be wrong, but it kind of looks like those focus lights for exhibiting stuff in your hall/office showcase etc. Still does not answer the 'twist to ON' part.

BTW I called up another ford Showroom guy, and he said it can be retrofit. He said he would call back today to confirm if it can be done and the price n all. Will keep you ppl posted.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:53   #6325
BHPian

I haven't checked whether the wiring exists or not. I could see a bunch of wires going through that area but non of them were exposed or had a connector/plug option.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:16   #6326
BHPian

You can't retro fit the boot lamp on EXi. Already checked with my a.s.s, they say they complete wiring needs to be changed as the wiring kit is different for Zxi & Titanium. Pretty stupid, Ford should have atleast used the same wiring so that we EXi owners can then pay separately for the lamp.
Old 16th March 2012, 22:52   #6327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate,

Congrats on the decision, it is a wise purchase. What's the colour?

Do keep a track of the ODO reading on the car & also share this little detail here.

What is the final price & deal offered to you?

Drive safe.

Thanks mate, well I am a Silver Guy.. The odo read 14 km at delivery since the RTO is about 6-7 KM from the stock yard. I must admit that having purchased several cars in last 10 yrs, this was one of the most pleasant and quickest deliveries I would have taken.

The price was close to 6.40 on road delhi for Titanium Model with 17k Accessories/warranty free. Also , now the price would go up due to excise duty hike so I feel its wasnt a bad last minute choice to buy a diesel. In the end only Liva and Figo were the readily available diesels and I had literally no hesitation in choosing the latter owing to a more complete package.

Got the car in 3 days of booking which speaks about the matter of luck I had buying this, luckily most of my cars have been delivered within 2 days of payment irrespective of market waiting periods.

My initial driving impressions suggest better NVH than all 1.3 L Engines including Suzuki , Fiat and Tata motors. The handling is typical Ford and also it felt isolated from road noise once the windows were rolled up.

AC is an absolute chiller, the other controls will take a bit time getting used to because of their soft nature. Space is pretty ample for large frames .

I was pleased to read about GC issue rectification and some headlight tweaks in post Sep 11 models and fortunately didnt touch any speed breakers on my way home. Anyways, a nice long weekend coming up, I shall go for a long drive and stretch its legs.
Old 16th March 2012, 23:04   #6328
BHPian

Nowadays with the temperatures soaring I feel the AC isnt working as it used to earlier. My car has done 12.8k kms.
Should i get the AC checked? Or is it just the weather? Im missing the instant chilling effect of the AC in the earlier days.
Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 16th March 2012, 23:17   #6329
Senior - BHPian

Silver does look terrific on the Figo. I went in for their panther black colour, though my second option had been silver only.

14km is awesome, but where did you buy the car from? Was it Harpreet, Gurgaon or some other dealer? I ask because Harpreet Ford has their stockyard at Kapasheda & all their stock first arrives there only. I have a feeling you got your car from Astro Ford, Dwaraka.

Do take her out & start piling miles on her. I have done only about 250kms in the past 10 days but I can already feel her opening up nice. But make it a point to let the car experience all sorts of traffic.

Lastly, post some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post

Thanks mate, well I am a Silver Guy.. The odo read 14 km at delivery since the RTO is about 6-7 KM from the stock yard. I must admit that having purchased several cars in last 10 yrs, this was one of the most pleasant and quickest deliveries I would have taken.

Got the car in 3 days of booking
Old 17th March 2012, 14:30   #6330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Nowadays with the temperatures soaring I feel the AC isnt working as it used to earlier. My car has done 12.8k kms.
Should i get the AC checked? Or is it just the weather? Im missing the instant chilling effect of the AC in the earlier days.
Has anyone else faced this issue?
I feel the same with the Liva as well. More to do with the dark interiors.
I am not sure if you have installed sunfilm, but if you haven't, might I recommend get some. I personally feel a huge difference after the sunfilm installation.
Also, do check the 'AC gas' as the mechanics called it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks