Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2012, 10:58   #6376
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Since your car has run only around 10k kms, the AC filter change wasn't required. It is very much washable and becomes new after a wash/clean. Did you notice any change in the drive after this service?
The adviser insisted on simple cleaning, but I didn't mind paying 180 odd bucks for the change of A/C filter.

I believe that since most of the time the A/C is in recirculation mode and we tend to breath in the same air, this makes the filter work a lot in keeping the dirt and other harmful particles away from us. So a change was must. Overall it keeps the A/C system running smooth and healthy w/o any stale air.

I even got the replaced parts (old air filter and old A/C filter) back.
Old 25th March 2012, 22:18   #6377
Senior - BHPian

Which oil does Bhagat Ford use in Chandigarh? Any idea or hint about they might be putting in into the 1.4 diesel motor?
Also, I feel that the labour cost are a little high compared to other players.

By the way, I am curious to know as to why you didn't go in for a petrol instead? You could have gotten a Fiesta 1.6 in the same price. Just asking because I am curious to know if your handle on TBhp also holds some literal meaning in your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Got the 3rd paid service (20k) done at 10082 kms on 24th March 2012 (March 2010 model, 1.4 TDCi). My car doesn't move out much from the garage, thanks to my walking distance to office and my Bullet. So it is mostly weekend drives that makes the odometer tick.

Total bill came out to 3837 INR

Breakup

Consumables cost: 1910.63 INR
Labor Cost: 1530 INR
Service Tax: 157.59 INR
VAT: 238.83 INR

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 25th March 2012 at 22:25.
Old 26th March 2012, 08:14   #6378
Senior - BHPian

The booming turbo noise has disappeared on the retrn trip from Chennai. Thank god I didnot visit Ford A.S.S.
Old 26th March 2012, 10:28   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Which oil does Bhagat Ford use in Chandigarh? Any idea or hint about they might be putting in into the 1.4 diesel motor?
Also, I feel that the labour cost are a little high compared to other players.

By the way, I am curious to know as to why you didn't go in for a petrol instead? You could have gotten a Fiesta 1.6 in the same price. Just asking because I am curious to know if your handle on TBhp also holds some literal meaning in your life
Its because we still own a 29 year old Isuzu Gemini 1817cc Diesel beauty (imported from Japan) which still gives 16 kmpl in city and 18 kmpl on the highway. It has an original engine which hasn't been opened till date.

So the fact we have used only diesel vehicle which has given us very good service coupled with low cost of diesel and high mileage made me go in for a diesel than a petrol.

Old habits die hard.

For the pics, click here or visit my garage.

I didnt go in for a sedan as I required a hatchback and I dont think for 5.3 Lacs, I would have got a Fiesta 1.6

As for the engine oil, I don't have the idea which brand they are using.
Old 26th March 2012, 15:41   #6380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I can think of the following things-
1. AC filter clogged (if you want to check it as DIY, check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html)
2. Thermostat cutting off too often (you can check it by noticing if your engine doesn't get strained as it should have been when AC is on)

I've been thinking since long time to get sunfilms on my Figo because even during winters, I need AC! The only problem is price. I need tint on all windows + windscreen + hatch glass. The cost might go north of 30k. It would be cheaper to simply run AC. What do you think?
Thanks for the link mate. Will get the cleaning done soon. This Bangalore weather is just getting hotter each day. My ac isn't cooling that well. Taking a lot of time to cool even today it took around 5-6 minutes to bring down the temperature. Earlier it used to be within 2 minutes ice cool.

And yes the sun films do help but I dont notice much difference. I guess I'd need to put darker ones.

Also about your "Downshift to Overtake" procedure, you'd also have noticed that once it reaches 100, the tacho as well as the speedometer climb steadily. What I sometimes try is go behind the truck if Im not able to catch up with it from the sides. That reduces drag and Im able to catch up with it faster. Once Im close enough my speed would have already increased a lot enabling me to overtake it without downshifting. As sometimes downshifting may also result in jerks and slowing down. Just my honest 2 cents

P.s how much mileage are you getting out of your car? For the last two fills Ive been getting 17.37kmpl city and highway combined using the tankful to tankful technique.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:52   #6381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
And yes the sun films do help but I dont notice much difference. I guess I'd need to put darker ones.
Well the colour of sunfilm has nothing to do with the heat rejection ability of the film.

CR70 from 3M looks almost transparent but rejects heat very well, and blocks 99% of the UV and IR rays.

Suggest you try out 3M CS series for the windows n rear glass. This along with CR70 for front windshield is doing a gr8 job on my Linea. You can get them done in hsr layout 3M car care if you live close by.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 20:15   #6382
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for all the inputs on Figo. I got my Figo on 23rd on Ugadi festival. Sorry was busy going around so could not update team bhp. Already Odometer reads 300 kms in 4 days.
Biggest relief is the Mileage. Approximate calculation says FE is around 18-20 with 90% AC. Especially after driving petrol cars, this FE is super fantastic.

On the day I brought it home, it was terribly bouncy. My mom complained that I can’t sit any more in this car. She said our 12 year old zen has better ride than this. I was like totally shocked. Asked my cousin to drive on some bad roads and I too felt that ride was bumpy. For a moment I felt utter waste of 6L. It was just throwing off the occupant while going on rough patch of road. I somehow guessed that tyre must have been over inflated when dispatched from factory ( even my mom said so LOL). Same evening went to fuel station and checked the tyre pressure. The moments before person checked tyre pressure I skipped couple of heart beats but when it read 35PSI, I was so happy and was like “Yesss, there lies the problem”. So all 4 tyres were at 35 PSI. Deflated them back to 30 PSI. And there was lot of difference in ride quality. Next day went close to 80 kms on good roads. Awesome to drive, AC is too good even without tinted glasses. My mom dint complain anything at all next day. I was like “Phew, worth investing 6L on a depreciating asset”

Same night went for another 70 kms ride. This time roads are badly patched ones. Ride was okay but still bouncy above 40-50kmph.

Next day continued with tyre pressure experimenting. Reduced pressure by 2 more PSI to 28. Yesterday went on same bad patch of road at 28 PSI and the ride is not so bumpy now. I feel like reducing 2 more PSI now

Now a question on tyre upgrade. If I upgrade tyres to say better one say Yokohama S-drive or Bridge Stone Potenza or XM-1 (185 vs current 175) will there be appreciable change in the ride quality at rear?
I met friend of mine who has upgraded rear two tyres of his Fiesta to Good year 195 (not sure what is the stock size) claims that there is change is road grip. Also there is change is ride quality after changing it?

I was checking for car cover and found LED scuff plates as well. Any one has got it from E-bay? I see that they are connected to dome light of car. Will there be any warranty issue if we get it fitted to car? Do they look elegant or look too flashy for figo ?

Car Door Sill Scuff Plate for Ford Figo With Blue LED | eBay

Here is a car cover that I found on ebay. Good enough or should I go for one from showroom? I am afraid cheaper one might cause some scratches on car

Car Cover Ford Figo Brand New | eBay

Have taken pics but have forgotten camera at native. I will post pics in detailed ownership thread next week. For time being I feel, i have invested 6L very wisely on a car which is total value for money. Hoping to continue the same feel in coming years.
Old 26th March 2012, 20:42   #6383
BHPian

195 would be an overkill for a figo. If you really want to up-grade go for 185's. Frankly the stock size is just sufficient for the car. Look the the competition and you'll be relived. I have decided to upgrade at next tyre change and keep the stock tyres till the end of their life. IMO there won't be any change in ride quality if you don't change the sidewall configuration. You would experience better grip levels and decrease in road noise (If you go for better rubber).

Also 28 psi is too low for the car. It may damage your tyre sidewalls if you bump on pot holes @ high speeds. Try to maintain the minimum pressure of 30 psi overall.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 26th March 2012 at 20:43.
Old 26th March 2012, 20:55   #6384
BANNED

The Ford Figo Diesel is really one of the best cars to be manufactured in India. It is not in the least flimsy or 'rattlesome', has amazing steering feedback and has a fair ride. The best part about the car is, as GTO mentioned in the opening post, is the absolute lack of turbolag. That I feel is the most important virtue for a city car. I have driven cars like the old Verna, Optra TDCi etc but they all suffer from turbolag and become tiring to drive around in bumper to bumper traffic.

If only Ford could spruce up the interiors with some more class and offer a wee bit more top end for a small price increase, the car would meet my entire expectations.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:15   #6385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
195 would be an overkill for a figo. If you really want to up-grade go for 185's.

Also 28 psi is too low for the car. It may damage your tyre sidewalls if you bump on pot holes @ high speeds. Try to maintain the minimum pressure of 30 psi overall.
Thanks for the input. Yeah Fiesta owner was just saying that ride quality was better after 195 upgrade. So I was thinking if is good to upgrade my Figo to 185 for better ride. All that i want is while gong over bad road at 40-50 kmph, it should not bump the rear passenger. So according to above post i infer that ride quality at 30 PSI is the best we can get out of Figo irrespective of upgrade. The upgrade to better tyre will only increase grip and lessen road noise. Correct me if my understanding is wrong

Btw when we say road noise, is this the "Buzzzzz" humming sound that we get in car (other than engine sound). In our old zen there was so much noise from here and there that when i sit in figo with all windows rolled up, its silent and I just here this buzz noise.Its been too long that i sat in big/premium cars so I am unable to differentiate between the road noise (tyre noise) and noise that i generally get to hear inside figo. Some times it will be kind of resonance noise. is this due to parcel tray or lose window or something? Is this normal. Figo owners kindly advice.

Quote:
If only Ford could spruce up the interiors with some more class and offer a wee bit more top end for a small price increase, the car would meet my entire expectations.
totally agree. The interior are not up to the mark. I am willing to pay 10K more if they had offered better interior and some more money if they had given option of rear power window. But missing Taco in EXI is really bad. Ford must give that essential basic equipment in LXI. Instead they removed even from EXI now

Last edited by recshenoy : 26th March 2012 at 21:18.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:24   #6386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for all the inputs on Figo. I got my Figo on 23rd on Ugadi festival. Sorry was busy going around so could not update team bhp. Already Odometer reads 300 kms in 4 days.
Biggest relief is the Mileage. Approximate calculation says FE is around 18-20 with 90% AC. Especially after driving petrol cars, this FE is super fantastic.
Congrats Recshenoy, good choice I must say, I got mine on 7th march and enjoying every bit of it. I chose apollo accelleres and I am fairly happy with their performance. Keeping the pressure at 32 for now.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:39   #6387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Also the rattling sound happened to me too. It's a simple fix. All they do is remove the inside panels of the c-pillar and put some double sided tape to remove the rattling sound. It's been over a couple of months till date and the rattling sound did not appear again.
hey, what kind of rattling you are you referring to? I have a less than 3wk old Diesel Figo and I get this weird rattle that happens only at ~1300 rpm while on the move on all gears but cant seem to locate where it is coming from, kinda annoying if the music is not loud.

Moderators sorry about back to back posts, couldn't edit the earlier one as its an hr apart.
Old 27th March 2012, 02:57   #6388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey, what kind of rattling you are you referring to? I have a less than 3wk old Diesel Figo and I get this weird rattle that happens only at ~1300 rpm while on the move on all gears but cant seem to locate where it is coming from, kinda annoying if the music is not loud.

Moderators sorry about back to back posts, couldn't edit the earlier one as its an hr apart.
It's a rattle which you get from the C pillar inside panels rubbing against the mental body at the clipping points. It was sorted by the A.S.S in minutes time. If you are getting any rattling sound from the front, It should ideally be some loose coins in the dash or in any of the pockets. It could also be from the cabin lamp holder. I get a rattle from the cabin lamp assy. Should fix that some how.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:13   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

Well the colour of sunfilm has nothing to do with the heat rejection ability of the film.

CR70 from 3M looks almost transparent but rejects heat very well, and blocks 99% of the UV and IR rays.

Suggest you try out 3M CS series for the windows n rear glass. This along with CR70 for front windshield is doing a gr8 job on my Linea. You can get them done in hsr layout 3M car care if you live close by.
Thanks for the input hsr layout is very close to where i stay.thats wonderful. Thanks for the 3M address.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:20   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

Try getting your figo checked by the ford guys. Mine too had a particular rattle at a particular rpm. Problem was detected as rubbing of metal fuel pipes in the engine compartment. These pipes are behind the diesel fuel filter and the fuse box (behind the battery) just close to the firewall which separates the engine from the sitting area. The guy increased the gap between the pipes and the problem was sorted out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks