Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th May 2011, 14:19   #106
BHPian

Default Re: First Drive: Skoda Fabia F/L 1.6 petrol

Thank you all for the sincere empathy indeed. Really needed it. Anyway, I'm back in the office today trying to put a smile on my face, but it just gets washed away every time some geek stops by and asks, "Where's the sweets? Where's your new car?".... Grrr! The dealer said he can get a temporary plate for which I need to pay an additional 2500rs, damn ! I'd rather wait a few more days and contribute that money to the rear polk audio coaxials I'm planning for the fabia. :P
mempheS.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 20:38   #107
BHPian

Guys, finally took delivery of my Fab 1.6. Used her for a week in the city & took her on the Kolhapur highway for a spin. I was blown away by the driving dynamics of this vehicle. I had a Palio earlier but the I must say the Fabia 1.6 changed my mind completely. Driving is effortless, just tap the throttle & point her in the direction you want to go. Kept the RPM's below 4k, touched 130kmph & it felt like we were doing much less, say 80-90kmph.
I will post a complete review this weekend.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 09:19   #108
BHPian

@mb_jg: Congratulations on the new arrival and all the best for many smiling miles. What color is it - Cap Biege ?
Great to see that you are enjoying the ride on highway. Take her to Mahabaleshwar and you'll just love those winding hill roads.
rajcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 13:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
@mempheS.D: The stock CD player plays MP3 CDs. There is no USB support. However, there's an Aux port provided near the handbrake and you can conveniently play songs from your ipod or cell phone through a compatible cable.
Hey!!
I have a Skoda FAbia 1.6 petrol (owned by my father). There is an Aux connection under the handbrake. but how do I activate the AUX mode to listen to songs from my iPod on the speakers? The service guys have said that one cannot listen to songs from the iPod as the audio system does not have an AUX mode. Is this true? Been trying to get an answer... Please mail me at irb911@gmail.com

Rgds,
Indraneel Bhat
Indraneel Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 15:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
@mb_jg: Congratulations on the new arrival and all the best for many smiling miles. What color is it - Cap Biege ?
Great to see that you are enjoying the ride on highway. Take her to Mahabaleshwar and you'll just love those winding hill roads.
Thanks bud, yep, it's the Cap Beige color. I will be taking her for a long drive very soon.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
Hey!!
I have a Skoda FAbia 1.6 petrol (owned by my father). There is an Aux connection under the handbrake. but how do I activate the AUX mode to listen to songs from my iPod on the speakers? The service guys have said that one cannot listen to songs from the iPod as the audio system does not have an AUX mode. Is this true? Been trying to get an answer... Please mail me at irb911@gmail.com

Rgds,
Indraneel Bhat
Ofcourse you can play your IPOD via the AUX input. Just press the last button on the console with the music icon.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:36   #112
DNS
BHPian

Hi,

I test drove the 1.6 petrol fabia, and was impressed with the ride and steering. Car felt well planted and sturdy, a good base for a project car.

Has anyone done a TC job on this engine? be it in the fabia or the polo.

Do let me know, am very interested in starting this project.

Thanks,
DNS
DNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 16:11   #113
BHPian

Sorry to see no recent update on this thread! Even if the car is discontinued, it should still be owned by many like me.

A die-hard admirer of my Fabia 1.6. I'm still looking for a car in this segment or one segment above which can instill the kind of confidence this tank can do!

Would like to write if there is any audience/user left in this thread owning this car.
kbishwa is offline   Reply With Quote