Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 17:53   #1
BHPian
 
Coooolcat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nagpur,Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Hello Everbody,
Having updated my visits to the forests in my log Decade old Nostalgia Relived “Tiger’s own land"
I decided it was time to get back to the jungles again. So lets begin our journey to Kanha national park via Pench tiger reserve

Why do we do the things that we do ? Why do people like us pack, bag-baggage, family and kids, this time rushing my son directly from the Class year end play directly with make-up and all (leaving everyone on the way wondering why your four year old was dressed to be a grand-pa with painted grey hair and all ??) into the blue (actually brown) yonder?

What drives us to make do with not so comfortable beds, clean loos, insect and rodent infestations in the middle of no-where ? Sit in a vehicle with seats and suspension that must be almost illegal to use if such laws were in the hands of any half decent Orthopedic ?? The suspension must have been designed in the first world war (I know for a fact this is true) but the icing on the cake is this crude gas-cut MS plate more crudely welded on to the frame of the forward seat frame that slowly but precisely skins your knees from side to side and up and down, have these guys not heard of rounding sharp edges and grinding lumpy weld joints even ??? I know I am taking along knee pads the next time round

What drives us to happily eat dust from the vehicles ahead, peering sometimes into the shrubbery ahead or straining our necks to the branches above??

What makes us get up at an unearthly hour of 4.45 in the morn so that you can have baby, hubby and self ready in that order so that you can be standing near the gol-ghar at 5.50 waiting for the gypsy to arrive hopefully at 6

Is it for this..

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-dsc00302.jpg

Or this..

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-dsc002201.jpg

Even this..

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-dsc00266.jpg

And all this with a sappy look of anticipation like this..

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-dsc00271.jpg

I do not have the answers to my own questions,all i know is it makes us immensely happy, we are saddened by the end of each outing to the great outdoors and the only thing that perks us up is the anticipation and planning for the next trip..
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 18:00   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Well well, thats one hell of a question. Even tougher than the one Amitabh asked Shashi Kapoor in Deewar

Answers may not be there, but the quest remains, eh? I was wondering why the other thread is not updated for long, but then saw your posts in Dr's and Faizal sa'ab's thread about your visits. So was anticipating this thread.

Great way to start...
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 21:46   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

OMG...what an unique way to start a travelogue? All those minute things that you mentioned and we wildlife enthusiasts endure and make others (read accompanying family members) suffer, never hit till you actually put it in black & white.

I'm glued to this thread... Bring it on...
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 07:03   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 624 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
Hello Everbody,
Why do we do the things that we do ?
Coooolcat21,
This is called.....Lull before the storm.
What I am anticipating is a beautiful travelogue unfold here with a comprehensive write up, photographs and passion.
Nice panoramas, will keep coming back for more.
Bracing myself for the storm.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 07:57   #5
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

it's Cat vs Wild Cat.
The time you switched on the ignition and hit that gas pedal while starting this thread, we all got glued to your posts and ready to see beauty of nature through your windscreen...
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:33   #6
BHPian
 
Coooolcat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nagpur,Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Well well, thats one hell of a question. Even tougher than the one Amitabh asked Shashi Kapoor in Deewar

Answers may not be there, but the quest remains, eh? I was wondering why the other thread is not updated for long, but then saw your posts in Dr's and Faizal sa'ab's thread about your visits. So was anticipating this thread.

Great way to start...
Thank you so much for following my previous log.
Its the quest that shall keep us going back, over and over again.
regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
OMG...what an unique way to start a travelogue? All those minute things that you mentioned and we wildlife enthusiasts endure and make others (read accompanying family members) suffer, never hit till you actually put it in black & white.

I'm glued to this thread... Bring it on...
Sir,
The intoxicating experience of the jungles always dulls down the little details of the pains one goes thru. But then when you travel with children these details become more obvious.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Coooolcat21,
This is called.....Lull before the storm.
What I am anticipating is a beautiful travelogue unfold here with a comprehensive write up, photographs and passion.
Nice panoramas, will keep coming back for more.
Bracing myself for the storm.
Regards,
Sir,
Thank you so much.
I ll try to do my best and hope to live up to your expectations.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
it's Cat vs Wild Cat.
The time you switched on the ignition and hit that gas pedal while starting this thread, we all got glued to your posts and ready to see beauty of nature through your windscreen...
Thank you
Regards
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 10:20   #7
BHPian
 
Coooolcat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nagpur,Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Last year around the same time we were in Bandhavgarh and had a great time. But on our way back there seemed something was lacking, we were missing Kanha national Park and that was when we decided that it would be kanha in year 2011. Finally feb 2011 arrives and we did our bookings well in advance, then just 2 days ahead of our trip we decide to do 2 safaris in Pench on the way to Kanha.
Immediately we do our bookings with Mp tourism for Pench as we are Mp tourism resort loyalists.
We arrive at Pench at 1pm and are greeted by cheerfull staff and given the same rooms as we had stayed 2 years earlier. Also informed that there was an elephant show in the morning safar and everyone had the opportunity to see collarwali with her 5 cubs. The excitement secertly built within us. We rested our bags in place and geared up for the safari. Had lunch at the resturant which tastes the same in all Mp tourism resorts.
As we had booked the resort gypsy ,they had taken care of the entry tickets too.
We arrive well before time at the gates .
Inspired by the ongoing logs on Pench by our wildlife veterons we enter the gates with an open mind to relish the forest.
But then collarwali would be more than welcome to visit us.

The gates that open up our urban minds to peace and serenity

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-1.jpg

Already on the watch

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-2.jpg

The paths that lead to our happiness

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-3.jpg

Free ride? The tree pie surely seems to enjoy it.
These pictures are in sequence, very tough for me to choose the best. To me each pic has its own identy and soul to it.


Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-4.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-5.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-6.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-7.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-8.jpg

And the path leads on..

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-9.jpg
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 10:29   #8
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 928 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Amazing pictures ! The ones of the tree pie on the deer's head are so beautiful and heart warming. It just reminds you of the deep synergies in a forest which we humans so easily choose to gloss over and end up decimating it all so heartlessly

Thanks for the treat
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 12:54   #9
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Brilliant start as always.. Looking forward to this one. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love the way your travelogues shape up. And great snaps too!

And the question is very apt for us wildlife enthusiasts.. I myself dont know why I go to national parks and forests as often as I do.

When time permits I will post one soon of my recent trip to Manas National park in Assam.

Last edited by sarmarishi : 9th March 2011 at 12:55.
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 13:17   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 624 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Can feel the strong winds. It will be sometime before we are in the eye of the storm.
A beautiful photograph of different species coexisting.
Is that a Nikon 10X50 ?

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 9th March 2011 at 13:28.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 13:47   #11
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 748
Thanked: 227 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Cooolcat, another great travelouge. I always wonder, when would I do these? I enjoyed all your previous TL's & would surely enjoy this one too. 5*'s for your TL again. Keep those jungle adventures coming.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 14:34   #12
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

BTW what lens do you use? The bokeh on the deer and tree-pie snaps are simply awesome! Did you do some post processing as well?
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 14:50   #13
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 928 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

This is such an intensely beautiful photograph. Just see the comfort level between them. They know they are good for each other. Surely they can know Man is good for them too, if only he tried to actually be good to them !

DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 18:26   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

+1.
This photograph is immensely comforting. Everything is in perfect harmony!!
What was the gear in use? Bokeh is superb.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 22:05   #15
BHPian
 
Coooolcat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nagpur,Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Amazing pictures ! The ones of the tree pie on the deer's head are so beautiful and heart warming. It just reminds you of the deep synergies in a forest which we humans so easily choose to gloss over and end up decimating it all so heartlessly

Thanks for the treat
Sir,
Thank you so much,posting few more pics of the free ride,hope you like them.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Brilliant start as always.. Looking forward to this one. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love the way your travelogues shape up. And great snaps too!

And the question is very apt for us wildlife enthusiasts.. I myself dont know why I go to national parks and forests as often as I do.

When time permits I will post one soon of my recent trip to Manas National park in Assam.
Thank you so much for following my logs.
It will be interesting to have more logs on wildlife sanctuary which are not as popular as the Tiger reserves of MP.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Can feel the strong winds. It will be sometime before we are in the eye of the storm.
A beautiful photograph of different species coexisting.
Is that a Nikon 10X50 ?
Sir,
Thank you so much, the storm shall gain a steady and calmer momentum as the growls were resting. Have used Canon 50D with 28-80mm and 100-400mm L sries lens.
Regards


Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Cooolcat, another great travelouge. I always wonder, when would I do these? I enjoyed all your previous TL's & would surely enjoy this one too. 5*'s for your TL again. Keep those jungle adventures coming.
Thank you for your appreciation .
Lots more to come.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
BTW what lens do you use? The bokeh on the deer and tree-pie snaps are simply awesome! Did you do some post processing as well?
Thank you.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
+1.
This photograph is immensely comforting. Everything is in perfect harmony!!
What was the gear in use? Bokeh is superb.
Thank you
Regards

Taking good pictures in the wild has more to do with luck , being at the right time at the right place.
But ofcourse its the jungles who decide if they want to grace us with such moments or not.
We happened to be lucky with the free riders.

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-img_0005.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-img_0011.jpg

Reflections on Wildlife Addictions "Pench and Kanha National Park"-img_00191.jpg

Last edited by Coooolcat21 : 9th March 2011 at 22:20.
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park. joshuakeys Travelogues 10 18th September 2016 22:50
Photologue: Pench & Kanha National Park AJ-got-BHP Travelogues 22 13th August 2016 14:05
Reflections on Driving addictions - Valparai Coooolcat21 Travelogues 34 23rd October 2012 09:38
Jungles of MP: Pench National Park in May sach.sri Travelogues 37 21st June 2012 12:58
To Kanha National Park from Gurgaon EngineOil Route / Travel Queries 3 10th March 2011 21:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks