Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi when i bought my car 4 months ago, i was told by the dealer that the car came with MRF, i requested to change it to Michelin, it was done w/o any extra cost to me.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:05   #17
BHPian

Re: ANHC..what's your Tyre OEM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi when i bought my car 4 months ago, i was told by the dealer that the car came with MRF, i requested to change it to Michelin, it was done w/o any extra cost to me.
I went to the stockyard of the dealer today. They did not have Michelins for the VMT I have ordered, but had Michelins present on some SMT models. When I asked for a change, he refused to do so saying that they are not allowed to. Also, he said that if I upsize to 195, the warranty will be void. Any truth in this claim?
Old 15th December 2010, 15:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
I went to the stockyard of the dealer today. They did not have Michelins for the VMT I have ordered, but had Michelins present on some SMT models. When I asked for a change, he refused to do so saying that they are not allowed to. Also, he said that if I upsize to 195, the warranty will be void. Any truth in this claim?
Same thing happened to me, I asked to change mine from MRF to Michelin, but they were only available on VMT and not on SMT. Sales representative told me they can't change from Alloy to non-alloy as VMT needs wheel balancing to be done and needs be recorded it in the database against the vehicle. This would call for a probe from Honda (need to do on brand new vehicle). He tried talking to his superiors but that didn't help.

An upgrade of the tyres voids the warranty on the suspension,
Old 15th December 2010, 15:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Same thing happened to me, I asked to change mine from MRF to Michelin, but they were only available on VMT and not on SMT. Sales representative told me they can't change from Alloy to non-alloy as VMT needs wheel balancing to be done and needs be recorded it in the database against the vehicle. This would call for a probe from Honda (need to do on brand new vehicle). He tried talking to his superiors but that didn't help.

An upgrade of the tyres voids the warranty on the suspension,
Thanks for the quick reply Raghu. given this scenario, how advisable is it to go for the upsize? I can see that a good deal of Team-BHPians have gone for the tyre upsize. Even GTO has reccomended upsizing tyres for ANHC in one post. Is it a risk worth taking? Since my driving would entain a considerable percentage of highway travel, so Im quite keen to change the tyres.
Old 15th December 2010, 16:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Raghu. given this scenario, how advisable is it to go for the upsize? I can see that a good deal of Team-BHPians have gone for the tyre upsize. Even GTO has reccomended upsizing tyres for ANHC in one post. Is it a risk worth taking? Since my driving would entain a considerable percentage of highway travel, so Im quite keen to change the tyres.
Honda cribs for any changes, that's a known fact.

Since many have changed and opted, I think it's a risk worth taking. But let the owners respond with pros and cons of the same.
Old 18th December 2010, 11:55   #21
BHPian

ANHC comes with MRF/GoodYear/Michelin as OE tires.
I could get Michelin as OE tires for the SMT.
Although Michelin is the best among the choices, it is only XM1 and not XM1+.
Could any other members who have confirmed the tires as XM1+ confirm whether they really have XM1+.
Honda is fuzzy with any changes and offers 4 years warranty.
I have decided to live with XM1 until at least 4 years and then move over to primacy or other such latest tires available at that time.
I have XM1 on my WagonR for the last 4.5 years and have logged 32K Km and have not had any problem and the tread will last at least another 15K Km.

HC
Old 18th December 2010, 13:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

I got michelin XM1+ with the car.The car orignally came with goodyears but they

swapped it with some other car lying in the yard for michelins.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:09   #23

Hi cityvic, did you purchase your ANHC in Kolkata, if yes from which dealer? My father is purchasing the Honda ANHC as well, and is being offered the Goodyears, which are best avoided. Since your dealer offered to change the tire, would be good to know as we are in the same situation as you!

Thanks much!
Old 27th August 2011, 19:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_wild View Post
Hi cityvic, did you purchase your ANHC in Kolkata, if yes from which dealer? My father is purchasing the Honda ANHC as well, and is being offered the Goodyears, which are best avoided. Since your dealer offered to change the tire, would be good to know as we are in the same situation as you!

Thanks much!
Nowadays it is very rare to see ANHC's with Michelin XM1.
Honda has reduced Michelin and now more of MRF ZVTV and Goodyear GT3.
Which model of ANHC are you planning to buy?
If it is V-MT or V-AT you have a good chance of getting a Michelin if you are lucky.

HC
Old 27th August 2011, 19:19   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
If it is V-MT or V-AT you have a good chance of getting a Michelin if you are lucky.

HC
Hey HC, my father completed the purchase about 2 weeks back. The variant is V-MT Exclusive and came with Goodyears. We could not persuade the dealership to switch tires as they kept insisting the warranty would be void if tires are switched. As a rationale they offered the theory that since the warranty is only applicable on the accessories whose serial numbers are mentioned in the PDI book (assuming some sort of internal Honda document), any tire whose serial does not match the PDI book would not receive the warranty.

Thoroughly frustrated with this news!! Dad decided to stick with the Goodyears till they wear out (a day I am sure is not too far away).

So there you go, the most expensive manual transmission version too receives the least worthy set of tires. Honda did give dad some discounts, but we are now hoping we do not find cost-cutting in every nook and corner of the car! Such things as a cheap battery tend to show up within a 4-year 1st-ownership I guess.
Old 28th August 2011, 00:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post

HC
Two weeks ago my brother got his new AHNC S-MT.
They came with Michelin.
Old 28th August 2011, 10:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Two weeks ago my brother got his new AHNC S-MT.
They came with Michelin.
If Michelin's came originally with S-MT, then you are lucky indeed
Sometimes the dealers oblige in swapping the tires.

HC
Old 28th August 2011, 10:50   #28
BHPian

Folks,

I got my ANHC V MT in Feb 2011 and it came with Michelin

Cheers, KTP
Old 28th August 2011, 11:21   #29
BHPian

I got my VMT- Leather 10 days back with MRF's. However they aren't as crappy as I had earlier thought them to be. May go in for Michelin soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_wild View Post
my father completed the purchase about 2 weeks back.
OT. Can you confirm the date of manufacture of your car?
Old 28th August 2011, 12:28   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
OT. Can you confirm the date of manufacture of your car?
According to the VIN, March 2011. I was initially opposed to dad's taking delivery of a 5 month old car, but changed my mind after speaking to a couple of sales reps I know from my Hyundai purchase days..
idle_wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks