Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 00:36   #106
AVR
BHPian

Re: Individual OTRs Kills team spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Adi, you came up with a terrific post here.

P.S. Hope this fantastic community grows and grows together with every mishap that it faces.
Thanks Esteem_lover. On second thoughts, the only "divide" I am willing to live with in this community is the Jeep-Gypsy divide. May one always find the other tad inferior and never the twain shall meet.

For the rest of the divides I feel, What mistakes had to be made were made, what lessons had to be learnt better have been learnt. Let's go back to enjoying nature responsibly and in good company!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 10:45   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
there is a small word called --- SORRY -- it ends everything Successfully & Peacefully -- it ends hard feelings -- it dissolves situations

But It takes , what it Takes

The O team would have said that early --- Much before .

Only Gogi Singh expressed that here -- I respect him for that .

Where are the other O brothers ?
1) At the moment all we know is through these media reports, which are clearly full of hot air. No one is taking them seriously, except maybe one or two people here. I trust the O-Team members, as well as the participants of the event, and i will wait for their version of the story rather than trusting the media on this and basing our entire discussion on the same.

2) From what I've read, it seems like someone has intentionally tried to disrupt the mCUBE event. (The tip-offs, large number of MFDs showing up, MFDs being surprised there was no hunting, etc). This in itself is really sad for the entire 4x4 community.

3) You start off saying you want to discuss whats happening to the off-roading scene, not take names, etc. And now you are asking for an apology from the O-Team as a resolution? What exactly is your intention here?? Please give me a 2-line summary if you can, as its very unclear.

Meanwhile, i'm going to wait for the mCUBE organizers statement or version of the story, as i'm sure they will have something to say in due time.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th July 2012 at 10:52.
Rehaan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

It this thread specifically about blaming/defending MCUBE event and the MUDCATS O Team?

@ ALL - If this issue was to be discussed here then what was the point in locking/hiding the MCUBE thread? Please start another thread with the right subject if its so important.

@ MODS - If members are not able to stick to the subject i suggest its time to lock this thread also for now. Our goal of content quality is highly compromised and completely pointless if this issue is discussed here in so much detail.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 19th July 2012 at 11:08.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 11:09   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
1) At the moment all we know is through these media reports, which are clearly full of hot air.
May be , but media is the Mirror most of the times & Particularly Organizations Like Sakal

Quote:
No one is taking them seriously, except maybe one or two people here.
how are you so sure ? Majority is not the proof of truth .

Quote:
I trust the O-Team members, as well as the participants of the event, and i will wait for their version of the story rather than trusting the media on this and basing our entire discussion on the same.
Now you trusting them already , you have made up your mind .
So why you need a report from them ?? you are already decided .

Another thing I have said & say again -- Sue the Media for false reports & see what happens .

Quote:
2) From what I've read, it seems like someone has intentionally tried to disrupt the mCUBE event. (The tip-offs, large number of MFDs showing up, MFDs being surprised there was no hunting, etc).
This Excuse I hear time & again , tip or no Tip what makes difference to the truth

Quote:
3) You start off saying you want to discuss whats happening to the off-roading scene, not take names, etc.
Did I name anyone ?? I could & I can , still avoid this till date , because few good people are in grind

Quote:
And now you are asking for an apology from the O-Team as a resolution? What exactly is your intention here?? Please give me a 2-line summary if you can, as its very unclear.
Read it with full context -- I have suggested a better way for closure - dont you think its a right thing ? & why Not accept fault or they can plainly say ' Nothing has Happened '

please stop doubting Me , search the truth .

We need to stop pretending that nothing has happened --- something serious has happened.

I have answered this because you represent BHP as a Mod -- otherwise I have nothing to say as I had said earlier .

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 19:55   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
1)
Meanwhile, i'm going to wait for.......statement or version of the story, as i'm sure they will have something to say in due time.
Have already given a through synopsis of the facts above, which can be and is verified by anyone who was present there. Ravvenndrra has already done the honours along with with a few others. Thanks Ravvenndrra.

Of course there will be skepticism, we all must learn to live with it....to a point. After a point it becomes pointless to try and make the die hard skeptic see reason. I think that should be enough explanation for those who want to trust and want to believe. For those who WILL NOT be convinced, i would not even try anymore as this off topic discussion has gone way overhead and far almost becoming into gossip column.

Lets discuss what the title says and if we cant stick to the topic, lets either move on or change the title to "Individualistic Skeptical Attitude Kills Otr Spirit."

Over and out!!
V-16 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 23:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have answered this because you represent BHP as a Mod -- otherwise I have nothing to say as I had said earlier .

Sudarshan
what you said earlier was just fine, why would you want to respond only because a BHP Mod asked you a few posers ? Sudarshan, you are as much a part of T-BHP as Rehaan or V-16 or EVEN myself. Do not distinguish anyone with their titles. And also I KNOW for sure that you are a fantastic jeeper who can throw a lot of light and help fellow jeepers or wannbe jeepers like me any time of the day. Can we be constructive please ?
esteem_lover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 06:54   #112
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I personally prefer 'individual OTRs' for a number of reasons. let's look at a few

It's all about offloading and action and not waiting in Jeeps right? Well large OTR's entail more sitting around in Jeeps while others ahead of you are trying to clear the obstacles. I find it an utter waste of time to drive 500-700 kms to attend an event where almost half the day gets spent waiting in Jeeps. Individual OTRs allow you to spend more time driving and enjoying the sport than sitting around.

The trail chosen for large OTR's has to be moderate to easy to cater to the wider spectrum of participants and therefore can be quite boring. Individual OTR's allow you the flexibility to opt for terrain depending on your mood and at will you can dial in some hardcore stuff or just amble along to enjoy nature. This flexibility is what makes individual OTR's more fun for me.

The impact on the environment that 5 Jeeps make vs 50 is quite obvious. Chances are large group OTRs and the resultant damage they do to the environment will one day attract the attention of authorities who will ban all such excursions into forests/virgin territory etc. If you are organising a large group OTR in a quarry then it's fine. But if you are organising these events in virgin territory chances are you are doing more to kill the sport eventually by authorities clamping down than helping build the sport. If you ask me all of us need to resolve not to enter forests (individual or large OTRs) as the intrusion is deeply harmful to the wildlife and forest.

Small group OTR's are more often than not amongst close friends, people you know and trust and are familiar with when it comes to driving skills. This makes for a deeper sense of team spirit and allows for more fun. Large OTR's stand a very big risk if half a dozen morons trying to show off to the whole crowd and eventually someone kills himself doing it. Toppling Jeeos is the first sign of people getting over confident and trying to attempt stuff beyond their means. This inherent danger in large group events makes it a complete drag for me and hence i prefer not to be a part of the tamasha.

Most large events are now a money making device and there's always the issue of expectations and heart burns. In small group OTR's where you pay for whatever expense you entail there is no element of a few people feeling they were taken for a ride etc.

For these reasons I would anyway prefer a small group outing to these large events.

Last edited by DKG : 20th July 2012 at 06:59.
DKG is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 18:47   #113
BHPian

Even I prefer OTRs in small nos even though havent attended one in last one year.

My opinion about the MCUBE event is that its just a few enthu buddies that took an initiative to organise a large OFF Roading event in this part of the country and went a bit wrong with the arrangements. We also need to remember that this was a non profitable event.

I got a opportunity to speak to a couple of participants and have learned that the O team is working on seeking official clarification on the rules broken and if the land was actually a forest land or not. I know quite a few members of the O team and hold very high respect for them based on my personal experience with them during the OTRs I have attended. I don't feel none of them would have gone ahead with this event if they had a slightest doubt about it. I am sure the O team members will come up with a official announcement. So lets wait till then and stop transforming it into a big issue and portray it as an end of off roading in this part of the country.
Cloud_Chaser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:57   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And also I KNOW for sure that you are a fantastic jeeper who can throw a lot of light and help fellow jeepers or wannbe jeepers like me any time of the day. Can we be constructive please ?
I am humbled , I am not that 'Fantastic Jeeper ' but yes I can throw Light on Many things technical or otherwise with my Limited Knowledge . Thanks

Yes we should be constructive & Take time out to study before we venture OTR

Here are few Links I am presenting as Samples , these are available at a click of a button if one spares few minutes .
One can use such Information so as to what precautions we can take when we go OTR ( Not Just in Jungles ) , One can stay clear of trouble using such Info

I Urge other net savy Members to collect more info available such as this & present it here ,for the benefit of all

1) About Matheran MH

http://envfor.nic.in/legis/ecozone/so133(e).pdf

2) About Bhimashankar MH -another 'Tourist infested Area ' Likely to be a destination of the offroaders

Introduction to Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary

Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ProtectedPlanet - Bhimashankar Sanctuary

3) Other such Links where you can get some more information

Maharashtra Pollution Control Board

http://mpcb.omcommunication.net/rela...s/CHAPTER4.pdf

I am working in this direction , If members of this forum like this Idea ( of presenting links for info )

I will sure share more things I know ( maps etc ) & Make other experts available to help the community in this direction

But for this I will need a clear signal if people are interested in such things or not

Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 22nd July 2012 at 09:00.
Sudarshan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am working in this direction , If members of this forum like this Idea ( of presenting links for info )

I will sure share more things I know ( maps etc ) & Make other experts available to help the community in this direction

But for this I will need a clear signal if people are interested in such things or not

Sudarshan
That is a fantastic idea Sudarshan, to have a database of knowledge, even links to knowledge would come in useful to people. Such links come in extremely helpful to everyone who plans an outing whether in a Jeep with MTs or in the family car with wife and kids for a weekend picnic.

Thanks and cheers,
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sudarshan Bhai, this is really a super idea.

Could you please start a new thread with this kind of useful information asap please, if agreeable by other members?

This could become a data base of information and can be constantly updated and new information fed via others. Just posting links might make finding related information a bit tedious and it might not even come up in search, so may i suggest that a little write up in the form of a synopsis related to the link be included so that the person may be directed to the appropriate link and find related information effectively and surely.

Last edited by V-16 : 23rd July 2012 at 16:45.
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:49   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Just posting links might make finding related information a bit tedious and it might not even come up in search, so may i suggest that a little write up in the form of a synopsis related to the link be included
Sir I believe that the real Jeepers are quite hard working guys , they dont need Spoon feeding .

Jokes Apart , But I dont have much time for such Long write-ups , I do have some time in office but not enough for long write ups , but I will provide enough directives with each link so needy people will find enough material for their purpose .Also I will sort links in such way ,that it will not be much complicated to sort information .

Lets see how many people actually like the Idea

Sudarshan

P.S. just a Sample from MFD site http://www.mahaforest.nic.in/internal.php?id=46

Last edited by Sudarshan : 23rd July 2012 at 19:17.
Sudarshan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir I believe that the real Jeepers are quite hard working guys , they dont need Spoon feeding .

Jokes Apart , But I dont have much time for such Long write-ups , I do have some time in office but not enough for long write ups , but I will provide enough directives with each link so needy people will find enough material for their purpose .Also I will sort links in such way ,that it will not be much complicated to sort information .

Lets see how many people actually like the Idea

Sudarshan
Hi Sir,

Please go ahead and do it. It would be very useful, forget liking it - I love the idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks