Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 18:38   #106
BHPian

Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

+1 to that!

I'll get some fruits. We also need lots of Pepsi and water.
Old 17th February 2012, 19:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Commander,

None now have the best three reasons to be there, than yourself .
Meeting the father of the Thar, the OTR and the above quoted.

Hope you are not taking offroading seriously? If so, then we novices had it.

Wishing this event every success and hope to see photographs of the gala time there.
Regards,
No Sir ! This sport of Off Roading is very expensive for me.

These guys are total nuts paying a fortune buying expensive vehicles then dropping them in deep gorges damaging axles and what else, then paying a bomb for repairing the damages and again driving in slush, mud, sand, God knows where !!

I just manage Roading my Honda City for the present. But what ever OTR I have seen on Team BHP is very exciting!!

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 17th February 2012 at 19:07.
Old 20th February 2012, 02:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Thanks to Off-road experts tejas & pdev for responding to my PMs and visiting this thread.
Would love to have you guys (and your team) on the 11th.
Some expert advise always comes in handy!

And yea, this one is going to be the taste of things to come, coz as soon as the wet season starts, its going to be a different ball game alltogether.

Once this one is through, we can organise a better track next time.
Thank you for your kind words and inviting me on this thread. Buddy we all started as a newbie and learnt from our mistake but we still make mistakes

good to see new people joining and taking interest in this sport.

I will try to join you guys with my monstAr. I suggest lets try a different trail if all are ok with it.

Please carry basic recovery gears.

Cheers
Devang
pdev29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 17:23   #109
BHPian

pdev29 - most of us have new babies (even if they are big) and as Guderian aptly put it, we are pretty scared of anything that makes us leave metal or paint behind. Even the thought of recovery gear is scary

I suggest we all drive to Rajmachi foothills, then take the easiest route up to the temple/pond (which I hear is very pretty), and then we scour for some places to get some amateur offroading experience. Folks wanting to try some serious stuff can also do it, and let us amateurs oggle at it - and who knows, maybe even get some of us to try some harder stuff in the adrenalin rush that's bound to come!

Sounds like a plan?
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 12:15   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
I suggest we all drive to Rajmachi foothills, then take the easiest route up to the temple/pond (which I hear is very pretty), and then we scour for some places to get some amateur offroading experience. Folks wanting to try some serious stuff can also do it, and let us amateurs oggle at it - and who knows, maybe even get some of us to try some harder stuff in the adrenalin rush that's bound to come!

Sounds like a plan?
Sounds like a very good plan to me. I have my fingers crossed, praying that I can make it for this one.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:08   #111
BHPian

I'm adding myself to tentative list, as the date is still a bit far away and I'm not sure of my plans for that weekend.

Updated list:

Venue - Rajmachi
Type - Softroading
Date - 11th March 2012, early morning start

Confirmed:
1. siddheshb + friend, F150, Nandu Sir + wifey – Endy (Samara)
2. Throttleking, Kiran moralfibre, nawalsinghal - Safari
3. Guderian - Fortuner (Admiral)
4. MonaroCV8, Racer_X, amitwlele, JD - Fortuner
5. jaysmokesleaves - Safari
6. ebonho – Bullet (Doppie)
7. Satan, Behram Dhabar - Gypsy
8. Shubhendra - Pajero or Mahindra Classic (plz confirm which one)
9. ObsessedByFIAT - Hunk (might get along an aspiring TBHPian friend with a Bullet)
10. Turboholic - CJ3B / Suzuki Shogun (Depends on how many bikes are there)

Tentative :
1. Off Roadie & Daddy (kind of rhimes) - Snow (Scorpio 4wd)
2. selfdrive - Passenger seat (with siddheshb)
3. The VTEC guy - Thunderbird
4. nilanjanray - Fortuner
5. Swanand Inamdar
6. ninjatalli
7. Kpbhatt-- Kalpesh ( with Throttleking?)
8. xtreme power - ATV
9. sierrakamat - Grande
10. Nav75 - ZMA.
Old 24th February 2012, 09:57   #112
BHPian

Seems like no action at all. So who bringing what on THE day? I mean for breakfast
Old 24th February 2012, 15:09   #113
BHPian

I guess we will be starting early from Mumbai and Pune (6/7 am) hence I would suggest following.
1. Mumbai and Pune team meet at Ramakrishna hotel in Lonavala town (around 9 am). Have break fast at the hotel and then move together to Rajmachi from there
2. Whatever food stuff people bring along with them can be had at a mid way point towards Rajmachi. We will mostly reach Rajmachi in couple of hours including break?
3. Lunch is available from the locals after reaching the vilage at Rajmachi base
4. At 3/4 pm start back the return journey.
Old 24th February 2012, 15:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

I just went through the thread and most of the guys are scared of scratches on the car..and little dents..just curious do these people use the car on the streets or are they locked up for special occasions. No offense to anyone here but i got a feeling i'd like to keep to my self then writing it.

When we offroad and i used to do it with the Fortuner before and now with the Thar, the little scratches are part of the game. Its not that u intentionally go to scratch the car but due to branches or bushes in the path it does happen. I never broke a single thing on the fortuner, but bent the foot steps and got plenty of scraches on the car.

If your scared before you even start you'll never be able to start. Just a suggestion park the cars at Della Adventure and do their atv ride..Cars safe, you get mud good photo shoot and everyone goes home happy.
speedy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 15:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
I guess we will be starting early from Mumbai and Pune (6/7 am) hence I would suggest following.
1. Mumbai and Pune team meet at Ramakrishna hotel in Lonavala town (around 9 am). Have break fast at the hotel and then move together to Rajmachi from there
2. Whatever food stuff people bring along with them can be had at a mid way point towards Rajmachi. We will mostly reach Rajmachi in couple of hours including break?
3. Lunch is available from the locals after reaching the vilage at Rajmachi base
4. At 3/4 pm start back the return journey.
At this time of the year, we should aim to return to Lonavala by 11am, not start @ 9am
Old 24th February 2012, 16:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I just went through the thread and most of the guys are scared of scratches on the car..and little dents..just curious do these people use the car on the streets or are they locked up for special occasions. No offense to anyone here but i got a feeling i'd like to keep to my self then writing it.

When we offroad and i used to do it with the Fortuner before and now with the Thar, the little scratches are part of the game. Its not that u intentionally go to scratch the car but due to branches or bushes in the path it does happen. I never broke a single thing on the fortuner, but bent the foot steps and got plenty of scraches on the car. .
Well said

Quote:
If your scared before you even start you'll never be able to start. Just a suggestion park the cars at Della Adventure and do their atv ride..Cars safe, you get mud good photo shoot and everyone goes home happy.
sorry dont mean to be rude but could not stop laughing
Old 24th February 2012, 17:19   #117
BHPian

Quote:

When we offroad and i used to do it with the Fortuner before and now with the Thar, the little scratches are part of the game. Its not that u intentionally go to scratch the car but due to branches or bushes in the path it does happen. I never broke a single thing on the fortuner, but bent the foot steps and got plenty of scraches on the car.

Although you are entitled to your opinion, you have to understand that 2 minds don't think alike. Also in this case most of the novice guys want to try their hand at something challenging. As you have mentioned 'you do not go there with the intention of scratching the car'. Like wise most guys just want to avoid scratches as far as possible, everyone going there knows that if its unavoidable, it will happen. So keep the spirit in mind and keep your words encouraging. We don't need a critique here and its not about guts and glory its about having a good time.
Off Roadie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 08:57   #118
BHPian

Enough planning guys just go and do the trip already! I'm waiting to see the pics from the completed event and a report on each vehicles performance in the terrain!
Old 25th February 2012, 19:35   #119
BHPian

Quote:

Actually, you got that spot on. I do use my Endy on the street, and love the looks it gets.. especially when you tell someone admiring the shiny black beast that it's almost 2 years old. Pushing it to the limits on the expressway, climbing stairs at Zoo Zoo hill, splashing through the water at Dapoli, and jumping off the massive speed breakers on Baner Road are also activities she generally indulges in. Some of them corrode her from inside, some of them hurt her shocks, but that's all part of the game, isn't it? Actually, she does pick up some scratches even when simply parked on the street.

However, getting a whole rash of scratches on the body simply because you felt like pushing through thick brush, to me, seems a lot of pain for no gain

So, yes, to some it might be boring... but I guess there are enough like-minded folks who take pleasure in the simpler things

Last edited by siddheshb : 25th February 2012 at 19:45.
siddheshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 19:40   #120
BHPian

[quote=siddheshb;2693553
So, yes, to some it might be boring... but I guess there are enough like-minded folks who take pleasure in the simpler things [/QUOTE]

Man I have seen the pics and read your thread. The pic Riding up the stairs gave me goosebumps!

You have done a LOT with a devil may care attitude on the Endy !

DRIVE ON MAN !

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 25th February 2012 at 19:43.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks