Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 19:51   #46
BANNED

2 more days for the OTR.

We've not had any confirmations so far, Would love to join.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:07   #47

Hey Folks,

The enthusiasm to off-road I see in this forum is huge. The number of posts that are there for an invite are large and yet the same old trails are being revisited.

There are a number of hills around Bangalore. To the west there are the hills around Savandurga, on the southside there are the hills starting from near harohalli-kanakapura all the way to ramnagar and all around there. All these hills have villages around them and where there are villages, there are cattle trails going to all these hills. These are generally excellent off-roading trails.

I'm surprised to see the whole group depending on a few individuals like Khan, SwastikViji, StarAqua, Dwarak and a few others to take them out for a trip as if they were children waiting for elders to take them for an outing

My questions to the group is simple.

What is preventing so many excellent 4 wheel drive owners from exploring ? How come there is hardly any effort to plan and explore around as a group ?

Mods, please create a seperate post if this is off-topic. I felt it necessary to post on this thread as Thippa-Goodana-Halli is hardly 30 km from Bangalore and yet no one here who wants to explore hills around there. Many posts here sound like "Daddy are you taking me out to fun-world this sunday ? Yes or No ? I will go and play with my friends if you are not taking me. So let me know right now"

Cheers
Old 17th September 2009, 22:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post
"Daddy are you taking me out to fun-world this sunday ? Yes or No ? I will go and play with my friends if you are not taking me. So let me know right now"
Cheers
ROTFLMAO I liked it Mukund. On a serious note i fully agree with your thoughts.

PS: How is your Gypsy coming up?

--Sree--
Old 17th September 2009, 22:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post
Hey Folks,

I'm surprised to see the whole group depending on a few individuals like Khan, SwastikViji, StarAqua, Dwarak and a few others to take them out for a trip as if they were children waiting for elders to take them for an outing

My questions to the group is simple.

What is preventing so many excellent 4 wheel drive owners from exploring ? How come there is hardly any effort to plan and explore around as a group ?
These kind of words were needed here and completely agree with you that everyone needs to put effort to find some places to do offroading.

Hope to see other guys will show Positive results and find some good spots for OTR in future.
Old 17th September 2009, 23:12   #50
BHPian

im not an offroader nor own a 4X4.

Im tracking, not just this but multiple other 4x4 threads.

Everything done for the first time needs some guidance. Any kind of guidance. Especially if it involves complex things like money, cars, getting stuck, may b urgent help.

Its not about relying on others. Its about learning and growing and makes others grow. (i hope im not souding too managerish..)

Im sure these guys like Dwarka, must have seen up to someone, learnt from someone and now they are teaching.

Im sure few OTRs down, new guys in this thread will be guiding newer guys!

Please dont discourage new guys nor say old/experienced guys arent required.

Its the way life works........
Old 18th September 2009, 00:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post

Everything done for the first time needs some guidance. Any kind of guidance. Especially if it involves complex things like money, cars, getting stuck, may b urgent help.

Its not about relying on others. Its about learning and growing and makes others grow. (i hope im not souding too managerish..)

Im sure these guys like Dwarka, must have seen up to someone, learnt from someone and now they are teaching.

Hey Devrajman
1> Sure do agree with you on the way life works.
2> Noone said anything about age,it is relative.
3> All that is being said is to exhonerate the spirit of taking the initiative within the parameters dictated by circumstances and places.
4> All of us did start experimenting with the capablities of our jeeps on our own in the first place alone or in company of friends.( I speak for everyone who owns a 4x4)
5> That said. A group activity helps you prise the performance envelope a little more thanks to the safety in numbers and experience on tap .
6> If anything at all, what is being said to get people to be more interactive with their machines and their environment.
7> If you learn to use your machine well and read the terrain,you will tread lightly as a consequense ,the damage caused to the environment would be minimized.
8> Just for kicks some food for thought.
ON A TRIAL,YOU ARE PART MAN PART MACHINE. FOR NEITHER ACCOMPLISHES THE OBJECTIVE WITHOUT THE OTHER.
Cheers guys.( Soory bahut funda de diya hoon)
Jammy

Last edited by MM440 : 18th September 2009 at 01:02. Reason: spelling
Old 18th September 2009, 01:39   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Johny, how about the trail going to manchanbelle dam along the stream. From TG Halli to manchanbelle dam must be a nice drive. or from the dam towards TG halli?
Yeah Vijay, The map seems to show a trail. Need to check this out. Last time I walked down along the stream from the tippagoodanahalli reservoir to manchinabelle, on either side the trail ran into farm houses. But once you walked thru them the trail opened up into some slushy terrain and also some hills. Thus I suggested exploring from the manchinabelle side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
ROTFLMAO I liked it Mukund. On a serious note i fully agree with your thoughts.

PS: How is your Gypsy coming up?

--Sree--

Sir the Gypsy has come out pretty nice. It has moved from the "unique" look to a stock softop shape. All thanks are to Mr. Rajiv who is a moderator of the "Gypsy Vagabond" group on Orkut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post

Yes, guidance is needed for offroading skills and can be picked up over time and also passed on to others.

When you learnt how to drive a car did you need guidance and training on where to drive ?

I'm encouraging young and old alike to explore ! Life sure works better when many explore

Cheers
Old 18th September 2009, 10:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
i am half minded to come to this one in my recently got CJ340. I am planning to see as a spectator 1st and try later.

Buttt - Mjothi - isnt it a good thing if you have a smaller group (cant define small). Lets hope this plan stays put.
Svsantosh,

There has to be first time sometime. Why not this time?
Old 18th September 2009, 10:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
2 more days for the OTR.

We've not had any confirmations so far, Would love to join.
PavanKadam,

sure you are invited to join, but not with your buggy. Please do not get affended, my heart pains to see damages on your beautiful bug.

Now it is time who are all there for the OTR? We shall explore the new trails, be it leads to Manchinabele dam or not from TG halli side. We need atleast 3 old timer Offroaders with recovery to accompany.

Confirmed:

Dwarak MG 418
Sunil Nanjappa - Blue Spidy MG 410
Vijay StarAqua - CL500/MM540
Sanju - CJ500
BaburajS - CJ 340
GypsyBoy - MG 413 Tentatively
Ganesh Banavar - Willys
Sandeep -Tata Safari
NandishPal - GM Forrester

How about others?

Dwarak

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th September 2009 at 12:14. Reason: See note in post
Old 18th September 2009, 11:00   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Now it is time who are all there for the OTR? We shall explore the new trails, be it leads to Manchinabele dam or not from TG halli side. We need atleast 3 old timer Offroaders with recovery to accompany.

Confirmed:

Dwarak MG 418
Sanju - CJ500
BaburajS - CJ 340
GypsyBoy - MG 413 Tentatively
Ganesh Banavar - Willys
Sandeep -Tata Safari
NandishPal - GM Forrester

How about others?

Dwarak
Please add Happy Wheels with Tata Safari GX as well. Isnt Shahnawaz joining??And Rudra?? Any info?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:30   #56
BHPian

brothers there are no ceniors or juniors here there are only gurus & shishyas
i definitely agree that there have to be experienced guys for OTR's without which the new guys wont't take a chance with experimenting also we should not forget sometimes its the other way.
any pictures or leads to machinbele dam?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:02   #57
Sha
BHPian

If it was not festival time I would have definately joined anyways guys enjoy OTR.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Dwarak Sir - Confirmed

S.V.Santosh, CJ340DP
Old 18th September 2009, 21:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi Confirmed so far

Suresh Stephen MM340
Dwarak MG 418
Sanju - CJ500