Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 23:54   #406
BHPian

Guys, there is another event happening in lonavala by and for the Mitsibushi owners, looks like all Pune based Pajero and OutLander owners have been rounded up, don't have details, as I just recieved a text message by one of the organiser, he is coming to pick me up tomorrow 1600 hrs and will brief me enroute
Old 29th August 2010, 00:11   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Guys, there is another event happening in lonavala by and for the Mitsibushi owners, looks like all Pune based Pajero and OutLander owners have been rounded up, don't have details, as I just recieved a text message by one of the organiser, he is coming to pick me up tomorrow 1600 hrs and will brief me enroute
We may be heading homewards by 4:00. However, i'm PMing you my number, call me once you get to lonavla. Maybe we can meet up and see how the mitsu guys do it...
Old 29th August 2010, 00:20   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
We may be heading homewards by 4:00. However, i'm PMing you my number, call me once you get to lonavla. Maybe we can meet up and see how the mitsu guys do it...
Tejas, have noted your number, will send mine too

btw., I have mentioned wrong timing

he is coming to pick me up tomorrow 6:00 AM and I guess the event is slated to start at 9am, the return time is 4pm

confusion regretted

Last edited by Anupam : 29th August 2010 at 00:25.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:25   #409
BHPian

The way it is rainning now, if it rains the same way tomorrow, we are going to have tons of fun. Prior to every OTR i don't know what happens to my sleep, never able to sleep till 3 or 4 in the morning and have to get up in couple of hours. Again the sleep will be full of Dreams with Jeeps & Gypsy's.

Quote:
Hey Anupam, it shall be great to meet you guys and see some action, BTW meeting at 1600 hrs, Are you guys planning for a Night OTR?

Rain Gods, please ensure this rains tomorrow .
Old 29th August 2010, 00:31   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tejas, have noted your number, will send mine too

btw., I have mentioned wrong timing

he is coming to pick me up tomorrow 6:00 AM and I guess the event is slated to start at 9am, the return time is 4pm

confusion regretted
Anupam,

We are all meeting outside Ramakrishna at 9:00am. You'll see my Red Jeep... It's unmistakable (attaching a couple of pics for your benefit). If you guys want, we can show you some good trails which your cars will be able to do without damages.

Regards,

Tejas

@Ravi: go to sleep!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-img_7370.jpg  

2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-img_7230.jpg  

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 29th August 2010 at 00:34. Reason: typo
Old 29th August 2010, 14:52   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Anupam,

We are all meeting outside Ramakrishna at 9:00am. You'll see my Red Jeep... It's unmistakable (attaching a couple of pics for your benefit). If you guys want, we can show you some good trails which your cars will be able to do without damages.
Regards,
Tejas
@Ravi: go to sleep!
Teju, You forgot to mention pic courtesy..... JEEP CAPTAIN © .
Old 29th August 2010, 21:17   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Anupam,
Tejas, saw your post only after coming back, and regrets that you were not able to connect to me in time and by the time we were done and back in network it was too late and you guys were already on the way back

the Mitsubishi event was organised by the Pune dealer 'J Williams' at Della and was a soft event meant for the families, around 15 vehicles with 4 Pajeros and rest outlanders

this was my first offroad event, all vehicles were obviously pure stock and were pretty able, infact other then the camera crew tavera, ours was the only outlander to get stuck, it sat on its belly on some rocks, but it was more of a driver's miscalculation then the vehicle inability, the second problem we faced was in the same water crossing where the tavera got stuck, we went in a little fast and with the huge water splash the airfilter got completely soaked in water and the vehicle started spluttering, the mechanics then removed the airfilter and no problem thereafter

overall as my first experience if was good fun

While I am pondering on the right 4x4 vehicle to acquire, I intend to participate next week with Kunal and team and get a better handle on the subject

posting couple of pictures, have some videos clips too but not sure how to upload, someone please guide me
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-outlander.jpg  

2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-camera-crew-tavera-stuck.jpg  

2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-jcb-rescues-tavera.jpg  

2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-outlander-belly-sitting.jpg  

2010 Mumbai OTR Season - Plans & discussions-crew-member-sanjay-gondkar.jpg  

Old 30th August 2010, 11:10   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Anupam,

Unfortunately we couldn't meet up. You'' did the same terrain that is on the way towards rajmachi.

We too had an eventful OTR (people on FB know about it due to the live update!)

Details in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...again-how.html

EDIT:

Sorry Shibu, forgot to mention your name! That pic is fabulous!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 30th August 2010 at 11:11. Reason: see edit
Old 30th August 2010, 14:10   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anupam,

Unfortunately we couldn't meet up. You'' did the same terrain that is on the way towards rajmachi.

We too had an eventful OTR (people on FB know about it due to the live update!)

Details in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...again-how.html
viewed your event thread, very scary, as you have seen in our pictures, we had our own share of scares

and yes you are right, this indeed is the Rajmachi trail!!

the camera crew tavera driver under-estimated the water current, lost traction midway and started drifting in the water, thanks to the big rock boulder which held the tavera till the JCB excavator arrived to rescue, the occupants along with thier equipment were rescued with difficulty. big thanks to the organisers as they had quite a few spotters and crew members on dirt bikes all around alongwith mecanics in the trekker, one tractor and one JCB excavator, and believe me, they for sure came handy at some place or the other, our outlander itself used the service of the tractor to pull us out at it had belly landed on a big rock and then the mechanics to diagonose the spluttering fault to water soaked air-filter

since most of the drivers were novice for such terrains and had only limited understanding of the technicalities involved, the threat of any untowardly happening was never imagined, as we assumed it to be more of a 5 star experience

I realised that for such events it is mandatory to carry hi-lift jack, CB radio (even bsnl mobile didn't work), lot of rope, and offcourse other spares, also I am realising that the 12v digital tyre inflator is a must to have

but all said and done, I think I am getting hooked to this highly technical sport

Last edited by Anupam : 30th August 2010 at 14:29. Reason: typo
Old 30th August 2010, 14:29   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
viewed your event thread, very scary, as you have seen in our pictures, we had our own share of scares

and yes you are right, this is the Rajmachi trail
Lol... that's the dif between using Jeeps and other SUVs. We all consider Rajmachi now as a very easy trail.

Anyways, for a first timer, it is fun and challenging.

If you guys want, we can always lead you'll to such spots and teach you'll how to master the madness.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:41   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Lol... that's the dif between using Jeeps and other SUVs. We all consider Rajmachi now as a very easy trail.

Anyways, for a first timer, it is fun and challenging.

If you guys want, we can always lead you'll to such spots and teach you'll how to master the madness.
sure certainly, but I guess this Mitsui event will now be repeated only next year, but I will let the others now about this offer

hey, how do I upload a video?

Last edited by Anupam : 30th August 2010 at 14:42.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:01   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hey, how do I upload a video?
Upload to youtube or similar site. Then that video post link here. It will show up as a video in your post.
Old 30th August 2010, 22:05   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Upload to Youtube or similar site. Then that video post link here. It will show up as a video in your post.

while going to Rajmachi from Della, this water level was ok but the return was a different story altogether

during the return the water level had increased and during our passing the water splash drenched the airfilter bringing it to to a spluttering halt, rescued by mechanics later

Last edited by Anupam : 30th August 2010 at 22:13. Reason: video error
Old 31st August 2010, 12:20   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Anupam, classic mistake. Go slow in the water. The dramatic splash is what causes all the problems.

Dear all,

I've penned down a few thoughts on offroading protocols. Please add to the list.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...e-conduct.html
Old 4th September 2010, 17:20   #420
Senior - BHPian

Any plans for tomm guys..???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks