Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

1 Volunteer confirmed.

With Jeep or Without Jeep to be confirmed. Need to get the 4 core - oversized radiator and other work done before coming with steed.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@Fanta, hope you are participating in TPC10. Why not form a team with Allan and gang. They get to see this part of the countryside as well.

Hope she is holding on to, too.

Well! Ciao soon.
Definitely, Allan would be definitely coming and yes fanta has never been in better form.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:44   #18
BHPian

couldnt make it last year , hopefully this year. Bangalore boys lets work towards this.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
couldnt make it last year , hopefully this year. Bangalore boys lets work towards this.
It's too early so confirm but the TPC will take preference over any other OTR this year for me. Haven't done more than 200-400 mts of sand ever, so this should be fun..
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
It's too early so confirm but the TPC will take preference over any other OTR this year for me. Haven't done more than 200-400 mts of sand ever, so this should be fun..
Yup, its huge fun until the curse [course] starts - Look forward to seeing you guys this time.

KS will go back cursing sand - it feels heaven to come back on tarmac - trust me
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:43   #21
BHPian

Looks like theres going to be more International participation this year
Sean's already confirmed , a few more i've spoken to seem positive , Indika Sanjaya and Navin who placed 3rd overall in RFC 2009 might be coming too.
I can see that the level of competition in TPC 2010 is going to be on a diffrent scale altogether.
Its going to be an exciting event for sure.
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:13   #22
BHPian

Wow Sean and Indika would make TPC all the more exciting to be a prat of.
Old 5th February 2010, 13:43   #23
BHPian

confirmed sir,
with three vehicles

regards
ALLAN
Old 6th February 2010, 10:47   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
confirmed sir,
with three vehicles

regards
ALLAN
Allan, how are you transporting the vehicles to chennai and back? Maybe we can pool in...
Old 8th February 2010, 10:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

i dont mind driving down..

90% confirmed.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:25   #26
BHPian

On the same lines i am imagining of something called "The Kinnaur Challenge".
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Kinnaur Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellletloose View Post
On the same lines i am imagining of something called "The Kinnaur Challenge".
Major Saab,

That is a wonderful idea. The mountains offer very challenging trails, and a Competitive 4x4 Event up North is very welcome indeed.

You can surely count on the Chennai JEEPers (Terra-Tigers) to be there.

Regards,

Arka
Old 8th March 2010, 11:29   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
i dont mind driving down..

90% confirmed.

Way to go Devang! I wish could be there with you guys! enjoying the snow here till then.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

The Palar Challenge

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1795388-post334.html

Quoting Dr.Mohan "I have heard a lot of "The Palar Challenge" .
There is a lot of planning and hardwork to organise this challange.
I can understand ,because once I had arranged a smalll OTR at Sawarsai for just 10 cars and and yet I had to to go 4 times prior ,talk to the authorities, Sarpanch,forest ,locals ,have a scout etc but it was worth it.
Hats off to the organisers who manage such a big event like TPC.

Having talked to many people who have attended it either as a participant or as observers and having spent a considerable time in watching the videos I have been given an impression that it is a trail specially thought about for Jeeps.
One observer even went to the extent to say that the TPC is OF the Jeeps FOR the Jeeps and BY the Jeeps(and similiar vehicles).

I have never seen it so I dont know how much to believe in them,because people talk crap.( I hope I am not undermining the TPC ,I am just passing on the negative feedback for a critical appraisal)

However this much is very clear( from my gathered experience) that trails can be made in such a way that it could favour a particular vehicle.
For instance I can think of a trail where only the Gurkha( I am talking about Indian Vehicles not the likes of LR, LC,Nissans,H1 etc.)can make it to the end.

That trails can be made Vehicle Specific is an hypothesis.
As I belong to the scientific community ,I say hypothesis, because I have not proved it.
Although if "Gut Feeling" is to be relied upon then I am sure I can prove my point.

Any Jeep Owner(s) who could participate in a "Joint Scientific Fact Finding Study" where we can research on a Topic " Off-Roading, Trails and Vehicular Specificity". ??

I searched the TBHP database ,but couldn't find any relevant topics.
The results will be a very rich addition to the TBHP database

Already I have a study trail ready, which could be negotiated only by Gurkha, I would request some Jeep owners to take part in the study.We can request the moderators to be present at the spot so that an impartial assessment could be done,data collected,authenticated and recorded for posterity.

I think this is one way we could enrich Off-roading and contribute to the existing knowledge on 4WD techniques and trails."

Hi Dr.Mohan,

TPC is organised BY the Chennai JEEPers FOR Off-Roaders.

If you see the Results of the event
TPC08 - Most Performing 4WD - Vikram Ramprasad (Headers)/MG413W
TPC09 - Most Performing 4WD - Sean Hameed (Lanka4x4)/MG413W

Winner of TPC (Team Prize)
TPC08 - MG413W/CLASSIC/MM540DP
TPC09 - MM540/MM540/CJ3B

We have no bias towards any particular brand of 4x4, We fully understand the limitation of most stock Indian Vehicles can keep the Special Stages with in those limitations.

The Palar Challenge is a test of Man, Machine and most importantly TEAM-WORK.

wrt. To your "Joint Scientific Fact Finding Study" where we can research on a Topic " Off-Roading, Trails and Vehicular Specificity", to asses the capabilities of various 4x4s, that is a good initiative, I'm pretty sure, the 4x4 enthusiasts will be more than eager on this initiative.

I would request you to start a thread on this issue and we will take it forward.

Regards,

Arka
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:45   #30
BHPian

Recently we ran an event called the 4x4 Pro Am (feb 27-28). A team based event like the Palar. 1 x Pro Extreme 4x4 driver and 2 Am - Amature. The teams were typically 1 x Extremely modified 4x4 for each team in case if the standard city 4x4 team mates got stuck.

Firstly, the extreme pro's did not know a thing about team work, as they thought they do not need assistance with all the equipment under the sun. Secondly the Am's were going through where the pro team leader had to be recovered. I am talking about Pajero Jr, and Vitara's with H/T tires doing these numbers. Thirdly the guys who won are the ones who knew their weaknesses and put their strengths together.

I was of this same pro extreme attitude before my Palar run in August of 2009. Then there i was in a Gypsey with no equipment. Where I learned a valuable lesson where my team mate was my main equipment. I went on to manage the Sri Lanka team in Malaysia with 3 members in a team working on one goal.

Organizers of Palar, you run a hell of an event in India, it is the right platform for foundation of 4x4, where survival is first priority, where everyone should start.

Regardless, of what brand vehilce, "it is all up to the nut that is holding it." - Quote by my friends at Palar. Only Garages are built vehicle specific, not Trails.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks