Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 17:15   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Chennai OTR's- Thunder down under:-))

Too bad I couldnt make it. Heard you guys had a blast on the way back will surely join you next time... Superb Trail Rajkumar sir.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

superb pics mahendran..keep up the good work.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 17:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Too bad I couldnt make it. Heard you guys had a blast on the way back will surely join you next time... Superb Trail Rajkumar sir.
Hi santhosh,

It was an excelent terrian and i enjoyed it a lot.

There are only few Off-roader in Salem even though they have lot of beautiful and different terrain around them from hills, forest and riverbed.

People around Salem should join them to experience the fun and as well promote the sport.

Cheers,
Mahendran.K
matchless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:51   #94
BHPian

Hey guys i'm Vishnu and i'm new to Team-BHP. I own the new model Endeavour: the 3.0 4x4 version and am very interested in joining you all on your next off road trip if possible. I have owned 2 Endeavours in the past so am very used to its driving dynamics and most of all its proportions.

The main concern I have though is the fact that my Endeavour is not capable of going on some of the terrain you guys explore (at least from the pictures I have seen posted on this forum) - So I might get left out or hold you guys back. I have taken my car off roading on the beach sand and locations off the ECR that I have explored quite a few times so i'm not completely new to off roading. I have tried searching for a group that goes soft off roading in similar SUVs in Chennai but am unable to find anything.

All the pictures I have seen so far are seriously EPIC and I just cannot wait to take my Endeavour on similar terrain! I'm not afraid to get the car a bit scratched up as long as I have fun. Please let me know if I can join in on the Chennai OTRs and if not then maybe you guys know the right people that I should contact.

Eagerly awaiting your replies

PS. Really sorry if this is a double post. I posted once and wanted pressed the 'edit' button to edit a small mistake but then my post disappeared. Posting this again to make sure. Mods please feel free to delete one of the posts if this is indeed double posted.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Hey guys i'm Vishnu and i'm new to Team-BHP. I own the new model Endeavour: the 3.0 4x4 AT version ..........

The main concern I have though is the fact that my Endeavour is not capable of going on some of the terrain you guys explore (at least from the pictures I have seen posted on this forum)
Vishnu - the endy auto 4x4 is quite capable... check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2268065
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:03   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys i'm Vishnu and i'm new to Team-BHP...
Welcome to Team BHP, Endeavour333

Quote:
...The main concern I have though is the fact that my Endeavour is not capable of going on some of the terrain you guys explore (at least from the pictures I have seen posted on this forum)...
It is indeed very heartening that you understand the limitations of your vehicle in difficult off-roading terrain. That said, the Endeavour 4X4 definitely is a very capable off-roader in the kind of terrain that suits LWB SUVs.

Do join us in our off-road outings, and you can try out your vehicle in different off-road situations.

The following thread also may be of interest to you :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...mpetition.html

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 18th July 2011 at 22:04.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 23:43   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Vishnu - the endy auto 4x4 is quite capable... check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2268065
Santosh thanks for that link! I was impressed with that Endeavour's performance. I hope to take my car on similar routes as well.

@Blue Thunder: Thanks for the welcome and that link, although I think that's a little too hardcore for me and my car. I will surely need a Jeep or Gypsy type vehicle for those events?
I will definitely try to join you for the next off road outing.

Which thread do I follow to get information on upcoming off road events?
Old 20th July 2011, 21:08   #98
BHPian

Great Pics! Looks like a really nice off roading area. Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Did anyone manage to get up that final hill??

How do I find out about these events by the way? Sorry i'm new to Team BHP. Was that Recce announced somewhere and I just happened to miss it? Would really like to join in on the next off roading trip with my new 3.0 4x4 Endeavour (yup no Jeep or Gypsy yet). Will do whatever obstacles my car can handle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks