Team-BHP - Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/113401-hyderabad-hard-top-thar-11.html)

Hi,
The toggle clamps holding the removable panels have been replaced by cam locks?

Is there any interlock between the rear screen and the tailgate? Is it possible to slam the tailgate on the rear screen? Detailed pictures would be appreciated.

Any provision for a grab handle for the spotter?

Regards
Sutripta

Wow. This is excellent! Superb finishing and attention to detail. The writeup plus the pics do make you lust for a Thar and get this awesome hardtop.

Now coming to another point where i would be interested. Is there any top available for the Gypsy? Not sure whether many Gypsy owners would be interested. Secondly, if one wants to do something similar, can the same be done in Metal instead of FRP as i guess all the Rally prepped Gypsys have metal half cabins (not sure). Can someone aid me here please?

Thanks Ravveendrra.

What is the plan for sales and distribution all over India? Is it available in the major ciites of India?

Regards

Saji

Quote:

Please contact Prabhu
Fazal bhai, it is a great effort from you and Prabhu(and others involved) to make this happen! What a finish! Looks awesome and simply fantastic!

Creativity has no bounds - proven again! A big THANK YOU!!

Excellent thread this has turned out to be. Congrats Fazal bhai & Prabhu, great work done. the eye for detail is fantastic. Excellent review Vijay.

Have a few question for you, vijay did mention in his review that the Air Con worked well with the hard top, from a comparative perspective do you think it is comparable to a normal Scorpio / other metal HT SUV. Reason for this question is in mumbai the heat during summers becomes unbearable specially in the heavy traffic.

I did read that this been painted, just wanted to know if the same can be painted in any metallic color, assuming wanted to paint it metallic red like the rest of the car.

Finally, are you planning some thing for a gypsy also.

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvluv (Post 2853793)
Excellent thread this has turned out to be. Congrats Fazal bhai & Prabhu, great work done. the eye for detail is fantastic. Excellent review Vijay.

Have a few question for you, vijay did mention in his review that the Air Con worked well with the hard top, from a comparative perspective do you think it is comparable to a normal Scorpio / other metal HT SUV. Reason for this question is in mumbai the heat during summers becomes unbearable specially in the heavy traffic.

I did read that this been painted, just wanted to know if the same can be painted in any metallic color, assuming wanted to paint it metallic red like the rest of the car.

Finally, are you planning some thing for a gypsy also.

thanks

nvluv,

Thank you, the credit mainly goes to Prabhu for the self belief, perseverance, improving design upon design and the hard work for the out come of this HT.

The reason why the AC would work better here is,

FRP, as compared to metal top is a poor conductor of heat.

This HT comprises of two layers the inner and outer, both in FRP, the heat on the outer top is not passed on to the inner as the void in between is filled with pressurized PUF (poly urethane foam).

Yes, it would be cooler inside as compared to a metal top, which has the top layer in metal, under it is an insulation sheet (only air pockets and no fill) followed by a thin stretch lining.

The body color is very much possible as a customization option.

Nothing on the cards for For Gypsy yet.
Regard,

Dear Friends,

The HHT's (Hyderabad Hard Top) visuals and what went into its construction.

The report from a customers perspective by Vijay, in the preceding post cannot be better worded...most detailed, comprehensive and descriptive.

A few photographs of the inside story will give you a fair idea why this project took longer than expected...it underwent continuous R&D, scrapping, prolonged testing in real time conditions and re improvisation...until it was finally decided that the final prototype was now ready for production and was envisioned to be the best.

Led by Prabhu, for the core team the competition with their own product and nobody else!

The HHT's looks were half the goal and as a lot of emphasis always was on
Durability, Aesthetics, Uniqueness, Dynamics etc.

It has proven to be rugged enough to last through the toughest Indian OTR's.

The shell is designed to derive maximum structural strength, aero dynamically designed for road stability at high speeds, very effective sound dampening, extremely effective in keeping heat out, front and rear passenger comfort, water tight cabin (in spite of being the only HT with the 3 top opening panels) etc etc.

Let the pics speak.

Regards,
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-049.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-079.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-0711.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-057.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-081.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-045.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-076.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-116.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-129.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-ht-032.jpg
The main panels that interlock and are silicone sealed.
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc_0219.jpg
The open able panels with self retracting handles and locking fasteners
(shown on rear panel).
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc_0230.jpg
Cross section of pressurized PUF fill in between two panels that keeps noise levels and heat out, where they belong.
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc_0222.jpg
MS plate integrated during molding process for structural strength at fastener points.
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc_0227.jpg
PUF fill, view from top panel cut.
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-dsc_0228.jpg

Does this body weigh only 35kg?

Hi Fazal bhai and team,

Very nice hardtop and looks so superb in the orange Thar....

But I heared that Thar is under upgradation and the new version with new exterior, interior and foldable top like Wrangler, etc. launching by beggining of 2013. If they remove the B-Pillar from the new models, can we install this top or you have to re-do all your efforts from the scratch again...

Mr.Fazal and team,

Really love the hardtop you guys have designed. I have been playing with the idea of buying a thar and making it my daily driver and your hard top has just made it easier to convince my folks at home !:D

Just one clarification: How does the rear glass panel lock with the tailgate? From the pictures i understand that the glass and the tailgate open separately. Can you open the glass alone without opening the tailgate, or will the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate come in the way ?

Cheers

Fazal bhai, Prabhu and the HHT team,
the final product is really worth the wait
pls let me know the cost and the waiting period....
not necessarily on the open forum clap:
regards
amar

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick56 (Post 2868539)
Fazal bhai, Prabhu and the HHT team,
the final product is really worth the wait
pls let me know the cost and the waiting period....
not necessarily on the open forum clap:
regards
amar

Please contact Prabhu - 9866994455

Fazal bhai and team,
Congratulations on what looks like an excellent product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2855318)
The HHT's looks were half the goal and as a lot of emphasis always was on
Durability, Aesthetics, Uniqueness, Dynamics etc.

This is exactly the 'form follows function' design philosophy, which is why I love the Jeep to start with. :thumbs up

Thank you Sir for rekindling the Thar-flame in me!

Got it installed.

what i like
1. excellent noise insulation -almost a car feel. AC must be efficient in this (i do not have aircon).
2. must admit that ride quality changed, with no dust/sound feels handling has improved -could be in the mind, but definite change

i would agree with most of points mentioned earlier members. i think worth the buy, tad expensive, but one is paying for design, ingenuity, effort and investment by prabhu -for a product that should have been on offer by M&M

what i wish could improve
1. the original dimensions of soft top to be retained -unfortunately the design lops off few inches inside. rear pax height above 5 8 is uncomfortable (have side seats), with frequent head hits.
2. tailgate glass door stopper -current design tailgate opening causes door to pop out. closing this involves holding it tight and involves a juggle. not sure how long the mechanism will last -holding glass window with pressure and shutting tailgate
3. finishing -would rate the current work high from a product coming out of a workshop, but believe this will better as more pieces are made and prabhus men go up on execution curve.

i think point 2 can be addressed by adding door holders, and perhaps point 1 by changing seat front facing at lower height.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnambiar (Post 2900131)
Got it installed

How about some pics vnambiar? This is such a beautiful Hard Top, almost OEM like!