Team-BHP - Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/113401-hyderabad-hard-top-thar-8.html)

It is definitely better than their earlier version. Any idea what material they have used for the hard top?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpbopanna (Post 2741633)
Dear All

Just found this on the Bimbra website, an FRP removable hard top for the Thar. clap:
It has an uncanny resemblance to the one found in the Mahindra Italy website.
To give the devil its due, the hard top DOES look quite good in the profile!!

Please find details in the following link - Thar Mahindra Customization - Off-Roading 4x4 Accessories -Hard Tops

I just spoke to Taran Bimbra, it costs Rs. 49,500 (all inclusive)!!

I am posting it because it looks much better than the one in the previous pictures.
Mods: If you find the post repetitive, kindly delete it!!

Regards,

Bopanna

From the pics the 'B' pillar seems to have been cut at the top. I don't think that is a good Idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpbopanna (Post 2741633)
Dear All

Just found this on the Bimbra website, an FRP removable hard top for the Thar. clap:
It has an uncanny resemblance to the one found in the Mahindra Italy website.
To give the devil its due, the hard top DOES look quite good in the profile!!

Please find details in the following link - Thar Mahindra Customization - Off-Roading 4x4 Accessories -Hard Tops

I just spoke to Taran Bimbra, it costs Rs. 49,500 (all inclusive)!!

I am posting it because it looks much better than the one in the previous pictures.
Mods: If you find the post repetitive, kindly delete it!!

Regards,

Bopanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp1 (Post 2741641)
It is definitely better than their earlier version. Any idea what material they have used for the hard top?

Thar FRP Hard Top

- Easily removable
- Strong and light weight
- Weather proof, no rusting
- PU insulated, therefore sound proof
- Designed to complement the shape of the vehicle with lift up rear door
- Dual finish PU painted body
- Requires NO alteration in original body

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRaven (Post 2741645)
From the pics the 'B' pillar seems to have been cut at the top. I don't think that is a good Idea.

They specifically say removable and no alteration required. It is hard to judge anything from that small photo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRaven (Post 2741645)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2741730)
They specifically say removable and no alteration required. It is hard to judge anything from that small photo.

No the 'B' pillars are not cut as it is evident from attached picture below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveshsingh (Post 2741774)
No the 'B' pillars are not cut as it is evident from attached picture below.

Divesh

Can you please post more pictures? please:
Just want to check on the fit and finish, especially the rear!!

Thanks in advance!

Bopanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpbopanna (Post 2741860)
Divesh

Can you please post more pictures? please:
Just want to check on the fit and finish, especially the rear!!

Thanks in advance!

Bopanna

Below are few pics of side and back profile of the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveshsingh (Post 2741866)
Below are few pics of side and back profile of the vehicle.

Singh saab i suggest u start your own hard top thread, this hard top looks very well settled.clap: Just a few queries, Have you rearranged the rear seats to front facing? How much is the head clearance once u settle in the back seat?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amartya sinha

Singh saab i suggest u start your own hard top thread, this hard top looks very well settled.clap: Just a few queries, Have you rearranged the rear seats to front facing? How much is the head clearance once u settle in the back seat?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Amartya, just to clarify these hard tops are not built by me. They are built by bimbras and I found them on net. I have seen them in person as well and they look better than what's in pic. they also had done bucket seats setup for rear, I dint get chance to try the seats but from look of it a 6 foot man can sit easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amartya sinha (Post 2742573)

Thanks in advance.

That is not his Thar, those pictures are from the Bimbras facebook page, I'll ask Taran to start a thread.

Coming back to the Hyderabad Hard Top - Fazal bhai - any news - when can we order one ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lugnut (Post 2745727)
Coming back to the Hyderabad Hard Top - Fazal bhai - any news - when can we order one ?

Lugnut,

After some hiccups/ faults/ shortcomings..followed by rectifications, one is being fitted on an outstation Thar which belongs to our forum member. It would be appropriate for him to report on the HT from a customers perspective.

Please wait till this week is over for report and pics.
Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2745733)
Lugnut,

After some hiccups/ faults/ shortcomings..followed by rectifications, one is being fitted on an outstation Thar which belongs to our forum member. It would be appropriate for him to report on the HT from a customers perspective.

Please wait till this week is over for report and pics.
Regards,

Any updates Fazal?

Eagerly awaiting pictures, reports!!

Bopanna

Hi Fazal, waiting for pics from your final version and details on pricing. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpbopanna (Post 2761746)
Any updates Fazal?

Eagerly awaiting pictures, reports!!

Bopanna

Bopanna,

Everything in this HT is in place, except for water leakages from the top opening panels. This will be shortly resolved as Prabhu is working on it.

Just a refresher, it is not as easy as it sounds making it"leak free".
Had this been a Plain Jane HT without any roof openings, it would be fitted (going by the serious inquiries only) on more than a 100 Thar's, by now.

Prabhu and the rest of the design team unanimously wanted a HT with a difference, something that would be practical, one of its kind in India, then came the open able roof panel design, followed by the first prototype, then second and so on.

When this HT was at the Bangalore OTR, it was summer, the top was tested for almost everything but the water tightness.

No other Indian, FRP, HT manufacturer has attempted to get the open-able roof panel in the market yet? No wonder !

When this one hits retail, you will be paying for the best in the business.
Regards,