Team-BHP - How to get a top quality winch?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   How to get a top quality winch? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/40882-how-get-top-quality-winch-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigman (Post 1224521)
lol: Will a dealer tell you the negatives of the product they sell ?

No but perhaps he can get me a better price on the same and I can pay him in Ind and they can ship it to me in Dxb.

Cant trust any of the suppliers here. Seriously - the offroad business is one HUGE ripoff. We order all our parts online despite several stores being present in the city.

PS: If he's selling in India, there must be a few buyers around. Perhaps we will hear from them too.

well im surprised to hear how people are being ripped off by shops selling 4x4x stuff. since im not into 4x4 and dont own a 4x4, im sorry as im totally surprised at this comment by steeroid!

anyway i have seen some good quality winches in dubai shops like 4x4 shop near garhoud area and one in Ramy trading in deira.

im sure steeroid can vouch for them if they are genuine and priced accordingly!

@ steeroid - Can you please list some good online stores in Dxb for offroad stuff. I have cuz sister there who keeps frequenting India. But I have a tough time everytime I want her to get me something. It took me good 6 months + some 500 rs of phone calls to make her buy a dremel. i would be better off with online stores.

cheers
vishwas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1224532)
No but perhaps he can get me a better price on the same and I can pay him in Ind and they can ship it to me in Dxb.

Cant trust any of the suppliers here. Seriously - the offroad business is one HUGE ripoff. We order all our parts online despite several stores being present in the city.

PS: If he's selling in India, there must be a few buyers around. Perhaps we will hear from them too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishwaschettri (Post 1224784)
@ steeroid - Can you please list some good online stores in Dxb for offroad stuff.

We buy online from the UK or from the US. UK is looking better these days after the pound has taken a beating.

@ Parm - a winch that cost 300-odd Pound Sterling in the UK retails here for Dhs.4800 + Fitting Extra. Work out the mark-up and let me know if it is reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1224795)
We buy online from the UK or from the US. UK is looking better these days after the pound has taken a beating.

@ Parm - a winch that cost 300-odd Pound Sterling in the UK retails here for Dhs.4800 + Fitting Extra. Work out the mark-up and let me know if it is reasonable.

reasonable? not at all, its best to order online, pay 4% duty and the stuff is yours, half the damn price offered in dxb!

There are a couple for sale in the classifieds.
:)

I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help. I probably get a discount on some of the big brands from my vendors and can pass on the savings to you guys if interested.

Hi Naren,

I picked up a Runva 8000 lb winch from Mayapuri for 16k.
Here is a pic of the Runva 6000 lb which is similar to my 8000lb winch.

Cheers !!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by randeep04 (Post 1240976)
Hi Naren,

Cheers !!!!!!!!

Mmmm. looks good & nice. In the next OTR do use this extensively just for testing purposes and post the results here. If this works reliably then it looks like a basement bargain price.

PS: try winching out 3-4 vehicles in succession over inclines etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1241070)
Mmmm. looks good & nice. In the next OTR do use this extensively just for testing purposes and post the results here. If this works reliably then it looks like a basement bargain price.

PS: try winching out 3-4 vehicles in succession over inclines etc.

Hi Khan Bhai,

The thing is that my jeep's not ready as yet but would keep this in mind when its done and will surely update you.

The 6000 lb winch show here has been tried a couple of times and performed very well. but that was also not on an OTR .

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPP (Post 1240438)
I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help. I probably get a discount on some of the big brands from my vendors and can pass on the savings to you guys if interested.

Can you give some idea on final price, I am looking for a 8000lb one for my Mahindra.

Thanks.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ym-enjn (Post 1241116)
Can you give some idea on final price, I am looking for a 8000lb one for my Mahindra.

Thanks.

+1. That would help a lot -- final landing price in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by randeep04 (Post 1240976)

Very interesting installation. Can we have a closer look at your mounting plate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ym-enjn (Post 1241116)

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1241135)
+1. That would help a lot -- final landing price in India.

I got a PM regarding similar. I'll get the info as soon as I can and get back to you guys. My day is a bit hectic today, but I should be able to figure something out by tomorrow.

BTW, if anyone has any specific part numbers they want to know about, that would help out a lot.

Thanks,
Momin

Quote:

I just saw this thread. If anyone is in need of Winch's from the US, I'm willing to help.

Please can you provide a price for a Warn M8000.

Thanks.