Team-BHP - Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/101068-mm550-capable-offroad-onroad-vehicle-3.html)

Hearty Congrats Gogi!

With help from Harjeev means, you are in the right hands.. and with experience from your CJ restoration and 4WD friends here in this forum, You dont need to worry about getting help.

Good Luck with the restoration!
Cheers
Shibu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 2350359)
We'll sit and discuss gogiji.

Yes Gogi Ji, we will sit and discuss, all three of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2350746)
Yes Gogi Ji, we will sit and discuss, all three of us.

lol: For that Fazalbhai, you will have to come to Bombay first. As regards Tejuji:D i can go and sit in his Dentist's chair anytime and discuss with him as he checks for cavities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2350762)
lol: For that Fazalbhai, you will have to come to Bombay first. As regards Tejuji:D i can go and sit in his Dentist's chair anytime and discuss with him as he checks for cavities.

Gogi,
More than the discussion for the 4X4 parts on a dentist chair, lets do it at Pritam. Then, I don't mind if I don't get a single bolt from Bangkok.
Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2350769)
Gogi,
More than the discussion for the 4X4 parts on a dentist chair, lets do it at Pritam. Then, I don't mind if I don't get a single bolt from Bangkok.
Regards,

LOL!! Sure thing Fazalbhai. Would love to meet up with you over a Kebab.

I would really appreciate all of you contributing all your collective knowledge to make this thread a comprehensive one for restoration, Dos, Donts and Wish Lists for any MM 550.

In the meanwhile have heard from Harjeev who has been checking on the Jeep's progress. (Last when i spoke to him this evening, he was embarrassed to comment on this thread because of the good things everyone has to say about him....C'mon Harjeev, accept it!!)
Everything is going fine and like clockwork according to him. I would request him to fill in the details as he is more aware of the details of the WIP and if he could share some pics too:D

@ Jeep Captain- Shibhu, you are the man for modding. Please let me know what should and should not be done in the MM.

Gogi bhai,
Congratulations!!! Nice pick! I think its 2001-02 year model.
For restoration you don't need to worry because you have already done CJ.
Good luck for further restoration ! 2 months are in your hand, we will meet at Examm 2011.

Regards
Sanjay

You are right Sanjay i have been told that it is a 2001. I will need help getting it registered as i plan to have a MH plate too. Too much hassle if there are army other states plates. Some day when you are free would like to see your vehicle too to take pointers on how to go about the roll cage etc. Tell me i know you have Tavera seats on your MM, are they direct fir or some alteration has to be done?

Congrats Gogi :)

Looking forward to another great restoration project & hopefully this wont be as long as the CJ one :)

Gogi

My experrience with rims is that there is a very limited number of 16 inch rims available. I am assuming yours are 16 inchers. You have an option of going in for 15 inch rims with the Bighorns

I decided to save on alloys for my 540 and stuck to the 16 inch rims. Put on maxxis bravo 235's which were accomodated willingly by the rims. Save the money and put in a brand new ac. Mine cost 35k all told. For you I am assuming it will be a little less as you have a 550. The new ac chills like crazy in the peak of summer and well worth the 20k extra over and above the second hand ac

Harjeev may also be able to score you some 16inch army rims (if you dont already have them). With the army rims you can go for 275's from Maxxis. Again you might save some money on tyres as compared to the 31 inchers. I saw 275's for 6400/- each. Tasty

Look at PIAA's instead of Hella's. 510's. I have ordered a pair on ebay

The Almeida is the expert on most of the other stuff on your wishlist (snatch straps, hi jacks and the like)

Looking forward to seeing the vehicle soon

Ro
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2350306)
WISH LIST

Rims-...Please recommend
Tyres-...As of now 31" Maxxis Bighorns
Power steering-..Already have the one which i had bought for my CJ
Brakes-...will want to do a booster set up
A/c-....Search is on for a pre owned unit
Front Seats-...Search is on for a pair from the Tavera/Innova
Rear Seats-....Please advice.
Highlift Jack-....where? How Much?
Head Lights-..Hella H4s?
Fogs-...Good inexpensive ones
Rear Lights-... LED type, where to get? How much
LED Torch-...Heera Panaa?
Tow Strap with gloves-...Source...Price?
Electric Winch-...Dont want a ridiculously expensive one. Alternative with price please!
Roll Cage
Buttons and Flip Switches-...Search is on
Snorkel-... Which...Source...Price?
Highlift Jack-...Source...Price?

im sure i will remember many other things.

Also guys, im off to Bangkok and Phuket for a few days on 22nd. Im told that Bangkok is a haven for 4X4 parts and accessories. Does anyone know from where and what i should get from there and what from here? Any address or contact. I have kept one whole day free in Bangkok just for this shopping. Please let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2350228)
Shubhendra, i meant every word i wrote. Kindly share the pics with all of us. Also you dont need to meet me only in an OTR. Since you are now close, just feel free to visit whenever you want.

Gogi Ji,
Here are two pics which i like. Infact Fazal Saheb may know their owners and vehicles better. One pic may help you to install AC.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Shubhendra I dont know much about the 1st vehicle except that its got a Nissan 3.0L BD30 engine and isuzu 5 speed GB. It sure has A/C and can do 50 degree inclines with A/C without the throttle in 1st low.

The 2nd vehicle is owned by my friend Nawab Salik khan . IT is a CJ6 made into a CJ7 with isuzu G1 engine and 5 speed Isuzu Gearbox, it does not have A/C.

I particularly like the soft top on the first option. Very well done indeed. Was wondering where to source Led lights for the front and rear. Anyone have any idea on the Bangkok 4X4 accessory scene? Would love to find something from there to put in the Jeep. Anything that will add to the experience.

Congrats Gogi Saab, am hooked and subscribed. Wish you luck in the restoration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubhendra (Post 2351411)
Gogi Ji,
Here are two pics which i like. Infact Fazal Saheb may know their owners and

The first one MM550 belongs to Dr. Hyder Ali Khan, and the second one as Frank has stated, to Salik bhai.
Regards,

I put two photos.
550 photo for A/c and CJ 7 for color.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh