Team-BHP - Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/101068-mm550-capable-offroad-onroad-vehicle-4.html)

I dont know but i have some sort of aversion towards browns. Sorry Shubhendra the colour looks really good but thats not what im going to paint my MM.

Hi Team,

I am already subscribed to the MM550 restoration of sanjay (4x4 army) which is turning out to be a great restoration, particularly with the roll cage. I would also like to subscribe for this one too.

I am very confused between selecting a jeep for myself and have put my selection as CJ/CL340 (Girl Friend) vs MM550 (Wife). Keeping my options opened in the meanwhile, I request for the parts and service manual for both these vehicles.

Congrats gogi .... Wish you all the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2350983)
You are right Sanjay i have been told that it is a 2001. I will need help getting it registered as i plan to have a MH plate too. Too much hassle if there are army other states plates. Some day when you are free would like to see your vehicle too to take pointers on how to go about the roll cage etc. Tell me i know you have Tavera seats on your MM, are they direct fir or some alteration has to be done?

Dear Gogi,
I have sent PM for roll cage and registration MH plate.
My roll cage work is half done only and for further half I am not getting good fabricator. My previous fabrictor is too busy with his work, his all workers are on leave. He is alone now, so I am searching new fabricator to finish full roll cage work.

For Tavera seat - you can fit it directly or you have to do just 5-10 min fabrication work. I have attached image for your reference, in which I have mentioned that you can fix the seat according to your required seat height.

Yesterday I was at Kurla Market, looking for front facing seat and that time a New brand Innova came there to ex-change its two single seats into 3 seater, after that vehicle had gone I asked Seatwala about those new seats, he quote me 12k. Seats were new brand, he may give those for 10k. Try your luck for those.
If you are looking for only Tavera's seat go directly to Ramesh seatwala at Kurla, he has lot of seats available and he is very much experienced, specially in hood and seats for Gypsy and Jeeps and export them also. Mine seats I got @ 6k which he quoted me 9k on the first visit, then 8k on the second visit and finally when I requested he has given me @ 6k.

Cheers !!

Sanjay

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0177.jpg

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0178.jpg

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0180.jpg

Old drills are marked in Red squares and height of vertical plate which I reduced by 2 inch by cutting is shown in white.

Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle-photo0179.jpg

You're a great help Sanjay and i am gonna call you and meet up with you very soon.

Meanwhile Harjeev continues to shy away from this thread. Will someone request him to fill in the gaps here? :D In the meanwhile ill try and request him for some pics to post, or if he can post directly too.

I spoke to him and the Jeep should be ready by this week. Then shipping time to Bombay. Sanjay get ready to be bombarded with my calls :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2355372)
You're a great help Sanjay and i am gonna call you and meet up with you very soon.

Meanwhile Harjeev continues to shy away from this thread. Will someone request him to fill in the gaps here? :D In the meanwhile ill try and request him for some pics to post, or if he can post directly too.

I spoke to him and the Jeep should be ready by this week. Then shipping time to Bombay. Sanjay get ready to be bombarded with my calls :D

Before you ship it out make sure the brakes work or else if you use the same transporter of mine you will find the jeep in a 6 food ditch.
Also while crossing the dhaisar check naka you will have shell out some bribes.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 (Post 2355811)
Before you ship it out make sure the brakes work or else if you use the same transporter of mine you will find the jeep in a 6 food ditch.
Also while crossing the dhaisar check naka you will have shell out some bribes.:thumbs up

David, I recalled your thread, there you have mentioned " real drama starts from here" (when your vehicle was in 6 feet ditch) keeping this in mind I decided to buy my Jeep from Pune auction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cj3bDog (Post 2351868)
Hi Team,

I am already subscribed to the MM550 restoration of sanjay (4x4 army) which is turning out to be a great restoration, particularly with the roll cage. I would also like to subscribe for this one too.

I am very confused between selecting a jeep for myself and have put my selection as CJ/CL340 (Girl Friend) vs MM550 (Wife). Keeping my options opened in the meanwhile, I request for the parts and service manual for both these vehicles.

A wise man once told me, girlfriends come and go, but a wife is forever. Well almost!!:D So i went for the MM550. Basically because of two reasons. I have plans to upgrade the engine and transmission in the future sometime after ive had fun with the original one and have understood the character of a LWB. I wanted to get a CL 340 but since i already have a CJ, i decided to get a MM. Of course the advantages of a SWB cannot be overlooked. Check, see, check again and then do what your heart tells you to do. Whatever you decide, you will be ultimately satisfied, as both have advantages and disadvantages over the other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 (Post 2355811)

Ah yes. In fact that was the first area which was attended to. And with Harjeev's watchful eye, im sure its a great job done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4army (Post 2355879)
David, I recalled your thread, there you have mentioned " real drama starts from here" (when your vehicle was in 6 feet ditch) keeping this in mind I decided to buy my Jeep from Pune auction.

Im subscribed to David's thread as well as yours Sanjay. Got a lot to learn from these, besides a few others. Lucky for me there are so many MM550's in the forum. i almost get a template for work to be done from there. Way to go guys!!
Re the octroi, better to get it down before the Octroi limits and drive it in to Bombay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2356586)
So i went for the MM550. Basically because of two reasons. I have plans to upgrade the engine and transmission in the future sometime after ive had fun with the original one and have understood the character of a LWB. I wanted to get a CL 340 but since i already have a CJ, i decided to get a MM. Of course the advantages of a SWB cannot be overlooked. Check, see, check again and then do what your heart tells you to do. Whatever you decide, you will be ultimately satisfied, as both have advantages and disadvantages over the other.

Good choice Gogi.. Make sure that you build it like a tank!!

I need some brutes to haul my Jonga out of trouble.. Got her home finally ;)

cheers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2356586)
A wise man once told me, girlfriends come and go, but a wife is forever. Well almost!!:D So i went for the MM550. Basically because of two reasons. I have plans to upgrade the engine and transmission in the future sometime after ive had fun with the original one and have understood the character of a LWB. I wanted to get a CL 340 but since i already have a CJ, i decided to get a MM. Of course the advantages of a SWB cannot be overlooked. Check, see, check again and then do what your heart tells you to do. Whatever you decide, you will be ultimately satisfied, as both have advantages and disadvantages over the other.

So I will go with the Wife keeping in mind that all possibilities of a girlfriend will still be looked upon (you simply CANNOT ignore the sheer beauty of the CJ3B platform). :)

Congrats Mate. Test drive kabhi hai!! Get her going for Examm and AKC. Do a lot of test Otrs and recce-s so that any problems will be ironed out by the events.

Lol @ CJ3Bdog

Quote:

Originally Posted by R32_GTR (Post 2357871)
Good choice Gogi.. Make sure that you build it like a tank!!

I need some brutes to haul my Jonga out of trouble.. Got her home finally ;)

cheers..

Recce this weekend in the Jonga!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2357924)
Congrats Mate. Test drive kabhi hai!! Get her going for Examm and AKC. Do a lot of test Otrs and recce-s so that any problems will be ironed out by the events.

Lol @ CJ3Bdog

My LED tail lights are in transit. i'm forwarding you the email.

Guys im leaving for Thailand on the 22nd and am there for a week (Phuket and Bangkok) I would really appreciate if anyone knows of any 4x4 - parts, shop, place, dealer from where i can pick up stuff. I had put up a wish list kindly add to that.

Gogi bhai i think Bangkok will be a better option, check with the taxi guys they know all the shops. Pick one of the souped up Corolla taxi's for assured guidance :)

Hi Gogi,

This is my wish list or shopping list for as mailed to you.
  1. Pro Comp Shocks ES 9000 ( check my MM550 thread for details)
  2. Hi lift Jack
  3. Grab Handles ( Rugged Ridge brand) The ones Tejas had in his classic.
  4. KC Daylighter driving lights ( 8" Spread )
  5. Tail Light Assembly - Wrangler type ( Normal bulb or LED )
  6. Jeep bra ( CJ type for the bonnet )
  7. LED Head lights for night offroading
  8. LED Torch/ Search Light
  9. Tow Strap - 5 tons
  10. D Shackles - 5-6 tons Rating
  11. Tree Truck protectors
  12. Snatch Block - 10 tons rated
  13. Tool Box
  14. Air Compressor
  15. Backup/ Reverse Light
  16. Tyre pressure Guage with deflator
  17. Tyre Repair Kit
  18. Battery Jump start Cable
  19. Rhino hooks for the front bumper

I don't have any contacts of 4x4 shops in Bangkok. But I am sure you will get some leads or pointers from fellow bhpians who have already visited there .
Cheers