Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 20:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

OK Now I AM TOTALLY Lost, LOL, I have been seing a brand new MAJOR in BTM Layout near 7th main Water Tank. Did not have the ***** to walk up to him and ask him to open the hood, But i think I have to go and get it done, Keep watching, i will try to get hold of the Manual and a few pics to prove the TC theory!
Old 29th January 2009, 19:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
No confusion, The Invader DI and Major specifications are same. Now Invader comes with a TC and 5 speed gear box and 16inch wheels.
It is pity that Mahindra did not update info on Invader and hence dealers also didnt. Half hearted approach towards Invader made it a slow seller.
The last time I checked, 2 months ago or so, the Invader FWD is only offered with the XDP3 motor, 4 speed tranny and 15 inch wheels. Again, this is the four wheel drive variant. A Mahindra dealer told me this.

Anybody got any different or new information? Like the thread originator, when I drove a FWD Bolero I was absolutely appalled at the hard steering and horrible lack of accelleration.

Is this Invader FWD OKBJ(open knucle ball joint), NGCS(new generation chassis system) and MRCBT(new steering)?

Again, anybody got any new or different info???
Old 29th January 2009, 20:37   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

DD:

I was at the Mahindra dealer in Kottayam, Kerala last month and they had two 4x4 Invaders there. Both had the TD engine with the 5 forward gears. Looks like the power train for the Invader 4x4 is same as the Major 4x4 now.

There is always a couple of 4x4 Major/Invaders/Pikups at the Kottayam dealer every time I go there, so I'll get some pictures when I go there next time.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 29th January 2009 at 20:39.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
DD:

I was at the Mahindra dealer in Kottayam, Kerala last month and they had two 4x4 Invaders there. Both had the TD engine with the 5 forward gears. Looks like the power train for the Invader 4x4 is same as the Major 4x4 now.
Thanks, Tini. Man, the dealers just do not get the right info or they lie. The Invader ain't great but 5 speeds and TD is a good starting point. You can add things to it and there is more room inside for heat/ac etc.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Thanks, Tini. Man, the dealers just do not get the right info or they lie. The Invader ain't great but 5 speeds and TD is a good starting point. You can add things to it and there is more room inside for heat/ac etc.
DD,
Invader is a good choice considering you are looking for a change to current spacio. This machine is also not drastically quick compared to say bolero DI turbo but is a little better due to slight weight advantage.

If you want a off road cum family vehicle Bolero DI is the only choice but if you have an alternate car then invader will be good.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
....If you want a off road cum family vehicle Bolero DI is the only choice but if you have an alternate car then invader will be good.
But Bolero 4X4 is not available with the TurboDI engine, right? Or is it ,now??
Old 30th January 2009, 14:15   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

No, its not. XD3P engine only.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
No, its not. XD3P engine only.
Entry level bolero DI turbo is available with 4wd. This doesnt come with power steering though. In SLX version it is available with XD3p only. SLE doesnt offer 4wd.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Okay, I am officially confused. I just got off my mobile.

Regarding FOUR WHEEL DRIVE only in the INVADER:

1.) I have a Mahindra dealer 1 hour East of me saying that the INVADER is only available in xd3p motor with 4 speed.

2.) I have a Mahindra dealer 2 hours West of me saying that the INVADER is available with mdi3200tc and 5 speed.

Frankly, I wish Toyota had an offering in this niche. At least I could get accurate information from them. And quality.

Does anybody in this forum have the definitive answer to this simple question?

I know Invader is available in 2 wheel drive with the 5 spd and MDI3200TC. I am only interested in four wheel drive. Does the INVADER, 4wd, come with mdi3200tc and the 5 forward speed tranny or is it still only offered with xd3p motor and 4 speed? OR, some combination of the above? Help!
Old 30th January 2009, 18:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Okay, I am officially confused. I just got off my mobile.

Regarding FOUR WHEEL DRIVE only in the INVADER:

1.) I have a Mahindra dealer 1 hour East of me saying that the INVADER is only available in xd3p motor with 4 speed.

2.) I have a Mahindra dealer 2 hours West of me saying that the INVADER is available with mdi3200tc and 5 speed.

Frankly, I wish Toyota had an offering in this niche. At least I could get accurate information from them. And quality.

Does anybody in this forum have the definitive answer to this simple question?

I know Invader is available in 2 wheel drive with the 5 spd and MDI3200TC. I am only interested in four wheel drive. Does the INVADER, 4wd, come with mdi3200tc and the 5 forward speed tranny or is it still only offered with xd3p motor and 4 speed? OR, some combination of the above? Help!
Invader now comes with only MDI 3200 TC and 5 speed tranny. XD3p with 4 speed was never an option on invader!! Go ahead and book you invader Di-turbo 4wd
Old 30th January 2009, 18:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

If that was the case then why have the Bolero 4wd with the XD3P engine? When all the other Bolero variants come with the DI Turbo? I dont see the reason to still continue the XD3P engine with 4wd if it was available in the DI Turbo itself.

IMO, I dont think the DI Turbo comes with 4wd. Only the XD3P comes with it and it either comes on the Bolero body or the Invader body. If you want the Invader without the 4wd - you will get the DI Turbo.

So:

"I want 4WD"
You get Bolero XD3P or Invader XD3P

I dont want 4WD
You get Bolero DI Turbo or Invader DI Turbo.

Make sense? I hope I am right though...or I am going to be skewered here.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:40   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
"I want 4WD"

I dont want 4WD

When I was seriously considering 4WD SUV option in 2007, Bolero 4x4 was one of the contendors. While investigating the engine choices, I was told by somebody with insider info that I can get either DI Turbo or XD3P if I am very particular about the engine. I think that is the reason for all this confusion, you can get both.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that was the case then why have the Bolero 4wd with the XD3P engine? When all the other Bolero variants come with the DI Turbo? I dont see the reason to still continue the XD3P engine with 4wd if it was available in the DI Turbo itself.

IMO, I dont think the DI Turbo comes with 4wd. Only the XD3P comes with it and it either comes on the Bolero body or the Invader body. If you want the Invader without the 4wd - you will get the DI Turbo.

So:

"I want 4WD"

I dont want 4WD

I see your logic redliner but the truth is 4wd is available on base vaiant of DI turbo. I have driven quite a few of them. Also Invader has now only DI turbo with or with out 4wd! Now your question why XD 3p only on SLX??? Well i dont really have an answer. May be they are clearing few old stock engines
Old 30th January 2009, 18:44   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

MY GOD! What utter confusion.

Imagine the accountants who are taking stock of all these things in the factory...they must be going mad...and mumbling these facts in their sleep at night! Heh heh heh
Old 30th January 2009, 19:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MY GOD! What utter confusion.

Imagine the accountants who are taking stock of all these things in the factory...they must be going mad...and mumbling these facts in their sleep at night! Heh heh heh
No. They were the ones who set this up! The engineers do it right and the accountants then improve it into the dirt.

Thanks for the help Vinod, Red, 4x4addict, Samurai etc.

My requirements up here are for more of a Himalaya car instead of a Ghat car so the Invader may be a good starting point for me with mods coming.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 30th January 2009 at 19:03.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks