Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 16:23   #61

Re: Gypsy King - Redefined

hello Anil,
any update on the progress of the vehicle- look forward to seeing some more pics.

Can you please email me your contact details at t_sajan@hotmail.com for a gypsy project i plan to do.
Old 4th June 2012, 10:25   #62
BHPian

Dear friends here is the final version of my gypsy, almost everything is done except A/C, which is also on the way very soon, trying to source the original A/C components of samurai or jimny.
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-aa.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-aa2.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-aa3.jpg  

Anil Vincent is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 16:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

it looks very tastefully done. However, with a ST and large clear areas- will the aircon be effective?
Old 9th June 2012, 07:30   #64
BHPian

Very well done up!!!! Alloys look super and even the ST is well designed!! Enjoy your ride!!! Put up some Pics of the interiors also!!!
Old 9th June 2012, 09:54   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent
Dear friends here is the final version of my gypsy, almost everything is done except A/C, which is also on the way very soon, trying to source the original A/C components of samurai or jimny.
Nice!

The compressor in my old gyp was the same one in the Maruti 1000 and was a Sanden 507.

In my old shape 1984 model 800 there was a Sanden 505 compressor. That vehicle was fully imported as per the parts all of which were original Suzuki.

All susequent 800's which came along in the old shape after indigenization as well as in the newer shape etc, had Sanden 507's as per my memory, as did the Maruti 1000's.

My first gyp which was the simple MG410 1988 model soft top , didnt have AC at all.

The one I am referring to above was my second one which was a 1995 MG410W and probably one of the later ones made with the 1000 cc engine, had the hard top and a retro fit AC. Worked very well. Good vehicle that old Gyp.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 21:54   #66
BHPian

The gypsy has come out really well. I love those wheels. Where did u get those from?
I cannot wait for a ride in it. Work very well done. Hats off to you.
Old 10th June 2012, 13:52   #67

Hey Anil,

Neatly finished end result - classy . Some more pics of the interior and engine bay ( after the final finish state) . Wish it was here - to take a drive
Old 14th June 2012, 11:42   #68
BHPian

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and appreciation.

Quote:
it looks very tastefully done. However, with a ST and large clear areas- will the aircon be effective?
Hi Madan, the driver cabin is having a removable metal top, which is fully heat insulated on top and 100% leak proof, the soft top extents over the rear cabin in the same way. I tested it many times with high pressure water and it is completely leak proof, even in the heavy monsoon in kerala we found it excellent with no water drippings inside. But with AC installation this is not enough, the soft top will get further upgraded especially a double layer fabric for top area with thermal form in between for the heat insulation and a better lockable (sealable) rear opening. The transparent area and the black coloured material are jointed not by stiching, but by thermal pressing so that too is fully leak proof.

Quote:
Very well done up!!!! Alloys look super and even the ST is well designed!! Enjoy your ride!!! Put up some Pics of the interiors also!!!
Thanks Arbind, yes sure i will soon post some better pictures for interior

Last edited by Anil Vincent : 14th June 2012 at 11:44.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nice!

The compressor in my old gyp was the same one in the Maruti 1000 and was a Sanden 507.

In my old shape 1984 model 800 there was a Sanden 505 compressor. That vehicle was fully imported as per the parts all of which were original Suzuki.

All susequent 800's which came along in the old shape after indigenization as well as in the newer shape etc, had Sanden 507's as per my memory, as did the Maruti 1000's.

My first gyp which was the simple MG410 1988 model soft top , didnt have AC at all.

The one I am referring to above was my second one which was a 1995 MG410W and probably one of the later ones made with the 1000 cc engine, had the hard top and a retro fit AC. Worked very well. Good vehicle that old Gyp.
Thanks for the information Sir, my old gypsy (1994 MG410) was having a sanden compressor and super king evaporator & blower unit. The installation was not very satisfactory, especially the compressor mounting, location of the blower unit, and all the pipings, i was not very satisfied with the installation. More over it made the vehicle very underpowered when A/C switched on and caused over heating. So this time i will go for all OE fitemnt
which comes in suzuki samurai / jimny. I already found some here and attached are the pics for the same.

Dashboard on old model Suzuki Jimny (same as gypsy) with in housed evaporator,blower, A/C controls and ducts, all these fits neat & clean inside and it is a bolt on fitting to gypsy with out much modifications required and all the wirings, pipings etc are well concealed.
Gypsy King - Redefined-dsc00228.jpg
Gypsy King - Redefined-dsc00226.jpg

Compressor mounted with OE brackets above the powersteering pump bracket, my gypsy is now having excatly the same bracket and powersteering pump so the compressor can be mounted easily and neatly.
Gypsy King - Redefined-ac-1.jpg
Gypsy King - Redefined-ac-2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-ac-1.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-ac-2.jpg  

Anil Vincent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 12:22   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent

Thanks for the information Sir, my old gypsy (1994 MG410) was having a sanden compressor and super king evaporator & blower unit. The installation was not very satisfactory, especially the compressor mounting, location of the blower unit, and all the pipings, i was not very satisfied with the installation. More over it made the vehicle very underpowered when A/C switched on and caused over heating. So this time i will go for all OE fitemnt
which comes in suzuki samurai / jimny. I already found some here and attached are the pics for the same.

Dashboard on old model Suzuki Jimny (same as gypsy) with in housed evaporator,blower, A/C controls and ducts, all these fits neat & clean inside and it is a bolt on fitting to gypsy with out much modifications required and all the wirings, pipings etc are well concealed.

Compressor mounted with OE brackets above the powersteering pump bracket, my gypsy is now having excatly the same bracket and powersteering pump so the compressor can be mounted easily and neatly.
Yes even I had that superking ac and the switch was located on the right side near the steering column below the ignition key.
Very irritating it was.
Too many pipes and things all over the place, plus there used to be a condensation leak near the clutch and I used to get regular drips of cold water on my shoe!
Old 14th June 2012, 12:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The gypsy has come out really well. I love those wheels. Where did u get those from?
I cannot wait for a ride in it. Work very well done. Hats off to you.
Thanks Tharakan, when ever you pass through alleppey next time please let me know, you can always visit our house and take a drive in it. Alloywheel are imported from Dubai, made in Taiwan.

Quote:
Neatly finished end result - classy . Some more pics of the interior and engine bay ( after the final finish state) . Wish it was here - to take a drive
Thanks Sajan, i wish you all the best for your Gypsy project too and you can always call me for what ever help required with it.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

That's a very neatly done up gypsy Anil.Looks subtle yet imposing, makes for a good head turner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Alloywheel are imported from Dubai, made in Taiwan.
On a lighter note, Taiwan to Allepey was closer .
Old 31st July 2012, 18:13   #73
BHPian

Hey, is it possible for you to get me one of these dash board ,how much will it cost ,with all the switches and the meters,you can PM me,i have bee looking for it since a long time
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-dsc00228.jpg  

Old 17th August 2012, 12:01   #74
BHPian

Need Gypsy 413 Intermediate shaft

Hi Folks,
Sorry for sneaking into your thread.
I need a used intermediate shaft from a 5 speed gearbox of a Gypsy king. Condition is not a problem.
If some one has got please PM me.
-Ilango
(Pune)
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:39   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
After the installation and a short test drive we noticed some unusual vibration on the steering pump drive belt and it is found that the pulley we used (this was an MGP item - crank pulley for maruti esteem with power steering) was cracked from inside. Later we solved this issue by using another single pulley which can accomodate two drive belts on it, instead of joining two different pulleys together.
Is the Esteem double pulley wheel the same diameter as the Gypsy? The Gypsy pulley is 134mm and weights roughly 1kg.

I dont like the lack of integration of stereo unit in the Gypsy dash and wont mind importing a Jimny dashboard too. Where can we get one?

Thanks
--R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks