Team-BHP - Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/11847-trax-gurkha-good-gets-4.html)

Also, at very high speeds, while fuel supplied increases, the air/oxygen supply may not be enough to burn all the supplied fuel. And, all the supplied fuel may not be completely burned. Hence the drop in mileage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor
Also, at very high speeds, while fuel supplied increases, the air/oxygen supply may not be enough to burn all the supplied fuel. And, all the supplied fuel may not be completely burned. Hence the drop in mileage.

Yeah, unless you have a scoop on the front bonnet for air inlet, like in the new scorpio.. Feeding fresh air+oxygen into the engine..

Also, the main consequence of the loss of air is less power resulting in wastage of fuel and less speed.. Modern Diesel engines have an ECU unit, which checks for exhaust fumes to detect semi-burnt fumes and provide feedback control loop to reduce the fuel injections giving better F.E. Of-course, you gotta pay for the technology..

A brick shaped car will always give less FE at high speeds
Why does gypsy king top out around 120-130? The answer is the shape, if it was more aerodynamic the top speed would have been much higher.

Quote:

A brick shaped car will always give less FE at high speeds
Why does gypsy king top out around 120-130? The answer is the shape, if it was more aerodynamic the top speed would have been much higher.
:) True ! My 1998 Carb. King tops out at 100~105 (110 with favourable winds!). Can do what I want - the brick front does it!

The newer MPFI Kings are faster. Have seen them go upto 135~140 (tailwinds again!)

The thread is going off topic......

Awesome review Ram... Truly mind blowing.

I am getting one for myself. Need to drive one first.

Looks like this is the answer for my off roading needs. From what iread here makes my Classic look like an urban vehicle. If the Judo can do what it shows in the video, i can tell you from my own experience that the Classic needs to do a lot of learning.

Anyone game for giving a test drive?

May join you - do you want to ping Khivraj first?

Hey Spitfire / condor, Did you guys take a test drive ? any updates. just saw the video yesterday, man its awesome.

In all fairness Judo has it's advantages and disadvantages. It has a larger turning radius as compared to the MM 540s. But If you have to travel 500 km in a MM540 it would be very uncomfortable.

Judo is a large vehicle that can comfortably seat 7 people. But it is heavier than the MMs. It offers good ride comfort , stability , ride comfort ..I have recently put Goodyear wrangler 275/70/R16 s on my judo and the on road performance is superb.. but offroad traction has suffered by about 15 % . Thanks to the diff locks I have not felt the pinch yet.

To see some videos of my Judo's street tires performing in clay go to

www.force4x4.com/personalvideo

scroll all the way to the bottom

In short if you have 3 cars and you want a vry nimble offroader then a MM with diff locks ( if you can get diff locks ) would be great... but for a person like me , I travel 350 km to get to the places I offraod , to me onroad ride comfort , safety , A/C etc matter .... so judo is a great compromise.

Is Pete's tuning box available for the Gurkha CRDI engine ??

I went through the website of rrnsss and also through force motors website. The merc engine used to pump out 99bhp. Any idea about the HP and specs of the latest DI. Website of bajaj tempo does not give any info except for CC info

Arre man tum bhi kya yaad rakhega, maine google ko kitna sataya...heheh..

But here goes details of the OM 611 Direct Injection Mercedes-Benz Engine (IN production since 1998) :)

Mercedes Benz OM611

No. of cylinders/valves per cylinder 4 inline/4
Displacement 2151 cc
Bore 88 mm
Stroke 88.4 mm
Rated Power 92 kW at 4200 RPM
Max. Torque 300 Nm from 1800 to 2600 RPM
Compression Ratio 19:1

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker

Mercedes Benz OM611

No. of cylinders/valves per cylinder 4 inline/4
Displacement 2151 cc
Bore 88 mm
Stroke 88.4 mm
Rated Power 92 kW at 4200 RPM
Max. Torque 300 Nm from 1800 to 2600 RPM
Compression Ratio 19:1

125 bhp, 300 nm????

This sounds like a common rail motor.

The Gurkha/Judo uses an OM616 and not a 611.

I am absolutely positive on that information boss...

Plz look under new aggregates section of the TraX

http://www.forcemotors.com/html/whatsnew.aspx

I went to the Judo homepage, and did not see this engine in the specs. I seriously doubt it is this indian in the Trax. It may be there only for the export version. I am more interested in the specs for the DI engine in the Judo being offered right now.

OM611 is the CRDI engine option across the MUV range of all Trax varients.

Correction: As per Force website it seems only the 'short wheelbase' aka Gurkha model has a 'Common Rail Direct Injection' option available.

I wonder how much the CRDI engine would raise its price by ???