Team-BHP - Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/11847-trax-gurkha-good-gets-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 376008)
Here are couple of interesting links on Gurkha.

template(force)1

template(force)1

Nice Links sir! Any idea whats the price of the JUDO Dx and the Gurkhaplease:

The FE numbers are horrible..I suppose this is without engaging 4WD and without AC in the hard top version? And for the BSIII engine?

The average life of this engine before any overhaul is 300000km! Any comparision with other engines like Bolero/Sumo/Safari?

Let's not compare this to a car.

Quote:

Overall*: 8.65kmpl
Highway: 12.1kmpl
City: 7.5kmpl
Fuel Tank Capacity: 63
Range: 545km
How's this when compared to a Safari or Scorpio or Qualis?

Hi Friends,

Safari 3.0 Dicor gives 8.9 in city & 12 in highway, while scorpio crde gives 9.7 in city & 13.4 on highway.

But I think the battle will fireup when all of them come with 2.2ltr crdi engines.

For gurkha according to me, where it is used is more important than what FE it gives, while others are morely urban dwellers wherein FE is really on our calculators.

By year end Force Motors will come up with new engine & powertrain; here is a detail coverage on Force Motors done by CV magazine, it is mainly focused on Force Man Trucks but also covers future strategy on ongoing products.

http://www.forcemotors.com/uploads/C...20Vehicle5.pdf

Even if they change body to project Devak of DC design it would give a hard task to these urban dwellers.

Off the beaten Trax

:Frustrati can't wait to get my hands on the New Trax....clap:cheers: to Force

Are you sure this is a Gurkha, there is no snorkel Type Air Intake in these.

Is this the model Force has been threatening to launch with the OM611!!!I hope the one with snorkel featured in CAR magazine is retained.

It's almost cartoonish, looks like a scale model. The SWB one appears to have racing tyres instead of Off-roading tyres. Aaltoo, you can post the source of your image.

I dont see what is there to get so excited about the vehicles in the picture - they're basically very superficial cosmetic nose-jobs with lots of plastic. If you check out the rest of the 'Trax' (not Macho) it is exactly the same old trax LWB hardbody vehicle they've been selling all these years. Sliding rear windows and flat pressed-steel body panels included!

And this Macho thing looks like an oversized golf cart in toy colors!

This looks like yet another DC effort - quite similar to the ghastly work they did on the Armada a few years back. The front totally out of sync with the rest of the vehicle.

that trax macho...hope they're not serious about unleashing something on the roads !! looks like those puky DC designs !! the new trax looks ok...but with such a bold & new design, the fit and finish department will have to slog it out...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 376893)
And this Macho thing looks like an oversized golf cart in toy colors.

Would it make you feel better if i told you that they had been harping on this....thing(s) as Sumo/Tavera/Innova competitor for it luxury/call-center market!

I just hope this is not the one.

@:Altoo where did you find this article?Seems like an official release,any more pics/info?

Quote:

Altoo where did you find this article?Seems like an official release,any more pics/info?

Guyzz...its right on their corporate website...just try finding it:p....if you guyz still cud't find it...I'll definitely post the link....I guess Jeepers on this forum are enough capable to find this thing on their site<if this line by any chance sounded to you as an offensive..thensorry:>...take it as a challenge as jeepers always luv to take it...

by the way....as I found this pic on their website....I believe that they will launch Macho and the New Trax....

as per my assumptions......Macho is the next gen model of Gurkha<can someone confirm this??>....

and as someone has already mentioned....The New Trax has the same body with some plastic work[I guess its plastic] on the fronts....

and if you check out the "what's new" section on the website....a OM611 CRDI engine is displayed...I guess these 2 MUVs will roll out with this engine...specifications?? anyone there who can give out the details of this engine???

but but but.......I would be very happy if a snorkel version of the New Trax is also available....

How about getting the mercedes guys over,

while the g wagon has changed from:

to

same cant be said about force motors,yes we dont want this much of a drastic change[rather cant afford] but surely quality needs to improve a lot more even for Indian conditions.

Pics source:
Inside Line: Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen -

I got that pic from the company brochure <pdf file>....click this link and move your cursor to top right of the page...you should find the file....

...::: Welcome to the Area of Home Contacts section of Force Motors :::...

and guys I am sorry for using excessive smileys in my last 2 posts....won't do that again.

Thank you.

I guess they had showcased one of the models in the Auto Expo some years back. It looked good then and now its outdated!