Team-BHP - Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/11847-trax-gurkha-good-gets-9.html)

very true...i hope the refine their levels of 'fit & finish'. i don't understand their marketing strategy (if there is one at all). their vehicles could easily compete with the sumo/qualis/tavera people movers, if they improved on quality. they need to urbanize the current rural image of theirs.

SAMURAI sir , i read the entire thread and also saw the awesome video.
No wonder, u r totally inclined towards the GURKHA. Go ahead and feel the beast.

I'll suggest to see the durablity of The Engines..... (EGR and all on an existing Engine.. may..Well.. ahem.. I cannot comment on something which I don't know.. But just my feeling)... If it is Developed with Merc.. I'd Close my eyes and go ahead...

Force motors are very slow in development though they have good products in hand.. take the case of trax they had showed the new body of trax & Macho... at autoexpo 2006 but still its not on road. before that in expo04 they had showed Bagira, which was to take on Scorpio which never came to production... likewise firstly they had showed Minifour which still not in market while Tata motors took the clue & developed ACE & see what a sucess story it is.

Like wise OM611 2.2 ltr engine was ready with them at expo06... while they were no thought for the same from Mahindras or Tata & now they are on verge of launching the same, while Force motors have not yet productionised it.

Only they know what their strategy is.......

Quote:

their vehicles could easily compete with the sumo/qualis/tavera people movers
They already are ,especially the Cruiser Classic (13+D)
and the Toofan Classic

hi this is ashwat from bombay i have been reading about gurkha & judo since a long time ,, have u been to this site force4x4.com it provides a lot of info on the trax vehicles.. i like the gurkha & judo a lot they look good too & have good performance i would luv buyin it rather than goin for any SUV.. I had contacted navnit motors they r the dealers in maharshtar for force motors .. when i called them up the executive told me that only 2 models r available i.e. gama & gurkha and that too gurkha is made as per order ,, he said he'll mail me the brochure lets c how it works out..

So they have renamed the Judo as the Gamma ?

I would like to know what is the 'essential' difference between the Judo and Gama ?

Meanwhile I am going to checkout the Gurkha when my cousin gets delivery.[/quote]
when is ur cousin getting delivery. ?
eagerly waiting for u to take the the TD, and make the GURKHA , a suitable 4*4 for enthusiasts in t-bhp, just like how BALENOs image is being uplifted by urself and fellow bhp-ians

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbr (Post 372426)
when is ur cousin getting delivery. ?
eagerly waiting for u to take the the TD, and make the GURKHA , a suitable 4*4 for enthusiasts in t-bhp, just like how BALENOs image is being uplifted by urself and fellow bhp-ians

Better yet I am hoping to make him signup as a Team-BHPian. But he may hesitate for the same reasons why Ramchandran (BHPian rrnsss, owner of force4x4.com website) dropped off from this thread. When you own a rare vehicle that even dealers don't stock, you are expected to give TD to all kind of strangers who vary from serious buyers to casual TD enthusiast. That can bug the hell out of you.

I know a little about this. I own one of the only two Automatic Santro in my District and the dealers here call up whenever they get queries for TD on an automatic. They even expect me to bring the car to the dealership. But I always refuse and tell them they have to come to my house at my convenience for TD. So far they have never shown up, the 10Kms drive is too much I guess. Besides, the TD of Auto Santro on Universal K&N may give an entirely different idea.:)

As things stand can one book a Gurkha with OM611 engine in a month from now ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 373488)
As things stand can one book a Gurkha with OM611 engine in a month from now ??

That is a very optimistic thing to say, it may be still made to order kind of deal, it at all they offer it.

hey hi this is ashwat from bombay , i need some help guys.. i went to the this dealer navnit motors in bombay he told me that the judo model is not available & its production has been stopped but instead they have launched the GAMA which looks wise is ok but no 4x4 in tht model , but there is the limited edition of gurkha which is called black beauty & it will be available only in black & no other colour,,, the price for that in hard top is Rs.7,20,000/- approximately bombay registered , i asked the executive tht is there any test drive available or any vehicle which has come for delivery which he could show me , he said he would get in touch as soon as a vehicle comes in .. is there any one who has booked this car please let me bcoz im also interested in buyin it, if any 1 has the pics of gurkha pls mail me at ashwat.p@gmail.com

Gama is 9+1 people carrier, not what you want. The only available pic of Gurkha is here, it is the one on the left, this one is soft top.

Being a UV Fan, I always liked the Judo look ( to me a hummer look alike). And after going through the comments and videos, I wonder how many vehicles Gorkha owners have.

I mean if I have that kind of money to afford, I will own a small car for office, large sedan / Innova for family - long drive and finally the fun factor - 4x4 (Gurkha / CL / CJ/ Gypsy).

My humble question to my fellow BHP'ians is if a person have limited finance (parking space too) do you own a Judo?. and how about After sales support , spares?.

Here are couple of interesting links on Gurkha.

template(force)1

template(force)1