Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 22:23   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Well in the absence of any other suitable off roader available, sold my MM 550 and paid for a Thar, will get it in a couple of weeks I guess. Let it be there, may drive it sometimes.
Many congratulations. If possible, kindly explain your buying decision in a more detailed way.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 22:23   #677
BANNED

Well said Sree.

Climax is like a hindi movie here.Villain became hero and hero to a villain.Good job by M&Ms - RAW team !!.

Samjne walon ko eshara kafi hota hai..

Last edited by Rajith : 20th September 2013 at 22:25.
Rajith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 00:05   #678
Senior - BHPian

"Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost"

Kahani mein twist aya hai!

Mabrook Shahid Bhai. looking forward for your posts on the new Thar.
Old 21st September 2013, 00:28   #679
BHPian

I can very well imagine the grin on BD sir's face. What an anti-climax.
human_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 01:23   #680
J.B
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Did mahindra launched a new Thar?? or there is no wrangler ?? 45 pages, that too giving enough confusion for members and peoples who follows the forum, buyers.

Mods I think the entire thread should be deleted, Oh yes its 5 star thread.
I ve been a silent follower of this thread and while it is indeed a U turn by the OP, I think we got to give it to him for having the guts to admit that. I am sure all of us do such things, it could be either due to change in perspective or just to survive.

And I think there is no need to delete the thread. I am sure it helped to bring out the merits and demerits of the Thar in detail and it would be of more help to Mahindra, if not for anyone else in planning their next off-roader.

cheers!

Last edited by J.B : 21st September 2013 at 01:24. Reason: Grammar
J.B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 03:53   #681
Team-BHP Support

Congrats desertfox. That was really a surprise. Hope the Thar can now live up to your expectations of lack of expectations, whichever way you put it
Old 21st September 2013, 08:08   #682
BHPian

Mod Note: Post deleted. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family, and any discriminating or derogatory comment will NOT be permitted.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st September 2013 at 13:31.
Old 21st September 2013, 09:00   #683
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.

I was silent follower of this thread and somehow I expected this all along :-D .

A long thread means a lot of emotional investment is there in this product.

Often deep criticism arises from subconscious appriciation may be psychologists here can throw more light on this.

Now I can predict next two stages as well.

Second stage should be buyers remorse where he will compare and complain why despite all the data he purchased this piece of junk. This may last up to two years or till warranty period.

After buyers remorse period is over it will be followed by stage of unbashed loyalty and fanboyism.

Nothing unusual just normal product ownership cycle.
amitk26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 11:15   #684
BHPian

Lol desertfox, heartiest congratulations nevertheless! I hope you start another thread titled "How to make your Thar an offroader".

Btw, was Arka's diff-locker thread the game-changer in your decision? IMHO that man has single-handedly done what no other M&M employee could till now: he has actually made hardcore offroaders sit up and take notice of the Thar as a potentially serious offroader.

Last edited by vivekjayasheel : 21st September 2013 at 11:28.
Old 21st September 2013, 12:19   #685
BHPian

Desert Fox should change his handle to "the wily desert Fox" . Congratulations on the buy !

Jokes apart i do not see the reason why some members are aghast at his selection and want the thread to be deleted.

There are countless ownership threads which are also against a particular manufacturer , should we also delete the threads ?

Truth is that we do not have a viable alternative to the Thar Period and all these comments about corporate maneuvers to have desert Fox buy a Thar are a bit far fetched to say the least.

Sreejmp -It helped only him and it confused common man, I am sure , Its not like he bought thar, Thar (foolish MM idiots) Bought Him.

I guess you also drive a MM550 which spends half his time in the garage , The" foolish MM idiots" bought you much earlier.

Last edited by wbd8779 : 21st September 2013 at 12:22.
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 12:37   #686
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! It's an ok vehicle and very comfortable one at that. Offroad well it has limitations due to the front IFS, rest you will definitely enjoy and its not pathetic either, ie if you have gentle right foot.
Old 21st September 2013, 13:35   #687
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase.

We would be keen to know the thought process behind going ahead with the purchase.

Firstly, many of the issues you had highlighted were genuine issues - only point of disagreement was that they were a big deal for you and not a big deal for some other people. Those issues are still there - so what reduced their significance to you is what would be beneficial to prospective buyers reading this thread.

Secondly, any reason why you decided not to wait for the "Jeep" anymore? Or is that purchase still in the pipeline?. Any specific update on engine specs and pricing information (which you seemed to have access to earlier) would also be helpful to all reading this thread.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:16   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well in the absence of any other suitable off roader available, sold my MM 550 and paid for a Thar, will get it in a couple of weeks I guess. Let it be there, may drive it sometimes.
It surely is an anti climax! However, I agree that the decision is based on lack of available options. If you need an offroader, Thar it is. Will wait for your ownership review, We deserve one from you, isn't it?

Congrats, anyways.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:53   #689
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Desertfox

Interesting twist,

A more detailed reasoning will am sure follow.

Will be keen to view a separate ownership thread on the vehicle from you in due course.

Nothing illogical or to strange about going in for the vehicle after noting all it's imperfections. Infact expectations would already be set clear. It was a good thread and yet the change in direction raises the potential for an even more interesting perspective.
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:11   #690
BHPian

Hello Desert Fox,
Appreciate you sharing the news that you have gifted yourself a new Thar. Congrats.
What changed in the Thar for it to become suddenly appeasing to you?
Your tone in most of your Thar bashing posts elsewhere and this whole thread was in support of anything that has a 4WD, or even without one, except the Thar for god-forbid all reasons in heaven and earth put together.

On several occasions, I wanted to reply to your posts (at-least some of them), but then, I was convinced that nothing can come in the way of your anti-Thar movement. And here you go now gulping down your own venom!
You just took us all for a jolly good ride, in-effect.

Some of your statements still keep intriguing, honestly. How about this one:

Quote:
Not at all, I am not a lifestyle segment entry at all if that is what a typical THAR boy is.
I need a Jeep for some serious off road work. A vehicle needs to endure the beating given by off road terrain.
If the Thar has been designed to go on the beach a la aka small Suzuki Vitara or Jimmy or SWB RAV4 there are no beaches here, the sand is serious sand of the riverbank in some extremely remote area where the city boy will not dare ever.
I am not the one who puts huge woofers and music system in a Jeep wannabe lookalike clone , takes off the top and parks next to an ice cream shop with blaring disco music. Perhaps the Thar has been designed for exactly this cult.
Congrats, you are now officially a "Typical THAR city boy driving a Jeep wannabe lookalike clone" (in your own words). Wonder which cult would you now position yourself into? Quite anxious!

All the above and much more of your such statements were directed at the past/present/future Thar owners of this forum and elsewhere. In a sense, they all were personal attacks. If you don't like a product, or rather hate it, don't buy it. Period.

Mods, I believe, I have not got into any personal attack territory here. I am merely quoting Mr.Fox's own words and trying to figure out why the member had to make so much of a hoopla about a product, which perhaps, in the first place, he never bothered to understand, if not study fully about, given his vast experience and automotive credentials to boot, as could be read in one of his posts. I think, this is a very unhealthy trend and setting a wrong predicament for the forum.

Last edited by jeeva : 22nd September 2013 at 11:16.
jeeva is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks