Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - Forged in Hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks for the info!! Can we buy the hard top and get it fixed in bangalore as well? Was planning to buy a thar and hence the questions!
Last time I heard Prabhu has some arrangements for the HT to be fitted in Bangalore. You should call him for details.
TuxDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 22:11   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
There are only a handful of opportunities which can change the direction of your life! It was a similar philosophy that made me buy the Thar.

There are very few vehicles that excite me and all of them have one thing in common: they somehow inspire me to drive, without me even getting into the vehicle. I like a car that makes me want to drive forever.

The way a car looks can be the most important part of that equation. I wish some of the older cars were still manufactured with newer and efficient engines. Sorry to say, but the newer space age designs of most cars don't appeal to me at all. For someone like me, the Thar CRDe makes a lot of sense!

My requirement: It has to be bea-u-ti-ful!! It should want to make me drive. It should make me dream of long trips to nowhere, while I watch it quietly parked in my porch!
Dear datvichrox2 - hello there once again!

Dude, except for a huge "THANK YOU" I don't think I need to say anything. You have said everything in the "quote" above! So, "THANK YOU".

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

PS (can't help it) - use it without the wheel caps, keep the wheel rims black only, then watch it, quietly parked in your porch, it is indeed a pity that only very few will understand, but I know that your comment will be priceless ----- QED! .
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

When was your vehicle delivered?,and what was the month of production?(Couldnt find details in the write up).

I got mine on 25th December 2013.Clutch noise,which goes away when you press the clutch is present in mine as well,and is noticeable after a long drive.I checked another thar that a friend purchased in January 2014,and the sound is present in it as well.
Is this how is it supposed to be?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 23rd April 2014 at 07:08.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Clutch noise, which goes away when you press the clutch is present in mine as well, and is noticeable after a long drive. I checked another thar that a friend purchased in January 2014,and the sound is present in it as well. Is this how is it supposed to be?
Dear akshay4587 - no, clutch noise is not supposed to be like what you have quoted. There should be no noise. There is a correct way to achieve it. Follow this up (and don't give up) till this is done. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear akshay4587 - no, clutch noise is not supposed to be like what you have quoted. There should be no noise. There is a correct way to achieve it. Follow this up (and don't give up) till this is done. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks a lot Sir,will follow up on it.
Another thing that has been irritating is squeaking noise
It starts at about 30Km/hr and sometimes goes away after driving for about 2kms and sometimes it doesn't.Its like a continuous sound as if something is running without lubrication.At the first service,after sales people diagnosed it to be coming from the front left bearing which is not in stock yet.
Anything else that can be checked?
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks for the info!! Can we buy the hard top and get it fixed in bangalore as well? Was planning to buy a thar and hence the questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Last time I heard Prabhu has some arrangements for the HT to be fitted in Bangalore. You should call him for details.
I got it done in December. I had enquired about shipping it to Bangalore and getting it installed. Its not exactly DIY because some panels needed to be grinded to achieve good fit.
The cost of him sending his boys to Bangalore too was there. It was coming up almost same as travelling to Hyd and getting it done, so I chose to drive. The drive was enjoyable, so no complaints. Its possible that he has made some arrangements for fitting the HT in Bangalore.

Quote:

Dude, except for a huge "THANK YOU" I don't think I need to say anything. You have said everything in the "quote" above! So, "THANK YOU".

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

PS (can't help it) - use it without the wheel caps, keep the wheel rims black only, then watch it, quietly parked in your porch, it is indeed a pity that only very few will understand, but I know that your comment will be priceless ----- QED! .
Thanks to you too, sir!
My favorite look is the Thar with soft top and insect mesh and no wheel covers. This is how I had it until I got the Hard top done.
Hard top was giving a slightly modern look to the Thar, so I was experimenting with painted wheel covers.
Overall, I like to change the vehicles look once in a few months, just to keep things fresh! Of course this should not burn a hole in my pocket.
In the end, there are so many variations I can do with the Thar that I don't get bored at all! Just a simple removal of wheel covers or insect mesh is all it takes!

Quote:
Congrats

When was your vehicle delivered?,and what was the month of production?(Couldnt find details in the write up).

I got mine on 25th December 2013.Clutch noise,which goes away when you press the clutch is present in mine as well,and is noticeable after a long drive.I checked another thar that a friend purchased in January 2014,and the sound is present in it as well.
Is this how is it supposed to be?
Thanks! Vehicle was delivered in Nov 1st week. Manufactured in Oct2013 - D2Jxxxxx. This has the new updates (fixed flange etc).
The clutch sound comes only after a long drive, as u said.

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sir,will follow up on it.
Another thing that has been irritating is squeaking noise
It starts at about 30Km/hr and sometimes goes away after driving for about 2kms and sometimes it doesn't.Its like a continuous sound as if something is running without lubrication.At the first service,after sales people diagnosed it to be coming from the front left bearing which is not in stock yet.
Anything else that can be checked?
I had this issue the first day I brought the vehicle home. Took it back the next day to get it checked. It was coming from the front right wheel for me.
They sprayed rust-off into the wheel and the noise went away. The sound comes and goes for a few seconds, but very rarely now. No longer an issue for me. They said it was the 'dust cover' that needed some lube.
I had uploaded the sound clip here: https://soundcloud.com/vimalkrishna/...st-cover-noise
datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Vehicle was delivered in Nov 1st week. Manufactured in Oct2013 - D2Jxxxxx. This has the new updates (fixed flange etc).
The clutch sound comes only after a long drive, as u said.

I had this issue the first day I brought the vehicle home. Took it back the next day to get it checked. It was coming from the front right wheel for me.
They sprayed rust-off into the wheel and the noise went away. The sound comes and goes for a few seconds, but very rarely now. No longer an issue for me. They said it was the 'dust cover' that needed some lube.
I had uploaded the sound clip here: https://soundcloud.com/vimalkrishna/...st-cover-noise
Exactly,this is how it sounds in mine.Can you tell me as to where exactly did they spray rust off?,i will get it done in mine ASAP,its going to be almost 4 months with this problem
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:28   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Datvichrox2 and welcome to jeepers club.You really took the right decision in sticking to Thar as the Force motors is unpredictable .Wish you tons and tons of happy jeeping ahead
regards
praveen singh
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Thanks TuxDiesel. I will check with Prabhu.

Quote:
I got it done in December. I had enquired about shipping it to Bangalore and getting it installed. Its not exactly DIY because some panels needed to be grinded to achieve good fit.
The cost of him sending his boys to Bangalore too was there. It was coming up almost same as travelling to Hyd and getting it done, so I chose to drive. The drive was enjoyable, so no complaints. Its possible that he has made some arrangements for fitting the HT in Bangalore.
Thank you datvichrox2. I will call and check with Prabhu about the cost and if it does not make sense to ship it to bangalore then I will go your route and travel to Hyd.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:

I agree, nothing like the look of the plain black rims. Takes time though for them to grow on you.
samwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:16   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
I agree, nothing like the look of the plain black rims. Takes time though for them to grow on you.
Dear Samwagon - hello there! Such requirements are known as "CUSTOMER'S LATENT DESIRES". One of the perfect examples of knowledge of such dormant requirements is the original Maruti 800 of 1983 (design code = SS80). At 66% of weight of the competition, they were at least 2 points ahead on each and every "Product Attribute". The guys knew exactly where to hit! They had the CONTENT also, not only process. The rest is history.

Now I am raising the bar, keep the wheel rims same, put 245/75R16 JK Elanzo tires and see the stance improve , remove the front bumper, fit the original MM540 (non-NGCS) bumper which is a part of the chassis, remove the rear bumperettes, fit the original CJ3B spring steel oval bumperettes, fit the rear number plate on the RH side of the tail gate, use two Bajaj Pulsar number plate lights, remove all nameplate stickers, use only JEEP nameplate, one on each side in front of the doors, remove the original headlights, use Hella German lights with 140/130 watts with P43t bulbs, remove the fender mounted front lights, use original Hella German grille mounted small lights, remove the FRP fender extensions, paint them shining black and refit them perfectly by using M6*1.0 size fasteners instead of M5*0.8 size screws, remove all foot steps.

These are "CUSTOMER'S LATENT DESIRES". I know that you and others on these threads will understand because we are all JEEP GUYS! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Mr Behram Dhabar,
with all due respects "father of the Thar"
this looking on at the thar or our other ugly 4x4s and feeling good is , i guess a primal emotion in those of us that love jeeps. To simplify further do we have to proclaim that we love our moms ?
Happy to be a jeeper
amar
maverick56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Mr Behram Dhabar, with all due respects "father of the Thar", this looking on at the thar or our other ugly 4x4s and feeling good is, i guess a primal emotion in those of us that love jeeps. To simplify further do we have to proclaim that we love our moms ? Happy to be a jeeper. amar
Dear Amar - for making people see simple things in front of them, you have to do many things, because plain and simple common sense face to face talk does not seem to work. If you work in the corporate world, you will understand. I love this vehicle and I will shout from the rooftops to say so.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th April 2014, 12:45   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
This the fork pinion noise from Bell assy.Which is there in even new M&M vehicles like Major and Boleros.if you put engine in idling one can hear a small rattling noise and goes off when one load the clutch pedal .Normaly ASC removes the dust cap, Air clean and spray the lubricant inside.

Can you please share a non NGCS 550 number design what you have written below.It seems your ref to Majors number.

Last edited by Rajith : 24th April 2014 at 12:47.
Old 24th April 2014, 13:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Sir,
This the fork pinion noise from Bell assy.Which is there in even new M&M vehicles like Major and Boleros.if you put engine in idling one can hear a small rattling noise and goes off when one load the clutch pedal .Normaly ASC removes the dust cap, Air clean and spray the lubricant inside.

Can you please share a non NGCS 550 number design what you have written below.It seems your ref to Majors number.
Rajith,Can you please shed some light on this?
Where is this dust cap located?
I have seen at least 5 thar's with this sound,as i thought its a problem with mine.

Most Viewed