Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 15:53   #1
BHPian

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4

Ever since I can remember, and even before that (as my parents still say), I used to fantasize about cars. Maa still jokes that I used to sleep with the Matchbox sets I used to be gifted with (still got loads of them safely tucked away. In an apocalypse, those are probably the first few things I'll save!) With the increasing age, the fantasy only increased. In college, I used to dream about owning my own car and going places with, and in, it. To cut the long story short, I felt a part of me missing without a car (my wingman) beside me.

That's why the first thing I did after returning home (Kolkata) after completing college (Bangalore) was try and coax Baba to part with his car so that I could start driving. Baba had sold off our Omni (1985 model) by then and had bought a Nano CX (1st Edition, 2010 March model). At that time, it was the best thing to me – great mileage, 5 – seater, got AC! What else can one want? To make Baba yield took me 8 months, and thus started my journey. Saved up and got an OEM audio system installed – aah! Pure bliss!

Two years flew by, and considering my profession, being required to carry around 40 – 50 kilograms of paper everyday is a daunting task for the Nano. Yet, it chugged along merrily! Gave its best during the umpteen marketing sessions during Di's marriage, starting from the groceries to the fresh market to the clothing to the jewellery, and everything in between. My only gripe, with a loaded rear (yes, fully loaded area behind the rear seat!) God Bless you if it requires something as trivial as topping up the coolant! In two years, I clocked close to 22,000 on the Odo.

God's answer to my prayers, Baba finally acceeded that I may graduate to the next level, yet he did not buy my tall talks of part funding the next one. So put in all I could fish out and laid my hands on a pre – loved 2008 December model SX4 Zxi with only 32-odd on the Odo. By God's Immense Grace, except the dents on the body, the mechs were great! Not a single unwanted sound, and I gave Baba & Maa a test ride. They were sold on the rear seat comfort, and I became the proud second owner of the SX4. Till date, have spent many great and not – so – great times in the SX4, and have loved every moment of it! But here again, the weight I'm required to carry around, it was not the SX4's forte. It was almost like you marry a beauty queen and then all you make her do is cook at home and clean the dishes! I felt sorry, more because the SX4 took everything with a smile. Another reason I was not smiling because calculations showed an average of 5 km/l of fuel, and rising petrol costs (hovering around Rs. 80 – 82 here) didn't help me either. Fitted a Lovato AutoLPG Kit with high hopes, but still clocked five – digit figures of fuel costs every month. NOT COOL!

So, while Baba was away sailing, I sat down with Maa (several occassions; I had to make her see my perspective of the picture, you see!) and showed her the pros and cons. Probably she felt pity on her little boy, and she allowed me to go shopping yet again! Yippie!! So, I merrily chugged to the nearest Mahindra showroom (Royal Motors) and inquired about the Bolero LX 4x4 (already pre – decided; thank you BlackPearl and Dr. Amit Deol for your informative disclosures about your vehicles!). I felt that I was talking Plutonian (That's what I call the language of Pluto – inhabitants, if any......) to the sales rep when I mentioned Bolero LX. Thank my lucky stars, another sales rep overheard me and provided me all the info, but said that it's only available to Government departments. Yet, took all the details and warned them that I shall be back! And I was (obviously after pulling a few strings here and there), and placed the order, paid upfront and walked out, all on Shashthi (Durga Puja time). Before this, I had arranged to give Maa and would – be Assistant Home Minister a long test ride on a leaf – spring on both ends Bolero to give them a feel. Both, to my brilliant fortune, said that though its more a spruced – up tractor than a car, yet it felt real tough and solid and at the end really safe. The high seating was a positive too. But more than that, Maa was more than happy that I, even if I wanted to, could not speed on this car, and that I would be restricted in the 0 – 60 timings. All went with me, because my dream of owning my first UV with the go – anywhere genes and the time – tested ruggedness and longevity ensured miles of driving and holidaying pleasure with family and friends, was getting fulfilled. Oh, how I wanted since as a child to drive down to Mama's places in Kalimpong, Gangtok and Kathmandu neighbourhoods and have a real great time! Plus, a really really bad experience during my 2011 Kedarnath and Badrinath trip has left a very very bitter taste as far as cab drivers are concerned. I struck a deal with my banker where they gave me a first charge loan on a deposit, and gave me a draft for the car's price, so that's how I ended up paying on 10% p.a. interest instead of the normal rates applicable on car loans.

Post Durga Puja, I started my follow – ups and was after the life of the sales rep of Royal Motors, who, finally on 21st October, 2014, informed me that my vehicle was in transit and would reach here on 28th October in the latter half of the day. I was overjoyed, and started counting the days to the D-Day. Thus, had to visit Before that, though, I ensured that PDI was properly done by self (followed check-list as provided here; a big THANK YOU!), and finally drove out on 2nd November, 2014, in my new Bolero LX 4x4! The PDI showed frayed front edges in the front RH and LH fenders (probably gifted while being driven down to Kharagpur), doors not closing flush (unlike the showroom – displayed Bolero SLX), Fuel Lid slightly disaligned, 4x4 Lever very tight (almost short of being jammed) and 1960 KMs on the Odo. The Sales Rep assured to get all of them mended and promised me free Rear Guard and Under – Body Rust Protection. All pending until tomorrow. Booked a service through the 'With You Hamesha' Android App yesterday night, and today morning the Workshop people called and fixed Service Appointment for tomorrow, with Pick – Up and Drop Facility at a very – affordable Rs. 125/- each! Run 2250 KMs till now.

In the interregnum, I was informed that since the Government increased the tax slabs to 5.5% of vehicle's Ex-Showroom cost as One-Time Tax (valid for 5 years) and 10% of the cost as Lifetime Tax, no further taxes were leviable on the additions like AC, Audio, Video, etc. Yet, had to get them endorsed on the Registration Smart Card. Royal Motors informed me that they can't rub the Government Babus the wrong way, and called me over to try a few aces. I had to visit the Alipore RTO personally on 3rd November, 2014, and the Dealer's Representative and his broker took me to the MVI (Technical), who, on considering my uniform (**wink wink**) requested me to get the AC endorsement done after the registration of the vehicle is done, as he cannot outright allow such endorsement as the vehicle is not factory – fitted with an AC. He, though, instantly allowed endorsements of the Audio and Video Units on the RC. Necessary greetings exchanged, I was thanking my lucky stars to have obtained the Registration Number of choice by paying the necessary fees (a xerox copy of the receipt kept for keeping the cops at bay, if required).

Little did I know, though, that my ordeal was yet to continue. It was promised by the Dealer Representative that the necessary taxes shall be paid and receipts issued by 5th November, 2014, a promise definitely not lived up to by the Dealer Representative Mr. Pal. On 5th November, I called the said Representative in the morning and assured him of my undivided personal attention and presence if need be, and he yet again assured that all pending work will be done that very day itself. Lesson – DO NOT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE SHALL LIVE UP TO THEIR PROMISES, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT FOR THEM AS IT IS FOR YOU! Learnt this the hard way when at about 4 PM, when I called the said Mr. Pal back, he told me that his broker / agent was busy and could not get the taxes paid. I was taken aback by the straight shrug; definitely not expected from a dealership like Royal Motors! Tried to make a few calls to the Sales Rep, but even he couldn't help me. Thursday being a holiday, I again called up the Sales Rep on Friday morning, and he tried to get the said Mr. Pal to process the file. At around 1 PM, Mr. Pal called me and said he can't get the taxes paid until 10th or 11th, and asked me to deal with the broker directly. Shame, Royal Motors! Definitely an example of the lowest post – sale customer experience a dealer can come up with!

Nevertheless, my own tail being on fire, I rushed to the Alipore RTO, when I found that the RTO was out, and I was facing only one question – “Where were you on Wednesday, when your car's registration number has been allotted on Monday?”

Face down, I vowed to pursue this till its logical end on Monday, come hail or storm, keeping aside all trouble. I was also not able to drive my new baba (too brute to call it baby) due to want of tax receipt! Frustrating, you see! It's like you're so hungry that you can devour anything, and you have the world's delicacies laid out before you, yet, this glass wall separates you from laying a finger on the food! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!! **Anger management** Thus, waiting for next Monday.

In the meanwhile though, the Sales Manager one Ms. Parna from the Royal Motors dealership called me to find out about my experience, and on hearing me, she assured to follow it up personally and also assured me a standby vehicle with driver in case required, as even my SX4 was off to the body-shop for necessary denting – painting and other repair and service jobs, long pending. That was really good on the part of the dealership. Finally, someone living up to the great experience I had initially, yet again! After all, said my Mother dearest, all fingers in the hand are not the same!

Anyway, on 2nd November, 2014, right after taking delivery, went straight to Mandir and got the Puja performed properly and diligently, followed by lunch treat to family! Proud owner! Almost had the “44 ki chhaati” part of Honey Singh's version of 'Ata Maji Satakli' playing for myself in my head.

Now, time for some pictures...... These are taken on the day of PDI.

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_132834.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_132800.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_132845.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_132855.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_132950.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133037.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133044.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133057.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133119.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133231.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133342.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133350.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133401.jpg

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141031_133409.jpg

Next, on 5th morning, called upon my brother, who knows Mr. Yogesh from Auto Zoom, on Lenin Sarani, Ground Floor of United Bank of India, and took her over for the ICE fitment. Pre - decided setup, hooked up the Pioneer Head Unit with AUX, USB and Radio, PowerBass 4” Co – Axials up front, with PowerBass 5.25” Co – Axials at the rear. Also, WorldTech Headrest Monitors with USB and SD Card Input, AutoCop 8500, Door Visors, Floor and Foot Mats, Steering Wheel Cover and Knob, with Minda Trumpets (replaced the single unit factory – fitted Hella; sounded like a 'meow' from a Lion!). 44 now became 55! **Chuckles!**

Now, time to go bother the happiness out of BlackPearl for the AC setup! He's also been instrumental in helping me make up my mind. I had relied on his review of the car on this Forum, and one by Dr. Amit Deol of BCMTouring. Their detailed posts and reviews helped me seal the deal. Also, BlackPearl had patiently heard me and answered my queries. ONE IMMENSELY BIG THANK YOU, DADA, FOR BEARING WITH ME AND SHOWING ME THE WAY!! Got a lead here on this Forum about Daga Automobiles, and visited them yesterday. I discussed the AC Setup with Mr. Daga, and with a TAT on 2 – 3 days with Guarantee for a year, that too at a very very affordable rate, I'm now waiting for the SX4 to be back home for sending the Bol“D”ero for the AC fitment. And thus was made my Bolero LX 4x4. My initial trips shall be done justice to by this setup, which is more than what I need at the moment.

OT – When I drove into Daga Automobiles, Mr. Daga, while checking out the LYLF tagline sticker, exclaimed, “Aap Young hain, Aap Free bhi hain!” Somehow stopped the 55 from becoming 66!! **GIGGLES**

Now, the pictures...... Venue is Royal Motors Showroom, Day of Delivery.

Baba, Maa and fiance with the delivery papers
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-20141102_125714.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_115852.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_115922.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_115947.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_120037.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_120056.jpg
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img_20141102_120115.jpg

Handing over of keys
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img20141102wa0000.jpg

Family posing with the newest member of the family, the Bol“D”ero!
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-img20141102wa0003.jpeg

So, after the visual treat, let me also share my experience about the vehicle. First impression when I climbed into the pilot seat : WOW! This is really high! I could clearly see the bonnet edges, and could very easily calculate the edges and corners of the car's front! In fact, driving the Bol“D”ero is easier than a sedan or small car, if you're driving it for the first time! From the outside, I thought reversing the car would be a pain, but here too, I was very very pleasantly surprised! The ORVMs really help a lot in reversing, which is otherwise a breeze too. One only needs to have an idea about the protrusion of the rear wheel mounted on the rear door while reversing. Here, I believe, the straight body line helps immensely! With a little practice, reversing becomes relatively easy, and a rear - view camera is not necessary, although acts as a good driving assist.

Starting up the car, a half – turn of the ignition key fires up the engine! The grunt of the international tractor engine can, trust me, get your pulses and adrenaline racing in a fraction of a second's time! NVH levels and comfort, please keep those ideas outside the Bol“D”ero LX when you're climbing in, as the Leaf Springs up front as also rear make it bumpy, but not so much to throw you around. Once the windows are rolled up (that's provided you've fixed an AC Unit or are driving in cold climate / locale), the NVH inside the cabin is quite acceptable. Difference is all the more noticeable once you've changed your engine oil after you've received your car from the dealership.

At the same time, though, if you're looking for a comfort level of a Contessa, or say, any sedan, please do not give even a first look at the Bol“D”ero. This vehicle is designed to start it's duties at the word 'Go', and nothing can beat it while it's at it. But one wins some, and loses some. This loss is the extreme comfort levels of a sedan. But then again, one who buys this definitely chooses the Bol“D”ero for what it is! And that's the best part, according to me, that the Bolero is what it is! A CLASS APART! The thing to remember is that you're buying a spruced – up tractor and/or people carrier than a Mercedes G Class. That should be enough to put all wars in your mind at rest.

Acceleration and top speed – you can let that Boxer CT overtake you. Relax! No matter how much you push the pedal to the metal, this vehicle is a master of its own will! 0 – 60 or 0 – 100 timings – please look elsewhere. But ask it to pull something – anything for that matter – and that's where you're putting the Bol“D”ero at home! I remember reading on this Forum that it's like a locomotive! Trust me, it actually is – excelling at what it is designed for and does best, and does it like no one can!!

Interiors and exteriors – very utilitarian; do not expect any frills. I've bought a 4x4! I've got the sedan for the luxury trips and lap timings! About the front seats, I was under the impression during the extended TD sessions that the seat lacks any kind of under-thigh support. But after clocking ~400 KMs on the ODO and adjusting the front seat's placement and recline, it's now more to my liking (I'm at 5'11", by the way) and no issue with the under-thigh support. That's with another 5'9" person's adequate leg space kept in the mid-row seat well. For shorter people, things should be easier. About the mid-row seats, no issue at all. Adequate lumbar and under-thigh supports ensure that long journeys can be undertaken without any issues. I believe Mahindra may have finally taken all the suggestions and/or reviews and/or criticisms about the mid-row seats and improved them. The LX model, though (being at par with the SLE Model), lacks headrests on the mid-row seats, but has an in-built arm rest in the seat. Rear jump seats are nothing to write home about, and may be used only by children or the support staff accompanying. In mine, my Clerk usually occupies one of them when I'm travelling with my family.

Further, somehow, the LX model does not feel as bumpy as the DI / DI Plus Models I had test - driven, although the above observations have been made within speed limits upto 80KMpH on different terrains. While minor off - roading, the mid-row and/or rear jump seat passengers may be in for a healthy amount of headbanging sessions if improperly trundled, so please keep your rock music playing to feel at home!

One other thing I must mention here – The unruly taxi, auto, cycle, goods vehicles and bus drivers, all other them suddenly seem to have been to driving school and learnt how to drive! LOL!! The autos don't venture near you anymore, the SGVs and MGVs honk for getting a pass allowed, the buses and taxis don't cut across! WOW! I'm sold on the BOL“D”ERO!! The cops also don't bat any eyelids when you drive past, probably thinking you're just another Government vehicle. YEAH!!

I sincerely wish that I too can explore, now that I finally have my choice wingman by me! Thank you, God, Baba and Maa, for all that I am, and can be! Couldn't have done it without you!

All in all, I believe that my research of 3.5 months and all my money spent behind the BOL“D”ERO has been well spent.

**UPDATE** - 10th November, 2014 -

After all the above, I believe certain things moved at the Dealership, as I received a call from the Sales Rep on Monday assuring that he's personally following up the case, and their Director's also in the loop! Now that's news. Further, I called up the agent / broker of the Dealership at Alipore RTO, who asked me to come over at around 2. Reached at 3 PM though, after wrapping up the day's work, and after waiting for an hour or thereabouts, got to see the Tax Receipt and token, of which I took a xerox and kept it for further requirements, if any. The Dealership also requested me to collect the vehicle's papers from them at my leisure and further informed me that the High Security Number Plate shall be affixed with a week or two. I shall address them as they show themselves. That closes this part of dealing with the Dealership. WHEW!!

Last edited by noopster : 10th November 2014 at 20:23. Reason: Included update
JKDS is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 19:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4

Thread moved from Assembly Line to Initial Ownerships section. Thanks for sharing!

Not every day you get to see a Bolero LX ownership thread! Congrats on your new acquisition- how much did it set you back and what were the alternatives if any considered?

Also, little surprised at how you only got 5 kmpl in a petrol SX4 and 5-digit monthly fuel bills despite gasifying it. What's the story there?
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 20:15   #3
BHPian

Hello JKDS,
Guess I'm the first one to wish you!
Congrats, you have brought the Ultimate UV. Wishing you many happy miles with it. Do give us a pictorial description of the AC installation.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 20:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well let me be the first from Kolkata to wish you !!!! Congratulations.

Now that's 3 Bolero 4x4s in Kolkata within the same group.

The Lx NVH levels are much lower than the earlier Bolero 4x4 Di's which did not have power steering as well. I have driven them quite a lot including a bit of Blackpearl's. Yes, they are not fast but the things that they can do none other cars can. I have traveled with Blackpearl to one of his Sandakphu trips.

However, maybe you should take some tips from Blackpearl now on how to drive fast on this as well. Starting at the same time he had reached Siliguri 2 hours before us, even though we were in a similar vehicle.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 10th November 2014 at 20:26.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 20:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Thread moved from Assembly Line to Initial Ownerships section. Thanks for sharing!

Not every day you get to see a Bolero LX ownership thread! Congrats on your new acquisition- how much did it set you back and what were the alternatives if any considered?

Also, little surprised at how you only got 5 kmpl in a petrol SX4 and 5-digit monthly fuel bills despite gasifying it. What's the story there?
Thanks, noopster! I'm now poorer by Rs. 7,73,817/- (On-Road) (Exclusive of the ICE and added fitments)!

Honestly, I did not have any alternatives to consider, as I had a budget of Rs. 10 Lakhs, and I wanted a 4x4 in which my family could travel. Although really liked the Thar, yet modifying it with front-facing rear seats would convert it to a 4-seater, which Mother dearest disapproved. Moreover, soft top a strict no - no. Gypsy, being petrol, was not even thought of. This was the only option I had. This is where BlackPearl and one Dr. Amit Deol of BCMTouring (already referred to in my OP) helped me immensely without them knowing it.

About the SX4, the added weight of the filled - up gas tank at the rear, plus a fully - loaded boot (translating to about 50 - 60 KGs of books and papers) being lugged about every day - it's understandable. I don't blame the SX4. After all, there's a limit to which I can exploit a sedan! Empty boot, it returns about 15 - 16 KMpL on date in city (without AC). With the AC, returns about 13-14 KMpL, or thereabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello JKDS,
Guess I'm the first one to wish you!
Congrats, you have brought the Ultimate UV. Wishing you many happy miles with it. Do give us a pictorial description of the AC installation.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks, Varun! I shall try and cover the entire AC installation procedure as and when I proceed for it, but that's definitely going to be coinciding with Mr. Daga driving me out of his workshop due to the endless questions! **LOL**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Well let me be the first from Kolkata to wish you !!!! Congratulations.

The Lx NVH levels are much lower than the earlier Bolero 4x4 Di's which did not have power steering as well. I have driven them quite a lot including a bit of Blackpearl's. Yes, they are not fast but the things that they can do none other cars can. I have traveled with Blackpearl to one of his Sandakphu trips.

However, maybe you should take some tips from Blackpearl now on how to drive fast on this as well. Starting at the same time he had reached Siliguri 2 hours before us, even though we were in a similar vehicle.
Thank you, Altocumulus! All the best wishes are surely making me one proud owner! on the NVH levels. Especially after the Engine Oil change yesterday, the response timings have definitely gotten better, probably due to the synthetic oil Mahindra recommends. Adding to that is the slightly reduced NVH. I guess paying the attention, whether it be a 'baby' or a 'baba', definitely helps!

I'm eagerly waiting for the next meet when I can come over with my pride and let it showcase itself! Only wishing that something doesn't hold me up!

But, I sincerely wish Maa doesn't get to read your suggestion above, otherwise we three are going to be in a long, unending session!
JKDS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 21:30   #6
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations JKDS, you have got yourself a real toughie. This is such a well articulated ownership thread that I feel sorry for my Bolero for whom I could not even write more than a few paragraphs. Owners should be like you.
The interiors of your vehicle looks much nicer than mine. I don't understand why can't Mahindra give a factory fitted AC on this one. One more point is that inspite of being LX model, the side skirts on your Bolero are body coloured. Mine are blackish silver.
Lets meet someday and you should be joining our friendly Sunday mild off-roading sessions in future as well.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 00:34   #7
BHPian

Thank you for those kind words, BlackPearl! I really appreciate it! It's fueled by the love for it.

As I have noticed, Mahindra has probably been listening to the gripes and complaints and gradually incorporated them. Also, with the face-lift, I guess Mahindra's chosen to gift it's government clients a few bells and whistles, rather than the utilitarian take-what-you-get models.

With the AC though, I guess Government babus aren't supposed to enjoy creature comforts at the cost of taxpayers! Although would've made our jobs easier.

Please let me know the next possible date of the offline meet. I'll take my pride over; it'll showcase itself!! :-)

Last edited by JKDS : 11th November 2014 at 01:02.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Lets meet someday and you should be joining our friendly Sunday mild off-roading sessions in future as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
Please let me know the next possible date of the offline meet. I'll take my pride over; it'll showcase itself!! :-)
Count me in as well. I am sure we all will have something or the other to showcase
Old 11th November 2014, 10:25   #9
BHPian

Hey JK, great review. Passionate and practical at the same time. I have a friend who drives the Bolero and he swears by how accurately you can judge the corners, and you are spot on. Enjoy the ride and do take care of her. A well-deserved 5*
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:26   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for your purchase JKDS !!

Wish you many happy miles on and off the road with your new acquisition.

I just have one question: why does the Mahindra Bolero website [ Link ] does not lists the LX 4x4 version? Was this a special order?
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey congratulations on the Bol"D"ero!! Wishing you & your family unlimited safe & happy miles with the SUV.

One of the rare cars out there I must say - an AWD Bolero LX. Please keep this thread regularly updated. There will be plenty of us with interest in it.

As for the OTR price - this actually is a really good deal you got yeah!!

Apologies for the ignorance but is this a CRDe or a DI? I believe its a DI given the price?
If marketed well with a CRDe, this actually makes much more sense as a practical AWD compared to the Thar.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I just have one question: why does the Mahindra Bolero website does not lists the LX 4x4 version? Was this a special order?
If you go to the price-list section of the website, you get access to all the models.

http://www.mahindrabolero.com/bolero-pricelist.aspx
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:55   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If you go to the price-list section of the website, you get access to all the models.

http://www.mahindrabolero.com/bolero-pricelist.aspx
Yes that is fine but there is absolutely no mention / specification details about the Bolero AWD variant on the Bolero sites otherwise. It makes no sense to hide a product that you make.

Also in the price list section, I couldn't find the AWD variant anywhere. In fact when I selected LX, it still kept on showing me the SLX pricing! Says "LX is available only for government". So seems JKDS sourced it as a government employee? .

My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-boleropricing.jpg

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th November 2014 at 10:59.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 11:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So seems JKDS sourced it as a government employee? .
You need to send a few mails and pull a few strings. Will demand a lot of your patience and sweat. Its kept for the government only because they order in batches so easier to produce. The demand for 2WD boleros is pretty high compared to 4WD so it is not feasible to put just one on the production line. Also the first priorities are given to areas like Sikkim, etc (hilly areas) for private vehicles.

Also the 4WD Lx are BS3 models and are required to registered outside the Tier 1 & 2 cities.

The Bolero 4WD Lx prices do show, at least for Kolkata.
Attached Thumbnails
My First UV – Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4-bolero.png  

Last edited by Altocumulus : 11th November 2014 at 11:37.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:17   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition !!! Named it yet ?

Please do post some pictures of the ICE installation. Here's hoping to read some awesome TLs from you in the future. Would love to catch up with your ride in the upcoming winter meet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Who has the third one ?
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks