Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 21:43   #316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
looks like your jeep is gonna be ready by september 30th (atleast)

Hi Randeep,

Your jeep is coming out very well and i should say it going to ROCK

The choice of colour is different from the usual's,thats another point to be mentioned.

As like i predicted its going to be finished by sept 30 i guess
Old 6th September 2009, 22:12   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Randeep,

Your jeep is coming out very well and i should say it going to ROCK

The choice of colour is different from the usual's,thats another point to be mentioned.

As like i predicted its going to be finished by sept 30 i guess
Thanks.

Yes hopefully I should get it within this month.

Cheers

Randeep
Old 7th September 2009, 03:18   #318
Senior - BHPian

im sure the jeep once finished will look good with the indicators, otherwise those fender indicators will alter the look of the MM550 into another wrangler lookalike!
Old 7th September 2009, 10:22   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
im sure the jeep once finished will look good with the indicators, otherwise those fender indicators will alter the look of the MM550 into another wrangler lookalike!
Hi Parm,

My jeep is a Wrangler look alike ya. I have tried to copy the 89-90 model Wrangler design. I did not want it looking stock therefore went in for the mods. I already have a M38A1 and a Willy's 1944 model low bonnet which I plan on restoring later. The MM550 was bought and designed to look different, somewhat like the Wrangler.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!

Randeep
Old 7th September 2009, 10:30   #320
BHPian

Hi Randeep,

Great going! The Jeep is turning out really well. Now that things are taking shape is look even better. The fender indicators will look cool. The dash is a nice addition aswell. You can run a ac via the dash vents now.

All the best and hope we all get to ride it soon.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 7th September 2009, 21:32   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Randeep,

Great going! The Jeep is turning out really well. Now that things are taking shape is look even better. The fender indicators will look cool. The dash is a nice addition aswell. You can run a ac via the dash vents now.

All the best and hope we all get to ride it soon.

Cheers
Ankit
Thanks Ankit,

Hopefully we all would get to ride it within this month itself. Fingers crossed.

By the way, how do you like the colour??????/

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

Randeep

Last edited by randeep04 : 7th September 2009 at 21:33.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:16   #322
BHPian

Hi Randeep
Your jeep is coming out great. Are you going to get a wrangler-like top too? the convertible/foldable type? one more question if you don't mind.. Do your tyres fit on the stock army rims? I need new shoes but I wana stick with the Army rims. Love the look of your Maxxis'
Old 7th September 2009, 23:15   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Hi Randeep
Your jeep is coming out great. Are you going to get a wrangler-like top too? the convertible/foldable type? one more question if you don't mind.. Do your tyres fit on the stock army rims? I need new shoes but I wana stick with the Army rims. Love the look of your Maxxis'
Hi Johnnes,

For the time being i'm only going in for a half top, later i will design the complete top. As for the tires the would fit on the stock rims but will form a balloon effect as my tires require a rim width of 7" to 9" whereas the army rims are approx 5.5"to6"(correct me if i'm wrong". If you are interested in keeping the stock rims I suggest go for the sandgrips or the bullets. Harjeev's vehicle looks amazing in them and performs equally well. Harjeev's jeep has performed amazingly in all kinds of terrain even slushy clay. Go for the sandgrips.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

Randeep
Old 8th September 2009, 03:07   #324
BHPian

Hi Randeep,

Jeep is turning out really amazing!!

The dashboard seems to be Bolero make. Is that a straight fit or there were some modification done there too? Could you post some detailed pic of the dash fitment too?How much did it cost?

Regards
Old 8th September 2009, 12:22   #325
fk7
BHPian

oye randeep,

the jeep is coming out really well. Looking forward to see the finished product very soon.

Are you putting any extra accessories, like winch etc?

By the way, do you know of any 550's with SPoA kit? Would like to see some pictures of the same if possible.

Firoz
Old 8th September 2009, 13:05   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
oye randeep,

the jeep is coming out really well. Looking forward to see the finished product very soon.

Are you putting any extra accessories, like winch etc?

By the way, do you know of any 550's with SPoA kit? Would like to see some pictures of the same if possible.

Firoz
Hi Firoz,

As of now I just want to get the Jeep therefore not going in for the winch and other accessories, I will have them put on my own in Delhi.
As for the SPOA setup you can visit Extreme Power's(Allan) thread, he has fabricated an SPOA setup on his Orange Jeep(Orangie).

@ 4x4Loaded,

Very true, the dash is form the Bolero. The original is slightly wider on the sides therefore had to heat the plastic and fold the same inwards. Apart from the new holes for fitting the 4 screws under the windscreen need to be drilled and steel plates need to be fabricated to give support to the dash from below. Apart from this no major mods required. I wanted the dash to be fitted below the windscreen as I wanted to use a drop down windshield. If you want a fixed windshield then I think you would not need to do the first mod that I mentioned. The Bolero Dash without the AC vents costed me 4.2 K.

Cheers !!!!!!!!

Randeep
Old 8th September 2009, 13:14   #327
BHPian

This Jeep looks fab, Loved the pictures buddy. Where is this Garage, I see a nice little Beetel tucked away in the corner too. Any more pics possibel.

Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 13:48   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
This Jeep looks fab, Loved the pictures buddy. Where is this Garage, I see a nice little Beetel tucked away in the corner too. Any more pics possibel.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks !!!!

Well the garage is owned by my Uncle and is located in Jaipur. Yes the Beetle is getting going through restoration but would not have more pics on the same but when I go there next I shall surely click a few pics for you.

Cheers !!

Randeep
Old 8th September 2009, 16:16   #329
BHPian

Cheers buddy...

Man i wish i had an uncle who owned a garage

Good to see a good jeep be re-done

Will wait to see them pictures.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:30   #330
Senior - BHPian

@Randeep
Hey Buddy
everybody's comments just confirms my opinion too. Your jeep is looking killer man and the color... well I'd say I started disliking my 3B color after I saw your's Wish I had gone for something similar!!!

Just get it as soon as possible and please don't go for the winch or hardtop just as yet otherwise we'll not see the jeep for another 6 months
hahaha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks