Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 15:36   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpaalgill View Post
hey man congraz, nice looking jeep.i like the colour.but u have to work on dashboard.
You are the first person, who has announced it officially about the colour. Infect I also like the silver colour (like you have on your MM540).

Regarding the dashboard- I already admitted this that the deshboard is not into a final finish. However I still think that after I will put some more efforts, the deshboard is going to be look beautiful maching with the Jeep's other look. Here I am disappointing all those who like the original MM550's dashboard (which is really quite good,. Infect this is not worth to spend so much money and time like I am doing on the deshboard; but however, now I have no option left as I have already taken a step forward, so can not take it back).

Hope the Toyoto 3C engine and the hydrolic suspension on your silver machine are working well. Pls post some of the latest video of your Jeep using the hydrolic lift/suspension. I always wanted to learn if how do they work. Also I also wanted to know if what are the problems which pertatain with the hydrolic lift supension. The team-bhp is all about sharing your real experience with the experiment you have done and I hope you will also share you view/experience here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Why do i have the feeling that Jodhpuri have the same hood maker.
Attachment 79357
Wronge comporison due to the following facts...

1. The hood of your freind's MM550 is made out of quite cheap febric and cocepts. My hood in the same position is not so hanging .
2. The hood, still does not gives you so many options as mine (I bet).
3. He is NOT a real Jeeper as he has converted his Jeep into 2wd just for the sack of taking good average (i.e. mileage, yes the people call it here average instead of mileage).

I will love to see people in wester Rajasthan who loves off road driving. I am disclossing it this as after so many efforts I could not figure out even a single Jeeper in Jodhpur town. You see many horse lovers (polo lovers) but not real Jeep lovers here in the town.

Pls recomend me, if you know anybody who is in love with off road driving as I am planning to organize regualar OTR in Jodhpur .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Desert,

Nice pics!

BTW If you install an A/C, I don't think that you will get enough cooling effect with that soft top setup. Better you do the a/c for front passengers area only.
You are right Salikt, I have the A/C provision only for the front pessengers. I would also like to mention here that for the front pessengers roof, we have put the thermostate sheets there beneath the front top and thus hopefully the A/C shoud be quite effective for the front cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
wow, a fantastic hood, did you get it custom built or buy it? I want one too for my future 550.. Do tell me where to buy it or its specs if it was custom built.

FK
Good choice man!! Good to know that you also dream about MM550, it is really a perfect vehicle for indian roads (applicable when even if you do not like going into offroad). I wish you all the very best for your dream, just let me know if I can be of any of the help for your project (apart from arranging money )

PS:: There were some continious problems with the rear three fold seat of Tata Siera, so we have already remove it quite a recent.

Last edited by DesertKing : 14th December 2008 at 15:54.
Old 14th December 2008, 23:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

1st of! Yeah that wood is made by some synthetic material that people use to make carry bags. I also told him so. but i was emphasising on the rear design.

2nd! wrong. this is a very cleverly done jeep. It has nissan diesel mated to an isuzu gearbox retaining the 4x4 along with mahindra drive train.

Name:  drive train.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  47.3 KB
Old 15th December 2008, 04:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
1st of! Yeah that wood is made by some synthetic material that people use to make carry bags. I also told him so. but i was emphasising on the rear design.
I see, with the rear design.

Quote:
2nd! wrong. this is a very cleverly done jeep. It has nissan diesel mated to an isuzu gearbox retaining the 4x4 along with mahindra drive train.

Attachment 79492
Great that your friend retained the 4x4 cheers:, let me know if he is willing to do some serious off road drives . I am also willing to know the specifications of the Nissan engine that he has.

PS:: Is the steering wheel from Toyoto??

Last edited by DesertKing : 15th December 2008 at 04:39.
Old 15th December 2008, 10:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Regarding the dashboard- I already admitted this that the deshboard is not into a final finish. However I still think that after I will put some more efforts, the deshboard is going to be look beautiful maching with the Jeep's other look. Here I am disappointing all those who like the original MM550's dashboard (which is really quite good,. Infect this is not worth to spend so much money and time like I am doing on the deshboard; but however, now I have no option left as I have already taken a step forward, so can not take it back).
Hi DesertKing,

This is just a suggestion, why dont you fit the Bolero dash board in your jeep, it fits perfect. I have bought a brand new Bolero dash board for my jeep and it does not cost too much.

Cheers

Quote:
I see, with the rear design.

Great that your friend retained the 4x4 cheers:, let me know if he is willing to do some serious off road drives . I am also willing to know the specifications of the Nissan engine that he has.

PS:: Is the steering wheel from Toyoto??
That steering wheel is from an Esteem.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th December 2008 at 18:28. Reason: use multi quote
Old 15th December 2008, 10:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
This is just a suggestion, why dont you fit the Bolero dash board in your jeep, it fits perfect. I have bought a brand new Bolero dash board for my jeep and it does not cost too much.
Perhaps Bolero dashboard can be a good idea. Can you please post me some pic as soon as you fit it. I will certainly consider this option.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th December 2008 at 18:29. Reason: Thanks quoting issue taken care
Old 15th December 2008, 13:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi DesertKing,

Cheers
Yah that a good idea instead of going with more modifications with the current dash board. I'm sure your jeep interior will looks awesome with the bolero dash board!

sali
Old 18th December 2008, 16:48   #52
BHPian

My machanic friend has bought LSD of MM550 from Delhi including its rear axle (not sure why did he buy them too). We will try to fit it alongwith the existing rack and pinion of 11:47 (final ratio of 4.27). I have a technical mind but the fact is that I am not technically very sound and am affrain if we will fit this LSD.

Also time to put side mirrors now on my blue machine and thinking to try the one available for Gypsy (not OEM but the aftermarket one) and which look like those of bus/trucks. I tried to find a picture on internet but could not get. This the side mirros has a U pipe and is adjoined to the door from two sides (includes upper side of glass frame too).
Old 18th December 2008, 17:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the pics of the Bolero dash and any idea of the cost part?
Old 18th December 2008, 17:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
My machanic friend has bought LSD of MM550 from Delhi including its rear axle (not sure why did he buy them too). We will try to fit it alongwith the existing rack and pinion of 11:47 (final ratio of 4.27). I have a technical mind but the fact is that I am not technically very sound and am affrain if we will fit this LSD.

Also time to put side mirrors now on my blue machine and thinking to try the one available for Gypsy (not OEM but the aftermarket one) and which look like those of bus/trucks. I tried to find a picture on internet but could not get. This the side mirros has a U pipe and is adjoined to the door from two sides (includes upper side of glass frame too).
Hey, 11:47 worked wonders on my nissan laden MM 540, the speed was amazing. We were struggling to put it onto the 5th gear. we drove it last evening.
Old 18th December 2008, 18:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

DK im glad you thought of keeping the jeep rather than sell it off!

well its your baby, made by your own hands.....so keep it what ever comes!

cheers:
Old 19th December 2008, 10:26   #56
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

The best place to find out is Kashmeri gate, M&M parts are real cheap there.

Cheers
Old 19th December 2008, 10:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Harjeev,

The best place to find out is Kashmeri gate, M&M parts are real cheap there.

Cheers
Kashmeri Gate is loaded with fake mechanical parts for all automobiles made in india!

even non functional parts are fake.

buy at you own risk!

cheers:
Old 19th December 2008, 11:43   #58
BHPian

What i'm suggesting is not buying from random part shops but M&M Part dealers. They keep original parts but at a discounted rate.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

That is a good idea.
Do they sell wholesale or a piece by piece too.
If someone has put a bolero dash dash in their 4x4 please upload the pics so that I can compare with the 550's and then decide.
Old 19th December 2008, 21:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Your beast looks really sweet, very nice mod job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks