Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/51734-maruti-suzuki-gypsy-queries-10.html)

Given that the Gypsy has leaf springs all around, there is not much difference in changing shocks to improve ride quality! you may want to look at composite fibre leaf springs.

I hear that Skoda front seats are a good fit, though I doubt there is any that are a bolt on fit. One can't even exchange the OE front seats left to right without some welding/drilling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 3956728)
I hear that Skoda front seats are a good fit, though I doubt there is any that are a bolt on fit. One can't even exchange the OE front seats left to right without some welding/drilling.

Thanks Sawyer. In which case, I'd probably pick up new stock ones as mine are quite worn out. Will wait for a few more days for any more pointers.

Once I am willing to make the effort, I plan to go the usual VFM route of picking up Skoda/similar seats from the folk that recover these from total loss cars.

Try Tavera seats with armrests on both seats. I felt pretty comfortable in those.

Look perfect. Where did you source these? Ought to be lots of them in scrapped cars?

Kurla Chor Bazaar. This was in exchange of the stock seats. I think it came to around 5k per seat. Don't recollect now.

Has anyone tried procuring a new carburetor for the King 1.3? I just checked with my local MASS here and they have quoted a whopping 47K (+ VAT). Not that I need it right away, but wanted to keep a spare one handy in case they go out of production sometime down the line.

Thanks in advance...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 3957615)
Has anyone tried procuring a new carburetor for the King 1.3? I just checked with my local MASS here and they have quoted a whopping 47K (+ VAT). Not that I need it right away, but wanted to keep a spare one handy in case they go out of production sometime down the line.

Thanks in advance...

Inquire from local mechanics if the Esteem carb will fit. Otherwise it is Chor Bazar in Mumbai and Mayapuri in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 3957615)

Thanks in advance...

Instead of MASS (service centres), why don't you try to check at the spares outlet. Maruti sells spares over the counter and they should be able to procure one for you at the right price. I have experienced once that MASS sells at a bloated cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 3957672)
Instead of MASS (service centres), why don't you try to check at the spares outlet. Maruti sells spares over the counter and they should be able to procure one for you at the right price. I have experienced once that MASS sells at a bloated cost.

This is interesting. I didn't realize that costs for spares will differ across MASS and MGP outlets. Are you sure?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 3957949)
This is interesting. I didn't realize that costs for spares will differ across MASS and MGP outlets. Are you sure?

MASS sells at MRP and at times adds VAT/taxes. Auto spare part stores sell at a discount to MRP with no additional taxes.

I doubt is any store will have a Carburetor in stock, as most Maruti models went to MPFI after 2001, though one may be tucked in a corner of a large store, especially those who are wholesalers.

You can surely order these and they will let you know once the part arrives. I had ordered the tail lights and speedometer and it took around 2 weeks for them to get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 3957949)

MASS and MGP stores mostly sell spares at MRP(which is inclusive of all taxes/VAT). But no way can they sell or bill it above the printed MRP!! The MGP shops/MASS get a profit of around 10-13% on each spare sold, so they might offer some sort of goodwill discount in some cases, causing price variations.

Regards,
Shashi

Fellow Gypsy-lovers,

Do all new Gypsys come with same brand of OEM tires? If so, can someone please post the details? I am planning to strike conversations with some of the tire vendors in my area regarding tire swap for my new Gypsy, when it is delivered.

Also, I am planning to go for Yokohama Geolander AT 215/70/R15. I believe these are the most widely accepted shoes for Gypsy around here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance...