Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/51734-maruti-suzuki-gypsy-queries-7.html)

Hello Mates, can any someone tell me is there any replacement for the type II wiper arms of the gypsy? I am unable to source a spare, which I need very urgently. Can i use any other arm of any other vehicle?please:
Sharing the part no would be of great help!!! Thanks a lot in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy (Post 2391008)
IMO
Its not SPOA, its a body lift - about 6" lift (you can see the metal "legs" in teh side profile photos.
and 4-6" spacers on the wheels - in most pics you can see the brake disc!!
The wheel spacers puts a lot of strain on the axles - in OTR situations, it can cause serious damage.
This mod makes the gypsy look mean and aggressive, while taking away its reliability.

Ajay i must say you have eagle eyes , now after your expalnantion i can see that those are wheel spacers as the wheel drums are seen , you are right about the body lift also . The end result is that this gypsy is more show than go right .

Hi All,

Would an MG410 become a MG410W by changing to wider axles which are on the current Gypsy King? I dont think there was a difference in the body width. And if the answer to my question is yes, then what would be the approx cost of the wider axles?

Thanks...

Cost of wider axles is around 2.1 lakhs if you are lucky.

In fact, I was willing to buy by the dozen at one point in time.

Am afraid they are very difficult to come by.. :(

would getting an old narrow track be a deal breaker if one would evetually want to do an engine swap? How much real advantage does a 'W' have over the Narrow Track, in both off and on road scenario.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinn (Post 2391431)
Hello Mates, can any someone tell me is there any replacement for the type II wiper arms of the gypsy? I am unable to source a spare, which I need very urgently. Can i use any other arm of any other vehicle?please:

What is type II? I got 12" Bosch wipers from JC road and using them since a month.

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici
would getting an old narrow track be a deal breaker if one would evetually want to do an engine swap? How much real advantage does a 'W' have over the Narrow Track, in both off and on road scenario.

Not at all

A narrow track would do most of what a wide track does especially in off road slow speeds.

Its only at high speed handling that the narrow track suffers in stability.

Go for it if you are an amateur in the sport.

i had an MPFI and sold it but now missing it badly hence was thinking getting an old one and seeing if an engine swap would be feasible.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2517811)
What is type II? I got 12" Bosch wipers from JC road and using them since a month.
--Ragul

Hi Ragul - I was refering to the arms, that hold the blade. Actually the older gypsies had a type I arm, the fixing of that arm was with a vertical bolt that tightens into the main wiper rotater bolt that protrudes out from the windsheid. The rotater bolt had a hole.

The type II is like the one we have today, the arm slips into the groves of the wiper rotater bolt and then we tighten it with a bolt!!!

BTW do you have a projected headlamp in your gypsy? I saw a 2008 model gypsy with a projector head lamp, when inquired he said its OEM part..This one had a convex lens fixed within the beam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinn (Post 2519907)
Hi Ragul - I was refering to the arms, that hold the blade. Actually the older gypsies had a type I arm, the fixing of that arm was with a vertical bolt that tightens into the main wiper rotater bolt that protrudes out from the windsheid. The rotater bolt had a hole.

The type II is like the one we have today, the arm slips into the groves of the wiper rotater bolt and then we tighten it with a bolt!!!

BTW do you have a projected headlamp in your gypsy? I saw a 2008 model gypsy with a projector head lamp, when inquired he said its OEM part..This one had a convex lens fixed within the beam.

Hi Twinn
By projected do you mean bulging out glass? It is certainly convex but does not bulge outside the surrounding hole in the body. The peak of the glass is still in line with the surrounding plastics. I will check again and confirm tomorrow. These are Lumax headlight assembly from factory.

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinn

Hope that you are having the old arm with you.
Get omini wipers, cut the extra length off (approx. 2 inches from the straight part of the arm) & weld it back. Use the old wiper arm as template

Take care to grind off the extra metal from the pivoting area of the omni arm.( how much to grind off? About 3-4 mm)
Otherwise the wiper arm will get pressed against the spindle base nut.

I have the same setup in my gypsy & I tried this as a desperate arrangement. It still works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2520348)
Hi Twinn
By projected do you mean bulging out glass? It is certainly convex but does not bulge outside the surrounding hole in the body. The peak of the glass is still in line with the surrounding plastics. I will check again and confirm tomorrow. These are Lumax headlight assembly from factory.

--Ragul

Ragul - There is a proper lens inside the beam. No not the glass, the glass is a plain type, with that is a len like the ones in skoda!!! Which I suppose is the projector lens!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexXxentric (Post 2520393)
Hope that you are having the old arm with you.
Get omini wipers, cut the extra length off (approx. 2 inches from the straight part of the arm) & weld it back. Use the old wiper arm as template

Take care to grind off the extra metal from the pivoting area of the omni arm.( how much to grind off? About 3-4 mm)
Otherwise the wiper arm will get pressed against the spindle base nut.

I have the same setup in my gypsy & I tried this as a desperate arrangement. It still works.

Thanks Mexx!! I got the type II arms and then fixed them up long time ago :) Its a pain when u actually have a find a alternate method for spare parts :Frustrati

Hey guys ,if i were to pick up gypsy king axles , how to find out the difference between MG410W & MG413W axles ?

Have a question for gypsy gurus:

I am interested in buying a used single owner 2001 make mpfi gypsy. The mileage on the vehicle is 60,000 kms. I have not checked the vehicle in person however it seems clean from the pictures. The asking price is about 3 lakhs. My questions are:

1. Is the mileage of 60,000 too high for further use? Will the engine require any sort of rebuilding?

2. Is it a good buy at 3 lakhs?

I will be using the vehicle as a daily drive (30 kms) and the weekend outstation trips.

Awaiting some guidance. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek (Post 2890291)
Have a question for gypsy gurus:

1. Is the mileage of 60,000 too high for further use? Will the engine require any sort of rebuilding?

2. Is it a good buy at 3 lakhs?

I will be using the vehicle as a daily drive (30 kms) and the weekend outstation trips.

Awaiting some guidance. Thanks.

Trek,

That's too little information for anyone to actually be of much help to you. Do not go by what it looks like in the pictures. Get a good mechanic along, drive the vehicle and get the engine and other mechanical bits checked out.

From my personal experience I can tell you that it is impossible to figure out the health of a 11-year-old engine without opening it up, even if it looks hunky dory from the outside.

3L is reasonable for a MPFI Gypsy, provided it is well-maintained (needs to major work for ~20K KMs) and has a decent level of kit on it. If you have to do any significant amount of work on it and change tyres etc, the cost will add and up and it won't be worth the price.

As a daily drive, I think you'll also be looking to have at least AC in the vehicle.

Need a lot more of details from you for anything more.