Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:53   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: My MM550

Jyobeb, you're something else. I always look forward to reading your threads and posts because there are so many technical aspects i have learnt from going through these. May your tribe increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Thanks aton bro for answering all my questions. Have a great time with the MM550
Buddy please use the "Thanks" button for showing your gratitude towards someone in particular, especially if its post related.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:03   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Jeepster,
After reading all this thread and again reading all the modification listed on the classifieds you still believe it is reliable ?

- Sreejesh

Reliable is a very big "word". Is Beboy selling this 550? After changing three engines?

Beboy, if you are, then can i have the engine and GB

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:27   #258
BHPian

Headers,

Reliable is a very big "Word" .
But A Jeep thing is that much Big ? we normally talks about a 1" screw for 2-3 pages thats why I doubted the reliability of this Jeep.

- Sreejesh
Old 29th June 2011, 13:20   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Buddy please use the "Thanks" button for showing your gratitude towards someone in particular, especially if its post related.
FYI, the Thanks Post was made to Jyobeb was on 24th March 2011, whereas the Thanks button feature was introduced into the forum was almost after a month i.e., 22nd April 2011. Its doesn't serve any purpose by commenting on the topic that too after 2 months (23rd June 2011) just for the sake of doing it. I seriously found it irrelevant.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:04   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Jeepster,
After reading all this thread and again reading all the modification listed on the classifieds you still believe it is reliable ?
- Sreejesh
Do you feel otherwise? I stopped working on it 6 months ago and am using it every single day including long trips. It has not let me down even once though I may go for a 4.88 ratio before I sell as the jeep screams at about 120. And yes it comfortable does 120!!!
Stopped working on it because it met my expectations and selling it because of my new project! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...4-project.html
It is a reliable daily driver and I do not sell cars I will not buy!
@Headers - If I could sell the jeep without the Engine & Gearbox, I would use it on my new Project!

Last edited by jyobeb : 29th June 2011 at 16:08.
jyobeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 16:57   #261
Senior - BHPian

Jyobeb, Sudarshanjee is going to hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
FYI, the Thanks Post was made to Jyobeb was on 24th March 2011, whereas the Thanks button feature was introduced into the forum was almost after a month i.e., 22nd April 2011. Its doesn't serve any purpose by commenting on the topic that too after 2 months (23rd June 2011) just for the sake of doing it. I seriously found it irrelevant.
Green Day, theres no reason to get all touchy.

Firstly accepting my mistake, I apologize for overlooking the fact that your post was made before the feature was introduced. Its obvious that i must have missed that. A line mentioning that, would have been enough to bring this to my notice, instead of your melodramatic banter i.e. "Its doesn't serve any purpose by commenting on the topic that too after 2 months (23rd June 2011) just for the sake of doing it. I seriously found it irrelevant."

Coming to your useless and uncalled for deduction about why i made the post, well, that is what is irrelevant and uncalled for. I have better things to do than to quote members and increase my post count, if you didnt know this,kindly make a note. I suggest some introspection before you go snapping at people like this.

If you have had a bad day, there are other ways to tackle that.

Last edited by V-16 : 29th June 2011 at 17:00.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:15   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
The Isuzu 4jg2 engine shares the clutch cover assembly, clutch plates, release bearing, UJ star and water pump of the Tavera.
The oil filter is the same as used in the Lancer Diesel.
I will update on parts as and when I find out what locally available parts can be used on the ISUZU 4JG2.
Hi Jyobeb,

I have currently bought a 4JG2 engine and am in the process of fitting it in a jeep, I need to source a clutch fork, clutch bearing and clutch plate for the same, could you help me with the info of the dealer who would have it in India, also if you could share the part numbers for the same.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Best,

Gobind
Old 9th March 2014, 10:50   #263
Senior - BHPian

Gobind, the clutch plate, cover assembly and the fork are the same as in the Chevrolet Tavera. Any large parts store in your town will be able to get it to you.
jyobeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 12:12   #264
BANNED

Hi Gobind,
If you are looking for spares for a 4jg2,the best place is Patran near Patiala.There is a virtual scrapyard for Tavera's.I had put in a 4jg2 TCIC engine
in a 550 NGCS,but removed it due to the front end being too heavy.I procured all
the parts from Patran.Even complete engines are also available.let me know if i can be of any help. Regards,
hps aulakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 19:34   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Gobind, the clutch plate, cover assembly and the fork are the same as in the Chevrolet Tavera. Any large parts store in your town will be able to get it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hps aulakh View Post
Hi Gobind,
If you are looking for spares for a 4jg2,the best place is Patran near Patiala.There is a virtual scrapyard for Tavera's.I had put in a 4jg2 TCIC engine
in a 550 NGCS,but removed it due to the front end being too heavy.I procured all
the parts from Patran.Even complete engines are also available.let me know if i can be of any help. Regards,
Hi jyobeb sir and HPS Aulakh sir, thanks for the input.

But I just checked the sizes of the Tavera clutch and pressure plates on the exedy website and it says :

Clutch plate: 225 (Outer Dia) x 150 (inner dia) spline : 25.6 x 24
Pressure Plate: 225 (Outer Dia) x 150 (inner dia)

Now the exedy 4JG2 engine recommends the following:

Clutch plate: 250 (outer dia)x 160 (inner Dia) spline : 25.6 x 24
Pressure plate: 250 (outer dia)x 160 (inner Dia)

So from the looks of it the spline matches but there is a difference in the size of the plates. Looking forward to your views on the same.

Best,

Gobind
Old 10th March 2014, 10:51   #266
BANNED

Hi Gobind, I shall check with my friends who use the same engine and get back to you.The engine i had came with a working clutch and pressure plate.
regards,
Old 24th March 2014, 19:29   #267
BANNED

Gobind, the only thing you need to do to fit the tavera parts is drill new holes in the flywheel.Then you will not have any problem fitting it.
Old 30th March 2014, 08:58   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by hps aulakh View Post
Gobind, the only thing you need to do to fit the tavera parts is drill new holes in the flywheel.Then you will not have any problem fitting it.
Thanks for the info sir. I was able to manage an original excedy clutch and pressure plate from Delhi.

Also got the bearing and fork from mayapuri..
Old 11th April 2014, 12:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, does the MM550 have the same differential assembly as the Scorpio & Thar Crde ? I see the axles shafts have the same 30 splines. Is there any difference ?
Old 11th April 2014, 13:00   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey guys, does the MM550 have the same differential assembly as the Scorpio & Thar Crde ? I see the axles shafts have the same 30 splines. Is there any difference ?
No, they are not. Both are 30 spline but, crown/pinion is different and scorpio/Thar CRDe axle is wider.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks