Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 09:10   #316
BHPian

Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Hey Deepak,

Great to hear from you.

Glad to know that everyone's doing fine in your family. All's well on this side too.

The Gypsy is looking absolutely awesome. Hope the OME set up on the Fortuner has improved the ride quality substantially as compared to that of the stock car.

I'm curious about this tow hitch; are you into serious rock crawling (that's the only scenario that I can imagine where this contraption might come in handy). I have only seen the Gypsys belonging to Armed Forces equipped with this. The half top is looking good. 6K in three years is well, not that bad. My car is sitting at 8K after 5 years.

Are you also planning to jump ship to the Thar bandwagon (just as our friend Mr Dube ) by any chance? In case you do please let me know.

The Gypsy section of the forum has been quiet for a while which is quite understandable in light of the current situation so I wanted to reach out to you. I think we are a shrinking breed therefore would have to keep up the banter.

On this side of the planet, a lot of people/customers are anxiously waiting for Ford Bronco to be launched commercially. Ford of course has experienced a number of delays on account of a multitude of reasons. I'm closely watching the Indian market for the impending launch of the Jimny which hopefully should be available by mid-2022.

Take care & stay safe my friend and do take her out for a spin once things get better.
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 00:51   #317
BANNED

Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
You can buy it from SwastikFabs or Ozone.
You can get it installed at your mechanic or at the authorised service center too.
The total cost came to roughly 76K including installation roughly 2 years back.
I've read/heard that OME offered marginally better ride on the Gypsy than Ironman and hence, went with OME.
Did the 76k include OME spring bushes? I heard they are of a very hard duro rating compared to Ironman PU bushes. The Ironman bush kit looks a lot like the superpro bushes in color and design and I wonder if they are rebranded ones. I use the full Ironman kit with spring bushes and now plan to get Superpro bushes for the Ironman shocks as well - as soon as the restrictions of imports are lifted.

Speaking of Tow hitches - is it required for snatch recovery? I believe the factory build tow hook cannot be used for snatch type loads. Where exactly does the tow hitch connect on the car to make it more robust compared to factory D-loop?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks