Team-BHP - YetiBlog® - My Land Rover Discovery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   YetiBlog® - My Land Rover Discovery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/71627-yetiblog-my-land-rover-discovery-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikoneer (Post 1637138)

5. Also there are also special mention about LSD, Rear Diff lock etc in 4X4 threads. what are these

Sorry if this is slightly OT , but felt like being in an exciting quiz with what the lovable Snowman has put in here.
So taking the liberty to answer what I thought what was still an open question.
LSD means Limited Slip Differential.Now, all I know beyond a minimal understanding is just the expansion, so here it is from Wikipedia.
If you already know, excuse me for this post.I will not take anymore excitement away from readers of the yeti's experiences with his new discovery.
Enjoy, ikoneer.
Limited slip differential - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1647856)
Sometimes I get the urge, since I haven't yet gone off-roading. I simply haven't had the time yet. But sometimes I get the urge.
Then I drive my Land Rover over a sidewalk, over a divider, sometimes over a large pile of concrete up and down and then sideways.

Then I grin. I don't stop and do it again.

Sometimes I am on a road facing an impossible mound of road debris. Perhaps they're digging again. I just grin and raise my left wheels all over it.

Aaaah. I've off-roaded for the day, lol.

awesome writing!!! Simple yet so involving to read.

Then:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1634445)
To be honest, I'm not really an off-roader in the true sense of the word.

(snip)

Yes I do understand - it is a sport, a game I guess - but that sort of thing doesn't really excite me. It's not my thing.

I don't think I'll ever join an Team-BHP OTR, to be honest. I don't think I'll enjoy climbing up and down the same mountain in a 4X4. You know what, I don't even think I'd know HOW to do that.

I'd probably kill myself and destroy a good car.

Seven pages later .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1647856)
Sometimes I get the urge, since I haven't yet gone off-roading. I simply haven't had the time yet. But sometimes I get the urge.
Then I drive my Land Rover over a sidewalk, over a divider, sometimes over a large pile of concrete up and down and then sideways.

Then I grin. I don't stop and do it again.

Sometimes I am on a road facing an impossible mound of road debris. Perhaps they're digging again. I just grin and raise my left wheels all over it.

Aaaah. I've off-roaded for the day, lol.

So, I say,

Ehehehehe...
RuAAAAARRRRR.

And I believe rest of the 4x4 guys will join me.

Hey Sam just read the entire thread at one go and boy that is some luck, getting a Landy as Gift. Many congrats on the acquisition of the Discovery. Land Rovers are really meant to go anywhere and hope you utilise it to the max of its capacity.

May be someday even I'll have my Defender 110.

Sam, I am sure that the big beautiful Green monster is making you write such a wonderful write-up, amazing. Enjoy the Green HULK (that’s what I would call it) ride safe.

In the mean while just happen to see another Landy in Bangalore, I am not sure what model it is but it is AWESOME

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wind splitter (Post 1650798)
In the mean while just happen to see another Landy in Bangalore, I am not sure what model it is but it is AWESOME

Its a Range Rover Sport, the top-of-the-line LR, probably a 2006 model.

The decal below the side indicator is that of the Land Rover G4 Challenge.

Thanks for sharing Newbie, nice start there. You are welcome.:)

Congrats Sam, I understand now, why i got a call from you, a couple of years ago.

You've got a nice clean vehicle!

Amazing Sam, congratulations. I must be dreaming or something. Land Rover Discovery - a gift and that too from a stranger. WOW! Do take good care of her and can we have some more pictures please.

clap:

Might we request some pictures? Inside/outside/top/bottom et al?

Also, have you ICE-d it yet?

If so, what specs? If not, what plans?

Dear Sam,

Dreams are made of you!:thumbs up

cheers
Vinay!

Mad Monkey - thank you for this great b'day present. A personalized keychain. Wonderful.

YetiBlog® - My Land Rover Discovery-photo-24.jpg

Congratulations Sam, We need more pictures, interior ones too. Hows she doing now? Any OTR sessions except for the side walk and divider oneslol:

Hi Sam, You URGENTLY need to update your garage. Pls DO.
1) Skoda Superb
2) Landy
3) Lancer

Dear T/B Brethren: Dont you agree on that...

‪Land Rover restoration - paintjob complete‬‏ - YouTube

This beauty is being painstakingly restored by the Brothers Engineer at Nikki Garage in Mumbai.

@YetiBlog. I am indulged and feel so connected with your scripting and narration. I read your blog with utmost curiosity and interest and this reminds me, that i didnt do justice to my studies back then, well i truely respect the lion hearted guy who gifted Landy to you, landy landed with good hands and i get to read the experience first hand. Burrr burr

Rrrrrooorrrrrr :)