Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 16:13   #76
BHPian
 
GoSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 507
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

Naveen - I remember that jump and the aftermath as well.

This is a formidable machine. I think it now sports a 1.6L baleno engine and strenthened front and rear diff tubes.

Making good even better! Jeepers Way

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline  
Old 13th August 2011, 01:37   #77
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

1.5L baleno engine, not the 1.6L, baleno radiator - yes, shortened chassis/body
as long as the ECM is not in water, everything is fine.
the diff tubes were bent as they were not strengthened. the huge tyres do put a lot of load on the diff tube. the strengthening should have been there by default.

Last edited by saintsinner : 13th August 2011 at 01:39.
saintsinner is offline  
Old 13th August 2011, 02:10   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,795
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
1.5L baleno engine, not the 1.6L, baleno radiator - yes, shortened chassis/body
as long as the ECM is not in water, everything is fine.
the diff tubes were bent as they were not strengthened. the huge tyres do put a lot of load on the diff tube. the strengthening should have been there by default.
1.5L Baleno engine,which one is that???
All baleno's had a 1.6L,didnt they?
akshay4587 is offline  
Old 13th August 2011, 02:46   #79
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

yes, G15A is the 1.5L and G16B is the 1.6L, both are identical in terms of power, the G15A is imported though. its the one that karizma9292 has in his beast - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...offroader.html
saintsinner is offline  
Old 13th August 2011, 23:38   #80
BHPian
 
Zorro4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
yes, G15A is the 1.5L and G16B is the 1.6L, both are identical in terms of power, the G15A is imported though. its the one that karizma9292 has in his beast - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...offroader.html

I don't think G15A's fit into the Gypsy engine bay. Karizma9292 too had to switch to a G16B due to this reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hi , the engine which i had got has been sent back for a G16B as the G15A is -ve fit

Meanwhile the body work has started and also bought wheels and tyres for the gypsy. (FORCEUM 235/75-R15 on 8.5J wheels)
Zorro4X4 is offline  
Old 14th August 2011, 08:35   #81
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 470
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
I don't think G15A's fit into the Gypsy engine bay. Karizma9292 too had to switch to a G16B due to this reason
Hey ,you are right buddy, initially i bought the G15A , but the problem was the engine was too wide for the KING gearbox i.e the top 2 holes of the GB is a direct fit to the G16B , but incase of a G15A the top 2 holes dont match to the king GB . both engines identical as far as i know .
karizma9292 is offline  
Old 25th August 2011, 03:41   #82
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Arjun's Black Monster Zuki

There you go, i think the tuner knows its a 1.5 that is why it is mentioned there. maybe they used a adapter plate?
Attached Images
 
saintsinner is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks