Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 11:34   #196
Team-BHP Support

Yeah price of a Gypsy would be a good idea, but if this is gonna be launched as a niche lifestyle vehicle we can forget that price
Old 8th January 2010, 11:35   #197
Senior - BHPian

If it is going to be close to a new Gypsy, it would be best. 1000 would be an easy number at that price. Many state Govt departments as well as Police depertments would also be highly interested in this. Just Perfect..

EDIT- 1 for me as well at that price..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 8th January 2010 at 11:37.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
If it is going to be close to a new Gypsy, it would be best. 1000 would be an easy number at that price. Many state Govt departments as well as Police depertments would also be highly interested in this. Just Perfect..

EDIT- 1 for me as well at that price..
You nailed it. Police department - My uncle who is an ADGP said he would be getting one himself . He now has Bolero and scorpio all " G " registered for himself .

If its the price of gypsy I'm in too.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:47   #199
Senior - BHPian

As you all guys have said pricing is going to be the key. Plus will this be a limited edition model just like Legend or regular production model? Question yet to be answered. If a limited edition model then expect it to be priced horribly.

If it is a regular production model then what will happen to the Invader? Will it also get the same engine and suspension combination? If not Invader would be almost dead!

Iam sure M&M is working on various models at different price brackets. So nothing to worry. Only thing to worry is personal finances and start saving up:-))

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 8th January 2010 at 11:49.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:04   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yeah price of a Gypsy would be a good idea, but if this is gonna be launched as a niche lifestyle vehicle we can forget that price
i dont think M&M will launch it as a niche lifestyle vehicle, because they already know the failure of the getaway in india.

they cant make it too stripped down as invader, that also didnt set the sales charts on fire!

so i expect M&M to price wisely and load it smartly!
Old 8th January 2010, 12:21   #201
Team-BHP Support

We can only speculate, at the end of the day the in house researchers data will decide where they are going to place the vehicle. ie if they do decide to sell it before next auto expo in India
Old 8th January 2010, 13:10   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
As you all guys have said pricing is going to be the key. Plus will this be a limited edition model just like Legend or regular production model? Question yet to be answered. If a limited edition model then expect it to be priced horribly.

If it is a regular production model then what will happen to the Invader? Will it also get the same engine and suspension combination? If not Invader would be almost dead!

Iam sure M&M is working on various models at different price brackets. So nothing to worry. Only thing to worry is personal finances and start saving up:-))
Vinod, time and again companies offer latest products to the market at the price similar to the outgoing product. For example Corolla Altis. The Cost effectiveness comes from new techniques of production, cost cutting and parts sharing among various models. At this time producing a Major could be more costly then producing Thar (more automation in manufacturing and better sourcing and easy availability of latest components).

Well the key phrase is Value for Money for a product to be successful.. With new product the Manufacturer also gets a chance to revise price to become more VFM. Like Invader wasn’t much of a success so there is no point taking it as a base for comparison. Instead launch a better product at same price and make it a Success. Like Fortuner.

It is better to launch a new product at lower price (great VFM) and with time keep increasing its price once its successful. This is what Toyota and Honda do. Not like Skoda to always launch new product at high price and then keep reducing it to make it success.. No one going to question a company if it increase price twice or thrice in a year..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 8th January 2010 at 13:14.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:15   #203
Senior - BHPian

Anybody know if the Indian Army is showing interest in the Thar configuration? There was some rumor to that effect after the Mumbai attacks. The Army took that opportunity to request a new vehicle to improve their readiness. The reason I mention it is that a mass production run would tend to keep cost down. The cost of a Gypsy is up around 5.3 now. A Thar type MM540 would be value for money Methinks.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 8th January 2010 at 13:18.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:17   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If the price is right ( meaning upto 6 lakhs Ex Showroom) I'm selling my car and buying the Thar,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
you better find a buyer for your car and get your cheque book ready!
So its around 6Lakhs then?
Old 8th January 2010, 14:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

My friend (a silent member here nbhat1977) is at the Auto Expo today and met Mr. Behram just a few moments ago. Conveyed my regards to him and a brief chat about the Thar
Salient points from the conversation:
  1. The Thar is getting launched soon, very soon.
  2. It will be with PS, AC et al.
  3. Will be available mainly in Soft Top but will have the latest gen canopy making AC highly effective.
  4. And the bombshell, the base version without AC will be slightly over 6 Lakhs Ex-Showroom.
Thank you Behram Sir for all information. Look forward to it launch and may be owning it as well.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th January 2010 at 14:16.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:16   #206
Senior - BHPian

another photo of the Thar in concept, unlike Thar Adventure!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp thar1.bmp (900.1 KB, 464 views)
Old 8th January 2010, 14:18   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend (a silent member here nbhat1977) is at the Auto Expo today and met Mr. Behram just a few moments ago. Conveyed my regards to him and a brief chat about the Thar
Salient points from the conversation:
  1. The Thar is getting launched soon, very soon.
  2. It will be with PS, AC et al.
  3. Will be available mainly in Soft Top but will have the latest gen canopy making AC highly effective.
  4. And the bombshell, the base version without AC will be slightly over 6 Lakhs Ex-Showroom.
Thank you Behram Sir for all information. Look forward to it launch and may be owning it as well.
what more can you ask for?
Old 8th January 2010, 14:26   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...And the bombshell, the base version without AC will be slightly over 6 Lakhs Ex-Showroom...
The 1st piece of concrete and useful pricing information on the much hyped vehicle. If its indeed so, it will be great deal i guess.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:53   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
what more can you ask for?
personally I would have looked for it, if it would have been close to 5 with PS & AC but lets not loose hope & wait for it.

I may be saying this because I already have a Scorpio & Punto & just spending 6+ lacs would not be light on my budget.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:30   #210
BHPian

I was at the Auto Expo yesterday and had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Behram sir. M&M (or Behram sir) was trying to get to see the interest and response of the visitors for Thar and the rough price mentioned to me was around 6 lakhs.

Behram sir - Thank you for putting up this beauty on display for Jeep lovers like us. I really liked your baby.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed